So, as many of you probably know, my Mirage tires are BALD. Here is a pic showing one of the front tires.

In the mean time, I've put a set of wheels and tires that I had for my Toyota Tercel on it. They are Sport Edition D5 wheels with Fuzion HRi 185/60R14 tires on it. However, the offset must be far enough off, because they rub fairly bad. I really can't turn nearly as far as I'd like and have to be very careful. So, I need to get some new tires on the stock wheels I think.

The first thing I do is look up what 165/65R14 tires are available. Unfortunately, its a pretty short list. I love the RE92s that I have on my Honda Insight, but they are definitely on the pricey side. Other than that, there are the Enasaves. But, those are even more expensive than the RE92s. Unless someone here has a set they don't want kicking around, I'll probably pass.

So, that leads me to alternative sizes. I checked things out and I know a bunch of guys are using 175/65R14 tires. I think I would rather stick a little closer to OEM size. That leaves me with 185/60R14s.

So, I think these are my main options:

Fuzion HRi - Remount my tires I have now on my OEM steel wheels. This is definitely the cheapest option at probably $80-100. These things aren't getting any newer since my Tercel isn't currently running and they are just sitting.

OHTSU FP0612 - Discount Tire has these for $39 a piece. With install, the price comes to $256. Not bad at all.

GT Radial Champiro VP1 - Discount Tire has these for $39 a piece. With install, the price comes to $256. Again, not bad. They have slightly better summer ratings, and worse winter than the FP0612 according to customer reviews.

General Altimax RT43 - I can get these for about $325 installed. Most likely a much better tire than the two above.

Hankook Optimo H724 - Discount Tire has these for $294 installed. This tire has great ratings on their site. Again, probably superior to the two $39 tires.

I'd really like a LRR tire that is good on the fuel economy. But, I'm not finding anything reasonable. Tire Rack has the Firestone Champion Fuel Fighter, but its going to be about $400 or a little more installed.

So, any input on these tires, or other ones I missed would be much appreciated.