Thread: U.S: 2014 Mitsubishi Mirage drive review (Auto Week - autoweek.com)

Country
    United States
    Thanks

U.S: 2014 Mitsubishi Mirage drive review (Auto Week - autoweek.com)

Pretty stright forward. Just like every other i read!

Overall: "In short, the Mirage is a car that doesn't over-promise and doesn't under-deliver. But it doesn't really over-deliver, either -- it's adequate, earnest transportation for the masses. "

Read the full review: http://www.autoweek.com/article/2013...IEWS/130939976

Attached Images Attached Images  

2. The Following User Says Thank You to grsupercity For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (10-01-2013)

Nice find, grsupercity! Thanks.

I love their tag line: "For $13,790, it's perhaps the most honest car in America"

A few other highlights:

On the car's general mission...

Its interior is basic but well-equipped, especially for the price. It knows it isn't about speed, handling or luxury. It doesn't care.
    A funny bit about how management was "managing expectations" of the reviewers at the press launch...

When a company higher-up kicks off a new vehicle launch with the caveat that the car “is not about any performance,” you're never really sure what to expect.
    There's criticism of the usual things: the suspension tuning in particular, the numbness of the steering, the light clutch pedal feel.

But, they say, "actual shortcomings were few."

Nothing bad about the engine or power to weight either:

"We suspected the 74-hp engine to be disappointing, but the free-revving three-cylinder had no trouble happily pulling the one-ton car along."

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Ooo, and the bit about the U.S. product manager is interesting:

Mitsubishi North America manager of product planning Bryan Arnett says he would like to see a slightly edgier Mirage -- perhaps with tighter suspension and a few extra horsepower courtesy of a turbocharger -- but we suspect a raw Mitsubishi Micro-Evolution isn't in the cards.
    Note to Bryan: I'd love the tighter, lower suspension, but throw me a more efficient top gear in the manual instead of those extra ponies, please!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    A FWD ralliart version with a 1.5t would be some fun!