Page 98 of 119 FirstFirst ... 488896979899100108 ... LastLast

Thread: Mitsubishi Mirage monthly sales, US & Canada, 2013-2023 (projected 7000/yr for U.S.)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge Aries K View Post
    Dirk, I have a 2011 Outlander Sport here with 169K on it and guess what's broken? I need to post the video of it for your enjoyment.
    Damn, the CVT8 went out @ 169k miles? Unacceptable. I'm guessing u did all the fluid changes too?

Senior Member Subcompact Culture's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    Nice articles! Do you have access to data showing which mfg has a better track record with JATCO CVTs, Nissan or Mitsubishi? I can't find anything about the % of JATCO CVTs that make it to 200k miles hardly.

Journalistic question: Would you get in trouble with your editor if you pointed out the Outlander, having a Nissan powertrain, could potentially be a huge risk for consumers? Especially if they're expecting to get at least 200k miles out of their cars? Or could that be a libel issue that writers have to avoid?
    I don't have access to that info and I doubt either mfg would be willing to talk about it.

The second question -- that's not something I can really speak to. You're asking me if I'd get in trouble for expressing an opinion that having a Nissan engine in a Mitsubishi is a huge risk. I mean, I guess if I really believed that I could put it in there, but it's likely the editor would ask me why I'd think that and they would, of course, have the final say on whether it gets cut or not. It wouldn't be a libel thing, but it'd probably not be good for me and my relationship with either company (and possibly the outlet I'm writing for).

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    Damn, the CVT8 went out @ 169k miles? Unacceptable. I'm guessing u did all the fluid changes too?
    I bought it broken. It's not beat up but I'd be willing to bet the nasty ass fluid in it is original. It makes a loud whining sound and has low trans fluid pressure. My plan is to take it apart and try to get it back on the road.

Here's a video about it, Dirk. Enjoy some good CVT angry noises!

Last edited by Dodge Aries K; 10-08-2021 at 05:02 AM. Reason: Video link for dirk
    -Karl B. No Mirages currently...

2021 Q4 and year end U.S. sales

4152 Mirages sold Oct - Dec. ... vs. 4844 in the same period last year

22,741 sold for the full year ... vs. 19,136 last year.

https://media.mitsubishicars.com/en-...9e5a0dfd00c390

All previous years, FYI:

Total: 178,927

For comparison, GM sold 24,459 Sparks last year and 33,478 in 2020.

https://gmauthority.com/blog/gm/chev...sales-numbers/

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

inuvik (01-07-2022)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,562 Times in 1,120 Posts
    2021's sales probably would be higher if not due to limited inventory although there are a few 2021's still floating around on dealer's lots.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    4152 Mirages sold Oct - Dec. ... vs. 4844 in the same period last year

22,741 sold for the full year ... vs. 19,136 last year.

https://media.mitsubishicars.com/en-...9e5a0dfd00c390

All previous years, FYI:

Total: 178,927

For comparison, GM sold 24,459 Sparks last year and 33,478 in 2020.

https://gmauthority.com/blog/gm/chev...sales-numbers/
    1st quarter & 2nd quarter Mirage sales were 6,932 & 6,790. As the year went on, I'm sure the lack of cars & discounts took its toll on sales. The disappearance of cars from the market (less new car competition) & high prices of used cars probably kept Mirage sales afloat.

Unless things change, my 2017 Mirage may be the last new car I buy in my lifetime. Without the huge Mirage discounts (paid 65.4% window sticker), I would be back to buying 2+ year old vehicles with low mileage. Since I plan on driving my current Mirage for 15+ years, I'm not losing slept over the current market.

Overall, Mitsubishi has done well this year in spite of everything. While some companies have tanked, Mitsubishi has seen some real growth. The Eclipse Cross is still a turd when it comes to sales in my opinion.

https://www.best-selling-cars.com/us...ales-by-model/

Canada: Mirage one of the worst-selling cars last year

This article made me realize I never updated the year-end stats for Canada. The numbers are low!

Driving By Numbers: Canada's 10 worst-selling vehicles In 2021

They’re the auto industry’s rejects. The misfits. The future dropouts. The spurned, shunned, and scorned. They’re the worst-selling vehicles in Canada, 2021’s lowest-volume cars and SUVs, a ragtag group of 10 almost entirely ignored nameplates.

[...]

Mitsubishi Mirage: 911, down 24 per cent

It’s a three-cylinder sub-subcompact marketed largely on the basis of a killer warranty and bargain-basement price point. Most buyers prefer to spend a little bit more on monthly terms and acquire a whole lot more car. As evidence, consider the comparatively enormous volume generated by Canada’s favourite compact cars: the Civic, Corolla, and Elantra combined for just under 110,000 sales in 2021.
    See the full list/ article here:

https://driving.ca/column/driving-by...hicles-in-2021

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Canada's steadily declining Mirage sales through the years

Opposite picture of the car's success in the States...

Canada Mirage sales:

Holy cow... for comparison, Canadians bought 6,145 copies of the Spark in 2021, down slightly from the 6,290 Sparks sold in 2020.

When Nissan canned the Micra in 2019, it appears the vast majority of shoppers who wanted a cheap econobox went to their local GM dealer instead of giving Mitsu a second thtought.

And now with the cancellation of the Spark, if Mitsu Canada can't move more than 900 Mirages this year, something is seriously wrong with them!

With gas prices at/near record or multi-year highs, you'd think they'd be putting some effort into marketing North America's most fuel efficient non-hybrid car.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

Top_Fuel (02-18-2022)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,471 Posts
    My local Mitsubishi dealer has 0 new cars right now. They haven't had a new Mirage for almost 6 months. They have a handful of used cars parked about 10 feet apart in front of the showroom to make it look like they have something to sell. I don't know how this year's numbers are going to end up looking good in the US.

The closest Chevrolet dealer is the same...the place almost looks like it's out of business. Do new car dealers in Canada look like this?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

Yes. Same situation here - not many new cars on the lots.

And the situation is finally affecting my area's used car market:

I haven't seen a cheap Mirage for a couple of weeks, and only 2 in the last 5 weeks. I'm signed up for email alerts of Mirages & Micras under $4500 within 500 km of here, and there's just nothing lately. In normal times, I'd see 2-4 listings a day.

The number of used cars in my area under $4k with a stick of any make is about 1/3 of normal.

Funny anecdote: The guy I sold my 2000 Metro to for $750 last summer? He re-listed it for sale yesterday, asking $3k.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

fc321 (04-02-2022),Top_Fuel (02-18-2022)