Thread: where is the best place to get body panels?

Country
    Canada
    Thanks

where is the best place to get body panels?

my front bumper cover got damaged. so im going to replace it my self.

where is the best place to get body panels other then the dealer?

i'm in canada (which usually means dealer)
    but hey any info will be looked at.

Google body parts and nearest town.
    Canada doesn't mean dealer.

Most auto parts places except crappy tire should be able to get in body parts from places like cross canada, keystone ect.....

The 17 and newer bumpers have all the extra chrome pieces that don't come with a new cover. Hopefully your trim is all still good so you can save a buck.

I looked on car-part.com and didn't find any used ones in Canada.

Looked on rockauto and carid, neither had any stock.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    no one in my town can get a bumper cover... so i will have to check the dealer...

and the dealer wants my vin.... to look up a price
    which i think is pretty insane because they want the last 6 digits which is my exact car identification..
    i hate how they track everything about everything

Quote Originally Posted by nutpantz View Post
    no one in my town can get a bumper cover... so i will have to check the dealer...

and the dealer wants my vin.... to look up a price
    which i think is pretty insane because they want the last 6 digits which is my exact car identification..
    i hate how they track everything about everything
    That's retarded that nobody can find an aftermarket one. I was sure we have ordered aftermarket 2017 bumper covers in the past? Maybe I'm on glue again?

Most dealers want a vin when looking up parts. You may be surprised how many people have no idea what year their vehicle is. I used to see stupid pissed off customers that ordered parts incorrectly all the time, they'd just guess what options their car had rather than give someone their vin. Then they'd either get stuck with a part that doesn't fit or get charged a restocking fee. Both were funny.

I don't think there's a conspiracy or invasion of privacy behind a dealer asking for your vin to look up a part. The place I work had has the ability to look up parts by vin. Some online stores do as well. Saves a lot of time for the customer and seller. If you are still scared to give out your vin just find one online somewhere that's the same year and with or without fog lights. There problem solved. The bumpers covers are for sure the same between 2017,2018 and 2019, probably 2020 too.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)