Thread: US: 2014 Mitsubishi Mirage - Review - thecarconnection.com

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts

US: 2014 Mitsubishi Mirage - Review - thecarconnection.com

A pretty good review for the Mirage. He whines a bit about the noise more than most. He also mentioned a dead spot in the steering. This is the first I've heard of this in reviews. Perhaps it was the specific car he drove? Overall a pretty thorough review.

Its nice that the site shows similar cars and their ratings on the sidebar. The Mirage did score higher than the Spark, but lower than the iQ (which is ridiculous IMO, especially considering the iQs price).

I really don't understand their rating system though. I think the rating was low considering how much the car was praised in the article. The Mirage scored a 6.6 out of 10. However, the average of its ratings is 7.5. So, either someone doesn't know how to do math, or performance is by far the largest factor in their rating system. This is ridiculous especially considering what kind of car we're talking abut. The Mirage is not a race car, and nobody ever claimed it to be one. Why rate it low just because it isn't? The Mirage is a fuel efficient low cost to own vehicle and it does that job very well.

Overall:
    The 2014 Mitsubishi Mirage five-door hatchback is larger than a minicar, smaller than a subcompact, but offers practical transport at a low price--and the highest non-hybrid gas mileage of any car sold--at the cost of weak acceleration and sloppy handling.
    Read the full review, see photo gallery: http://www.thecarconnection.com/over...hi_mirage_2014

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

It's great to see the report that the EPA fuel economy ratings are (Voelker says "may be") beatable in the real world with normal driving.

Quote Originally Posted by Daox View Post
    He also mentioned a dead spot in the steering. This is the first I've heard of this in reviews.
    I wonder if he's talking about the steering's self-centering (or lack thereof). That's been mentioned in a few reviews, and by owners here in the forum:

Thread: Do you find the "self-centering" of your Mirage's steering to be odd?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)