Page 116 of 120 FirstFirst ... 1666106114115116117118 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,160 of 1197

Thread: Mitsubishi Mirage monthly sales, US & Canada, 2013-2023 (projected 7000/yr for U.S.)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,716 Times in 2,125 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    It never hurts to look for my future X-Mrs. 7milesout...
    If it doesn't work out, girlfriends are cheaper than wives. I just had that discussion with my financial planner 3 days ago!

He bought up that the poorest individuals he runs into are single guys that have multiple children with multiple women.

Those who marry somewhat young & stay married are usually financially secure. There are always exceptions. I don't like being divorced myself, but you adjust.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

Fummins (05-11-2023)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Excerpt from MMNA:

“MMNA's overall Q2 results represented the best sales performance since Q1 2022. Mitsubishi Motors Corporation continues to focus on increased production for the U.S. market, and increased availability of the brand's SUVs –though even greater supply would have driven larger sales numbers – drove this overall performance.

As vehicles drop out of the subcompact car segment, demand for the affordable, efficient Mirage remains high, and the expectation is that availability will rebound in coming months.”

This is good news.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2023 Mirage G4 SE 1.2 automatic: 43.0 mpg (US) ... 18.3 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.6 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to defensivetackle99 For This Useful Post:

El Kapitan (07-04-2023),jonesboro (07-04-2023)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by defensivetackle99 View Post
    Excerpt from MMNA:

“MMNA's overall Q2 results represented the best sales performance since Q1 2022. Mitsubishi Motors Corporation continues to focus on increased production for the U.S. market, and increased availability of the brand's SUVs –though even greater supply would have driven larger sales numbers – drove this overall performance.

As vehicles drop out of the subcompact car segment, demand for the affordable, efficient Mirage remains high, and the expectation is that availability will rebound in coming months.”

This is good news.
    2023 1st quarter sales numbers for the Mirage were the worst 1st quarter sales numbers ever!

2022 Mirage sales numbers were the lowest of all time.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    2023 1st quarter sales numbers for the Mirage were the worst 1st quarter sales numbers ever!

2022 Mirage sales numbers were the lowest of all time.
    You’re right, Mark. I was reading the last paragraph and took it as good news. Maybe the supply chain is real after all.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2023 Mirage G4 SE 1.2 automatic: 43.0 mpg (US) ... 18.3 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.6 mpg (Imp)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to defensivetackle99 For This Useful Post:

El Kapitan (07-12-2023)

US: Q3 Mirage sales picking up

4,028 Mirages sold in Q3, July - September.

That compares well to 3,228 sold in the same period last year.

Year to date for 2023: 9,344 sold vs. 12,763 at this point last year.

I'm sure some others have seen that Mitsu is now offering 2 years of regular maintenance* on all models. On a $17000 car, that's nothing to sneeze at. That plus all the media coverage of the "last remaining cars under $20k", I suspect they're selling all the Mirages they can get.

Included on 2024 vehicles... the following services and parts: 1st service (12-months/12,000 miles) – oil and filter changes, tire rotation, and multi-point inspection; 2nd service (24-months/30,000 miles) - oil and filter changes, tire rotation, cabin air filter change, and multi-point inspection; 3rd service (24-months/30,000 miles) - oil and filter changes, tire rotation, and multi-point inspection. Services and parts not specified herein are excluded.
    https://media.mitsubishicars.com/en-...-q3-2023-sales

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

BigMW (10-04-2023),El Kapitan (10-09-2023),inuvik (10-04-2023),Top_Fuel (10-04-2023)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    I'm sure some others have seen that Mitsu is now offering 2 years of regular maintenance* on all models. On a $17000 car, that's nothing to sneeze at.
    I would probably sneeze at it.

The offer is nothing special in my mind. They are basically offering 3 oil changes over a 2 year period. If you don't drive much & live near a dealership, it may be of value to someone.

Almost all dealerships give a free first oil change these days. I know White Bear does, but a 440 mile round trip for an oil change didn't seem worth it.

I was on my 3rd oil change (5,000 mile oil/filter change intervals) by the 9th month of my Mirage ownership, because I had a lot of stuff come up in my life that year. I bought my Mirage in October of 2017, & I remember losing a Dunlop Enasave tire @ 15,000 miles the following June (2018). I would have done a 5,000, 10,000, & 15,000 oil changes in less than a year. I most likely did 4+ oil changes that first year.

This is what they are offering someone -
    2-Year/30,000-Mile Limited Maintenance is included on 2024 Mitsubishi models.
    This covers three services within the first two years of ownership.
    1st service: redeem by 12-Month/12,000 miles
    2nd service: redeem by 24-Months/30,000 miles
    3rd service: redeem by 24-Months/30,000 miles
    Maintenance includes filter and/or oil change, tire rotation, multi-point inspection, and cabin filter.

Saying Mitsubishi is offering to take care of my car's needs for two full years is a bit of a stretch in my opinion.

If you do oil changes yourself, that's about a $75 total value. The nearest Mitsubishi dealership would be 130 mile round trip for me, & they were the worst dealership I have ever stepped foot in. They aren't touching my Mirage.

3 quarts of SuperTech would be about $12 these days.
    Purolator ONE oil filters are on sale near me for $6.30. Picking some up on sale tomorrow.
    Even with inflation, I could do an oil change for under $20.
    Last edited by Mark; 10-04-2023 at 07:38 PM.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

El Kapitan (10-09-2023)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I would probably sneeze at it.

The offer is nothing special in my mind. They are basically offering 3 oil changes over a 2 year period. If you don't drive much & live near a dealership, it may be of value to someone.

Almost all dealerships give a free first oil change these days. I know White Bear does, but a 440 mile round trip for an oil change didn't seem worth it.

I was on my 3rd oil change (5,000 mile oil/filter change intervals) by the 9th month of my Mirage ownership, because I had a lot of stuff come up in my life that year. I bought my Mirage in October of 2017, & I remember losing a Dunlop Enasave tire @ 15,000 miles the following June (2018). I would have done a 5,000, 10,000, & 15,000 oil changes in less than a year. I most likely did 4+ oil changes that first year.

This is what they are offering someone -
    2-Year/30,000-Mile Limited Maintenance is included on 2024 Mitsubishi models.
    This covers three services within the first two years of ownership.
    1st service: redeem by 12-Month/12,000 miles
    2nd service: redeem by 24-Months/30,000 miles
    3rd service: redeem by 24-Months/30,000 miles
    Maintenance includes filter and/or oil change, tire rotation, multi-point inspection, and cabin filter.

Saying Mitsubishi is offering to take care of my car's needs for two full years is a bit of a stretch in my opinion.

If you do oil changes yourself, that's about a $75 total value. The nearest Mitsubishi dealership would be 130 mile round trip for me, & they were the worst dealership I have ever stepped foot in. They aren't touching my Mirage.

3 quarts of SuperTech would be about $12 these days.
    Purolator ONE oil filters are on sale near me for $6.30. Picking some up on sale tomorrow.
    Even with inflation, I could do an oil change for under $20.
    I love you Mark, but you and I are the last people this applies to...

You are correct, us guys out here in the country with tools, we abhor the stealerships and change our own oil and transmission fluid, and rotate our own tires, etc.

But guess what, they already know they aren't catering to us. They are catering to the new parents living in an apartment in a big city. The ones that don't even own a pair of pliers, much less a set of sockets. To those people the 2 years of free maintenance is a HUGE positive that they don't have to worry about anymore. And likely the car will be maintained better for it if everything goes well.

You and I are not the focus... and honestly (sadly) we are ultimately the reason why the manuals got dropped. Because, we maintained them ourselves, stayed out of the dealer so that Mitsu doesn't know we exist or that we even liked the car, and then ultimately didn't purchase another one because we either kept our original one going and still have it, or shopped around and bought a used one for the second (or third)
    Resident Tire Engineer

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.4 mpg (US) ... 18.9 km/L ... 5.3 L/100 km ... 53.3 mpg (Imp)

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Basic For This Useful Post:

Fummins (10-05-2023),Top_Fuel (10-05-2023),Wil B (10-05-2023)

I agree with that. I'm sure there are lots that can and would do their own maintenance but can't. But there's lots that probably could but have no idea how. I see way more people with a flat tire using their cell phone instead of the jack and tire iron.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Basic View Post
    I love you Mark, but you and I are the last people this applies to...

You are correct, us guys out here in the country with tools, we abhor the stealerships and change our own oil and transmission fluid, and rotate our own tires, etc.

But guess what, they already know they aren't catering to us. They are catering to the new parents living in an apartment in a big city. The ones that don't even own a pair of pliers, much less a set of sockets. To those people the 2 years of free maintenance is a HUGE positive that they don't have to worry about anymore. And likely the car will be maintained better for it if everything goes well.

You and I are not the focus... and honestly (sadly) we are ultimately the reason why the manuals got dropped. Because, we maintained them ourselves, stayed out of the dealer so that Mitsu doesn't know we exist or that we even liked the car, and then ultimately didn't purchase another one because we either kept our original one going and still have it, or shopped around and bought a used one for the second (or third)
    I don't disagree with any of that, but I still believe the stipulation of what services will be provided is quite small. Most dealerships offer one free oil change. If you continue to go there for service, it is to their benefit. Mitsubishi is extending that to 3 oil changes.

It's a far cry from Steve's "Cheap Plastic car" receiving nearly 50 free oil changes, but once again that was dealership driven.

It's not a bad gesture by Mitsubishi. It will surely benefit some new Mitsubishi owners.
    Last edited by Mark; 10-05-2023 at 05:31 AM.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I don't disagree with any of that, but I still believe the stipulation of what services will be provided is quite small. Most dealerships offer one free oil change. If you continue to go there for service, it is to their benefit. Mitsubishi is extending that to 3 oil changes.

It's a far cry from Steve's "Cheap Plastic car" receiving nearly 50 free oil changes, but once again that was dealership driven.

It's not a bad gesture by Mitsubishi. It will surely benefit some new Mitsubishi owners.
    I’m very hopeful this gestures would get Mitsu to reconsider extending the model year past 25’. They’re really looking hard at the monthly sale figures. I tried twice in a lil over a year but it nothing compare to 1,000+.

I can’t think of other NEW basic simple non computerize car available today. The Versa is relatively close but nothing like the Mirage.