Page 92 of 119 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394102 ... LastLast

Thread: Mitsubishi Mirage monthly sales, US & Canada, 2013-2023 (projected 7000/yr for U.S.)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Fuel View Post
    2 days ago you could buy a new Mirage at White Bear for $10,999. Now the cheapest 5-speed ES they have is $12,500. I can get a leftover Sonic for that kind of jack.

Edit - Just saw this posted on another forum I read...

GM First Quarter U.S. Retail Sales Grow 19 Percent
    When they were $10,999 and the loyalty rebate was $1,000, it would have been a good time to buy. For my state sales tax, that's easily under $11,000 OTD for a new Mirage.

Senior Member Subcompact Culture's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Glad to see Mirage sales bump up. However, it looks like overall MMUSA sales were down 20% in Q1, which is clearly not great.

Hopefully the new and/or refreshed models will help.

Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    I found a stock pile of left over Micra's https://www.kijiji.ca/b-cars-trucks/...?sort=priceAsc
    Ha! And most of them are base manuals.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Quote Originally Posted by Subcompact Culture View Post
    Glad to see Mirage sales bump up. However, it looks like overall MMUSA sales were down 20% in Q1, which is clearly not great.
    Could be lingering effects of the pandemic. Mitsu took pains to point out the last month of the quarter (March) was good, so maybe things are starting to get back to normal.

It's funny: they switched to quarterly reporting in 2020 to smooth out the "ups and downs" in the sales numbers, but when it suits them they'll break out the numbers for an individual "up" month.

March was the...
    "best retail sales month since August 2019."
    https://media.mitsubishicars.com/en-...f-new-2022-suv

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Could be lingering effects of the pandemic. Mitsu took pains to point out the last month of the quarter (March) was good, so maybe things are starting to get back to normal.

It's funny: they switched to quarterly reporting in 2020 to smooth out the "ups and downs" in the sales numbers, but when it suits them they'll break out the numbers for an individual "up" month.

March was the...

https://media.mitsubishicars.com/en-...f-new-2022-suv
    Making a big deal about March 2021 sales being so much better than 2020 sales is a bit silly. The country was shutting down about that time in 2020. I'm pretty sure every auto brand can came claim better sales in 2021 compared to this time period in 2020.

Maybe Mitsubishi feels consumers are just stupid & will be impressed by their increased 2021 sales?

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I can't speak for anyone else obviously, but I am leaning towards trading in my current 2014 Mirage for a new one in the next year or two. Other than the road noise and the stupid rear alignment issue, I have been extremely happy with the little fella.
    2014 White SE with CVT

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Making a big deal about March 2021 sales being so much better than 2020 sales is a bit silly. The country was shutting down about that time in 2020. I'm pretty sure every auto brand can came claim better sales in 2021 compared to this time period in 2020.

Maybe Mitsubishi feels consumers are just stupid & will be impressed by their increased 2021 sales?
    They did mention out the YOY increase. But they also said March was their best month since August of the previous year.

Canada: Spark trounced the Mirage in Q1

It'll be interesting to see what happened with Spark sales here.

So much for the theory of higher gas prices goosing sales, at least in Canada.
    Canadian Spark numbers are out:

It looks like people who would have bought a $9998 MSRP base price Micra (discontinued) are now buying a $9995 Spark instead of a Mirage:

Q1: 194 Mirage sales vs. 1422 Sparks.

The Mirage doesn't appear to be benefitting from Nissan's exit from the small car segment.

Makes me wonder if GM will have the last small econobox available in the North American market at some point.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    It looks like people who would have bought a $9998 MSRP base price Micra (discontinued) are now buying a $9995 Spark instead:

Q1: 194 Mirage sales vs. 1422 Sparks.

The Mirage doesn't appear to be benefitting from Nissan's exit from the small car segment.

Makes me wonder if GM will have the last small econobox available in the North American market at some point.
    If you wanted a GM car years ago, you had decide if you wanted a Oldsmobile, Pontiac, Buick, Saturn, Geo, or Chevy. The only choices now are the Malibu & the Spark in North America.

Compared to most current GM products, the Spark is a bargain.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Just reading anecdotal comments on reddit and youtube, the news is out about insane Mitsubishi parts prices for many. I think this could sway buyers to the Spark over the Mirage easily. I like to believe that the Mirage will hold up better over time, requiring less parts to be replaced before a certain mileage vs a Spark but who knows?