Page 43 of 120 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393 ... LastLast

Thread: Mitsubishi Mirage monthly sales, US & Canada, 2013-2023 (projected 7000/yr for U.S.)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I have Strongly debated purchasing another mirage. (The g4 actually) I like the idea of 2 similar cars and I really just don't enjoy my spare car any longer.

The kicker is the price. I cannot justify paying nearly DOUBLE what i payed a few months ago, simply because it's dealer fresh and has an automatic.

Mitsubishi, if you ARE reading this... start offering lower budget cars. Radio and hubcap delete, etc

Who in there right mind would spend $15,000 on a mirage?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I'm confused at the logic, it is marginally more to buy a pretty equipped outlander and many other cars. Outlanders are selling really well around here, I'm seeing them everywhere. At $10k-12k the Mirage is a decent value. The only way they could possibly justify a higher worth is it delivers near hybrid mileage with out the hybrid (which begs the question why other manufacturers don't). I mean I got nearly 50 mpg on a highway jaunt and nearly 45 tooling around the last two days. These are probably going to be far lower cost cars reliability wise going forward than hybrids. Mitsubishi isn't stupid, they'd never offer that warranty otherwise.

Still they're probably going to well outsell the projection. If they want 7k a year and sell 1000-2000 a month this is an amazing success. If gas were to hit nearly $4 a gallon again owners would laugh at the pump. It costs like $15 from low fuel warnings to fill it.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    yep. I got 55mpg the other day for the first time, which was due to hot weather and really good luck with stop lights. if they keep these cars around long enough in North America, when gas goes up again, sales numbers should improve. i'll say this as well: if they were to announce that they were going to stop selling them here, I would trade in on the last model and milk it for many years afterward.
    2014 White SE with CVT

Gas prices: good point. It's definitely true that if prices were higher, the Mirage would be doing much better, particularly in the U.S.

But with a record glut of refined gasoline and crude oil in stockpiles, it doesn't look like we'll be seeing higher prices for quite a while.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I'm hoping I can pick one up - used - before gas prices go back up.

Should be able to sell it for what I paid if gas goes up too much. Or save a bunch of money.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by El Kapitan View Post
    yep. I got 55mpg the other day for the first time, which was due to hot weather and really good luck with stop lights. if they keep these cars around long enough in North America, when gas goes up again, sales numbers should improve. i'll say this as well: if they were to announce that they were going to stop selling them here, I would trade in on the last model and milk it for many years afterward.
    That is funny, the part about the hot weather helping your mileage, here in Florida the hot weather hurts my mileage LOL.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    interesting. because of using the A/C more often?
    2014 White SE with CVT

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I live in Florida too and using the AC definitely drops the miles per gallon. Every car I've ever owned, fuel economy seems to drop 3–4 miles per gallon. Seems to be the same case with the Mirage. Small engines have to work a lot harder to run the AC compressor.

August sales

A bit better month compared to July in both Canada & the U.S.:

US: 1541 Mirages (including G4 sedan)

Canada: 245 Mirages (including G4 sedan)

The Spark is still killing the Mirage in the States (2938), but the torrid sales pace of the revised 2016 model seem to be dropping off quickly. Check the chart in post #1.

In Canada, the Nissan Micra (980 sales) is still killing both the Mirage and the Spark. The redesigned Spark has caused it to pull up nearly even with the Mirage. Canadians avoided the older version like the plague, but they seem to like this one more (or they're getting more fleet sales).

Reviews of the Spark vs. Micra vs. Mirage in Canada say:

Micra = more fun
    Spark = more refined
    Mirage = more economical

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Member BillThompsonMirage-ES-CVT's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Maybe the $1,750 G4 rebate and the $1,500 Mirage rebate will help.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.4 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)