Page 98 of 98 FirstFirst ... 4888969798

Thread: Mitsubishi Mirage monthly sales, US & Canada, 2013-2021 (projected 7000/yr for U.S.)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge Aries K View Post
    Dirk, I have a 2011 Outlander Sport here with 169K on it and guess what's broken? I need to post the video of it for your enjoyment.
    Damn, the CVT8 went out @ 169k miles? Unacceptable. I'm guessing u did all the fluid changes too?

Senior Member Subcompact Culture's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    Nice articles! Do you have access to data showing which mfg has a better track record with JATCO CVTs, Nissan or Mitsubishi? I can't find anything about the % of JATCO CVTs that make it to 200k miles hardly.

Journalistic question: Would you get in trouble with your editor if you pointed out the Outlander, having a Nissan powertrain, could potentially be a huge risk for consumers? Especially if they're expecting to get at least 200k miles out of their cars? Or could that be a libel issue that writers have to avoid?
    I don't have access to that info and I doubt either mfg would be willing to talk about it.

The second question -- that's not something I can really speak to. You're asking me if I'd get in trouble for expressing an opinion that having a Nissan engine in a Mitsubishi is a huge risk. I mean, I guess if I really believed that I could put it in there, but it's likely the editor would ask me why I'd think that and they would, of course, have the final say on whether it gets cut or not. It wouldn't be a libel thing, but it'd probably not be good for me and my relationship with either company (and possibly the outlet I'm writing for).

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    Damn, the CVT8 went out @ 169k miles? Unacceptable. I'm guessing u did all the fluid changes too?
    I bought it broken. It's not beat up but I'd be willing to bet the nasty ass fluid in it is original. It makes a loud whining sound and has low trans fluid pressure. My plan is to take it apart and try to get it back on the road.

Here's a video about it, Dirk. Enjoy some good CVT angry noises!

Last edited by Dodge Aries K; 10-08-2021 at 05:02 AM. Reason: Video link for dirk
    -Karl B. No Mirages currently...