Thread: 2018 Mirage GT loaner...

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Country
    Canada
    Thanks

2018 Mirage GT loaner...

I was given a 2018 Mirage GT with 27km on it a loaner today while they work on my 2017.
    Here's a few observations...
    It's pretty much the same car as my '17 even same color.
    Mitsu must have heard some of the complaints about previous Gen as recognizable changes have been made.
    The GPS module stuck on the dash like an afterthought in '17 is gone as is the column mounted mic. The mic is back in the headliner for 2018 and I assume GPS is back under the dash. The USB is no longer in the glove box but sits beside seat heat switches at front of center console under a removable cover. I noticed there is an option in the menu for Bluetooth/phone settings to download contacts to the head unit. I did not have this option for 2017 but there have been updates to the programming so I'll have to check my car when I get it back.

All in all they listened and made changes we wanted. The interior looks like it was planned that way.

Driving impressions are not so good though.
    Until the engine/trans warms up this car rattles wildly when stopped at intersections with foot on brake in D. Mercifully this goes away after things warm up. But... This car is loud. Road noise is intrusive. I believe it's at least partly due to having the stock summer tires/wheels on. This tire compound hardens up in the cold and it's - 14°C today.
    In normal driving conditions this car rattles like a hand me down 1st Gen Kia even after it's warm.

If I had taken a test drive in this car I would never have bought a Mirage...or any Mitsubishi for that matter.
    If the reviewers drove this car, I get it.
    I can't imagine who would drive this car and still consider dropping $20,000 on it.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Last edited by IchabodCrane; 12-21-2017 at 04:18 AM.
    Will weld for beer.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE 1.2 automatic: 45.3 mpg (US) ... 19.3 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 54.5 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to IchabodCrane For This Useful Post:

Cobrajet (12-22-2017),daleWV (12-21-2017),Daox (12-21-2017)