Page 95 of 120 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697105 ... LastLast

Thread: Mitsubishi Mirage monthly sales, US & Canada, 2013-2023 (projected 7000/yr for U.S.)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,565 Times in 1,122 Posts
    MMNA hasn't released sales figures for Q3 in their press releases but the info is floating out there in the interwebs and it's not terrible news.

https://www.theautochannel.com/news/...021-sales.html

Name:  Screen Shot 2021-10-04 at 16.53.20.jpg
Views: 288
Size:  61.8 KB

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to inuvik For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (10-05-2021),Top_Fuel (10-05-2021)

Compare to 3747 Sparks sold in the U.S. in the 3rd quarter.

https://gmauthority.com/blog/gm/chev...sales-numbers/

That's the first time in quite a while the Mirage has outsold it.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Holy carp... only 134 Mirages sold in Canada in the 3rd quarter!

45 a month! That's a new low.

https://www.mitsubishi-motors-pr.ca/...al-first-half/

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,849 Times in 1,102 Posts
    The Mirage outsold everything in their lineup save for the Outlander. Look at those Eclipse Cross numbers.

Ooof...

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,822 Times in 2,128 Posts
    And this is why the days of factory discounts may not come back.

The car market is not what it used to be.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Looks like the Mirage facelift did the sales numbers some good. Overall sales numbers for the brand are abysmal though. I've been wondering for several years now how much longer Mitsubishi will hold on in the US. I'm perplexed why the Eclipse Cross numbers are lower than the Outlander Sport. They're competing vehicles, but the Outlander Sport is a much older design and it shows.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,565 Times in 1,122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by palebeachbum View Post
    Looks like the Mirage facelift did the sales numbers some good. Overall sales numbers for the brand are abysmal though. I've been wondering for several years now how much longer Mitsubishi will hold on in the US. I'm perplexed why the Eclipse Cross numbers are lower than the Outlander Sport. They're competing vehicles, but the Outlander Sport is a much older design and it shows.
    The OS is pretty ancient but it's reliable and not terribly expensive. The 2.0 & 2.4 are very reliable motors and for whatever reason the CVT8 in the OS doesn't seem to give many problems. I own one a 2019 but I bought it specifically because it is a manual 5 speed and 2019 was the last year for the stick in North America for the OS/RVR. I watch a lot of Australian videos and good grief the OS/ASX/RVR is everywhere there. It still sells well worldwide and in developing countries a naturally aspirated engine that's in the OS/ASX/RVR is going to be more desirable than the turbo in the Eclipse Cross due to maintenance and simplicity.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

It still looks like the only Spark that's cheaper than a Mirage is the pole dancer 5 speed model.

If you want anything other than that then it looks like the Mirage offers better value, or at least less comparable trim levels for less moneys and better fuel economy along with much longer warranty.

Maybe people are finally realizing car reviewers are typically car snobs?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,711 Times in 2,122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Compare to 3747 Sparks sold in the U.S. in the 3rd quarter.

https://gmauthority.com/blog/gm/chev...sales-numbers/

That's the first time in quite a while the Mirage has outsold it.
    I don't put much stock in sales figures this year. For one thing, you can't sell something you don't have. Dealerships in my area are hurting. I have never seen anything like this before. Lots that are typically quite full look somewhat empty when you drive by them.

As far as the Spark goes, it's not the Mirage that has impacted its sales. We can all think that if we like. I suspect the popularity of the new Chevrolet Trailblazer is having a huge impact on car sales for Chevrolet.

"In the United States, Chevrolet Trailblazer deliveries totaled 23,343 units in Q2 2021, an increase of about 248 percent compared to 6,699 units sold in Q2 2020. In the first six months of the year, Trailblazer sales increased about 622 percent to 48,367 units." Aug 1, 2021

As far as the Eclipse Cross goes, that has to be seen as a huge failure for Mitsubishi. Only 10,319 were sold in 2020, & they may be on pace to sell even less this year. By comparison, the Subaru Crosstrek sold 119,716 in 2020, which was a down year from 131,152 the year before (& 144,384 in 2018). I use that for comparison, because that was the market they were going for from what I heard.

The Mirage will continue to benefit from the lack of competition. Ford & Chrysler have left the small car market. I don't consider the Civic or Corolla as entry level cars any more, and they have dropped their lower priced cars. I had an opportunity to sit in a 2012 Honda Fit the other day. It's a shame that car has been dropped. I was quite impressed by it. Even the Accents & Rios have evolved into nicer but not that much more expensive vehicles.

The Mirage would be way more popular if it was priced right, & it had a better dealership network. People in my parents' area of the state aren't going to buy a Mitsubishi. They wouldn't even give them a thought.

2021 Hyundai Accent 120 hp, 33 city/41 highway mpg, MSRP starting @ $15,395.
    compare that to
    2021 Mitsubishi G4 78 hp, 35 city/41 highway mpg, MSRP starting @ $15,295.

Personally, I am not a fan of either car, but the G4 should be priced thousands less than the Accent in my honest opinion. In the past, Mitsubishi has relied on huge discounts to move cars. When I started shopping for Mirage, I was very turned off by how this car was marketed. That changed once I discovered White Bear, but to this day I don't know of a decent Mitsubishi dealership in my own state. I wouldn't fault anyone for buying a Spark instead.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by inuvik View Post
    The OS is pretty ancient but it's reliable and not terribly expensive. The 2.0 & 2.4 are very reliable motors and for whatever reason the CVT8 in the OS doesn't seem to give many problems. I own one a 2019 but I bought it specifically because it is a manual 5 speed and 2019 was the last year for the stick in North America for the OS/RVR. I watch a lot of Australian videos and good grief the OS/ASX/RVR is everywhere there. It still sells well worldwide and in developing countries a naturally aspirated engine that's in the OS/ASX/RVR is going to be more desirable than the turbo in the Eclipse Cross due to maintenance and simplicity.
    My mother owns a 2015 OS GT she bought new. She loves it and it's been a problem free car, currently with 50k miles. My dad bought a new 2019 OS ES. He's a truck guy, but he thinks it's a great vehicle so far, at about 20k miles. I honestly would buy one for myself too, but I try to pay cash for cars and can't afford $20k+.

My point being I know they're great vehicles. It still stands that it's an ancient design and therefore seems strange it's way outselling the much more modern Eclipse Cross. The average buyer doesn't know the different between a turbo and naturally aspirated engine, so I don't think the old, proven tech of the OS factors much into it's sales as a selling point.