Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Swarthy :: 2014 Mitsubishi Mirage DE (Garage entry)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    cool good deal welcome to the club.

Any chance you got the cool "limited edition" red interior??

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Wow - those tires!

Did you check the "B" MPG gauge? I bet that would be the "lifetime" MPG on the car when you got it.

How's the tread on your Insight wheels & tires? Direct swap, and lighter. Probably not much more aero than the stock Mirage wheel covers though.
    Spork showed me the B gauge. It was at 37.4, and I assume that is the lifetime mpg for the car. Obviously mostly highway miles to put 77k on in 3 years.

My Insights tires aren't in the best of shape either. Will see what I'll do. I have another set that might work too.
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex1a1f View Post
    Holy, I'd be scared to drive on those tires. Glad you finally got a Mirage Daox, looks nice! You should add to the 'to do list' thread. I'd be interested in knowing your plans. Congrats!
    Thanks. I will definitely be posting in that thread soon. I have a lot of ideas, but I am unsure what will come first.
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    That's the little-known, unpublished low rolling resistance feature. The traction bars (not the common misnomer 'wear' bars) are finally fully exposed. Looks like the previous owner worked hard to set this up for you.

I wonder if the cost of a new set of Enasaves scared off the previous owner. By the way, what was shared by the previous owner? Did they know of the forum?
    I am the third owner, and I got it from a used car dealer. After purchasing, I asked and he said he got it at an auction for $2800. So, I didn't have any history.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobrajet View Post
    Congrats! Front tires are certainly worn, but they are worn FLAT. That's good news. Don't worry too much about the 77k, mine has 81k and hasn't had a single problem.
    That is true, and the rears seem to be wearing pretty flat too. There seems to be a little more wear on the outer edges. So, there may be some toe in, but I will see once I get it to a shop to check the alignment. In the mean time, I'll probably use the tape measure to check the relative toe.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MightyMirageMpg View Post
    cool good deal welcome to the club.

Any chance you got the cool "limited edition" red interior??
    Nope, this car is literally black everywhere. It is going to be an oven in summer ha-ha. I may have to get some of those visors so you can keep the windows cracked even in rain.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    So, I took the Mirage to my brother and sister in laws yesterday for a birthday party. Its a nice ~20 minute ride at mostly 45 mph on country roads. Even with it being about 20F out, it wasn't too hard to get the mpg readout over 50 mpg. I think I had just a hair over 50 on the way there, and about 53 mpg on the way home. Not bad, not bad at all I'd say. I'm impressed.

This is the first time you've driven a 5-speed Mirage, right?

I know the 2015 media loaner you had from Mitsubishi was a CVT.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Nope. I have driven Spork's 2015 DE 5 speed manual. However, it really wasn't long at all.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Daox View Post
    I am the third owner, and I got it from a used car dealer. After purchasing, I asked and he said he got it at an auction for $2800. So, I didn't have any history.
    The only Mirage I've seen for <$3000 up here had 133,000kms and according to the ad had " a minor problem with the engine quitting at random."

I think you got a good deal

Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)