Page 24 of 37 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Thread: HVAC heat blows warm/hot on drivers side, cool/cold passenger side (warranty issue)

Country
    Germany
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,158 Times in 670 Posts
    Have been trying to conquer a very different heater problem, and don't want to get into details now. will post a new thread about that when I am finished. Thanks for the pix, daox!
    Will you give us a write-up when you are finished?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,471 Posts
    Interesting to see the dash exposed like that. So is that steel bar the reason that Mirages in North America don't have the cell phone shelf above the glove box?

Name:  crashbar.jpg
Views: 545
Size:  60.5 KB

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Top_Fuel For This Useful Post:

Eggman (09-13-2018)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by foama View Post
    Have been trying to conquer a very different heater problem, and don't want to get into details now. will post a new thread about that when I am finished. Thanks for the pix, daox!
    Will you give us a write-up when you are finished?
    Absolutely. So far, it really hasn't been as bad as I was expecting.

Quote Originally Posted by Top_Fuel View Post
    Interesting to see the dash exposed like that. So is that steel bar the reason that Mirages in North America don't have the cell phone shelf above the glove box?

Name:  crashbar.jpg
Views: 545
Size:  60.5 KB
    Yep, it is a small bolt in piece. The bolts are under the two formed / curved pieces. It would be very easy to remove and put the cubby in.
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,785 Times in 2,104 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Fuel View Post
    So is that steel bar the reason that Mirages in North America don't have the cell phone shelf above the glove box?
    I thought the same thing when I was installing my cameras.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Do you suppose that it sound-dampening material, or firewall insulation?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Mirage SE 1.2 automatic: 33.6 mpg (US) ... 14.3 km/L ... 7.0 L/100 km ... 40.4 mpg (Imp)

I wish I would have taken pictures when I pulled the dash out. I'm pretty sure I pulled the steering column for starters, along with a few other necessary things then the entire dash comes out as one piece with the metal bracing. Most vehicles come apart like that, there are bolts on the outer edges holding it to where the door hinges are, usually another mount near the gas pedal/center console, and typically bolts along the edge near the windshield. There are usually big wiring connectors and a few grounds at each lower corner. Just take it apart like you'd think they put it together at the factory.

Hope I don't sound like you know who, I'm not trying to criticize!
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

Daox (09-13-2018)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by timw4mail View Post
    Do you suppose that it sound-dampening material, or firewall insulation?
    I think its primarily there for sound dampening, but probably also works as insulation.

Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    I wish I would have taken pictures when I pulled the dash out. I'm pretty sure I pulled the steering column for starters, along with a few other necessary things then the entire dash comes out as one piece with the metal bracing. Most vehicles come apart like that, there are bolts on the outer edges holding it to where the door hinges are, usually another mount near the gas pedal/center console, and typically bolts along the edge near the windshield. There are usually big wiring connectors and a few grounds at each lower corner. Just take it apart like you'd think they put it together at the factory.

Hope I don't sound like you know who, I'm not trying to criticize!
    I appreciate the help. This is only the second dash I've taken out. I tried removing the ducting before pulling the main dash piece. Yep, didn't need to do that as it all comes out together.
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    No progress inside the car at the moment. However, I did get the heater core from RockAuto the other day. I didn't really look at it much. I just opened it up before coming to work this morning. Interesting factoid though, the tubes attached to the core actually rotate to make installation easier.

Name:  IMG_20180914_064358855.jpg
Views: 563
Size:  90.6 KB

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,785 Times in 2,104 Posts
    I wonder if that will fit inside the engine air filter box...

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,562 Times in 1,120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    I wonder if that will fit inside the engine air filter box...
    That would be one way to get a hot air intake!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

13. The Following User Says Thank You to inuvik For This Useful Post:

Eggman (09-14-2018)