Page 97 of 119 FirstFirst ... 47879596979899107 ... LastLast

Thread: Mitsubishi Mirage monthly sales, US & Canada, 2013-2023 (projected 7000/yr for U.S.)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,388 Times in 1,007 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    ... I don't care for sedans. I don't see myself ever owning one.
    Interesting. I love sedans and coupes. They are my preference. Low CoG, awesome ride, good handling, less weight, generally mo' fastuh, better mpg, etc. And look mo' bettuh too.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    Interesting. I love sedans and coupes. They are my preference. Low CoG, awesome ride, good handling, less weight, generally mo' fastuh, better mpg, etc. And look mo' bettuh too.
    I. don't share your opinion on most anything you just said. Does a G4 weigh less than a Mirage? Sure an Impala weighs less than a Tahoe with a full frame. I don't get the point?

I wish the Mirage were a small wagon. My rear seats haven't been up in months. We may have different uses. Looks don't matter to me much, but I never liked the Chevy Citation or the new Eclipse Cross. I like a square box like a Jimny or an old Isuzu Trooper.

I use sedans for driving lessons, but I would never buy one.

Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

inuvik (10-06-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,562 Times in 1,120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    For the meme challenged here is the genesis of the Turtle Boy meme in all it's 18 second glory:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,388 Times in 1,007 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    I. don't share your opinion on most anything you just said. Does a G4 weigh less than a Mirage? Sure an Impala weighs less than a Tahoe with a full frame. I don't get the point?
    My lighter weight comment was more general. Like any average sedan versus any average SUV. Especially full size SUVs. You have to agree with me and always get my points, or we have to be enemies.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    The Eclipse Cross will always have a disadvantage (in my opinion) because waaaaay too many people remember the Eclipse as a sporty/GT style car thing. I've never seen such angry backlash towards a car name than I have online for the Eclipse Cross. The 2022 really fixed most of the issues with it though... the stupid touch pad went away, the dumb Aztek rear glass went away. It's a very nice little suv thing... but that's the problem is that it's an SUV thing.
    -Karl B. No Mirages currently...

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    The problem for me with the eclipse cross is not only the terrible name, but the fact that it uses a turbocharger and GDI fuel injection. Neither technology is a winning scenario for engine longevity and low maintenance. The only advantage with this engine over The Outlander sports 2.0L and 2.4L is improved torque, thanks to the turbocharger. So with the cvt, the engine can better propel the car with lower revs.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by palebeachbum View Post
    The problem for me with the eclipse cross is not only the terrible name, but the fact that it uses a turbocharger and GDI fuel injection. Neither technology is a winning scenario for engine longevity and low maintenance. The only advantage with this engine over The Outlander sports 2.0L and 2.4L is improved torque, thanks to the turbocharger. So with the cvt, the engine can better propel the car with lower revs.
    In terms of reliability I think the PHEV is Mitsubishi's best product. Hybrids are generally more reliable than ICE vehicles right? The Outlander Sport seems dated but reliable but still after scouring the internet, I can't find hardly any testimonials from OS owners saying they're over 200k miles. Makes me nervous.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Dirk, I have a 2011 Outlander Sport here with 169K on it and guess what's broken? I need to post the video of it for your enjoyment.
    -Karl B. No Mirages currently...

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Dodge Aries K For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (10-07-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    My lighter weight comment was more general. Like any average sedan versus any average SUV. Especially full size SUVs. You have to agree with me and always get my points, or we have to be enemies.
    I appreciated your Camry 4 cylinder suggestion yesterday, because they are excellent, dependable cars. If someone doesn't like working on cars, the Camry is hard to beat! I've always like hatchbacks, small wagons, and SUVs. At my age, I don't see that changing.

It's funny, because I taught a few 7th graders a few years back that also would say "I like turtles." One would acknowledge that's nice & move on with life! I never made the connect to "zombie boy" on youtube.

When I made reference to owing a RAV4 some day, it would be a replacement for my Forester. Unless I move, I will always want one AWD/4WD vehicle. Having a vehicle that can tow my small trailer is also a must. I see slightly used RAV4s or Highlanders as safe bets. For now, I am content with what I have. The lack of manual transmission AWD/4WD choices makes me lose interest in vehicles fast. Given the current trend, the day may come where I find myself owning an automatic vehicle.

All is good! Sorry for my rant about not liking sedans. Your suggestion was well intended, & I should have acknowledged that better!