Thread: Custom Fit Seat Covers

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Custom Fit Seat Covers

I ordered these from ebay. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Custom-Fit-...r/272922465537

They are custom made and took a few weeks to get in. I installed them today.

I have to say, the purple isn't exactly like I was hoping. So, not 100% happy with that. But it works.

The seat covers need to be cut around the head rest to fit. It's easy enough to do and looks great when done.

The back seat cushion install required the seat to come out. Two 14mm screws and the seat was out in about 5 minutes. Putting the rear seat back together was finicky. Quite a bit of wiggling and finessing it to get everything to line up again.

Here are photos of before and after.

Bonus... there are now map pockets on the back of my seats.

There aren't cut outs for the rear LATCH system, but the covers lift enough for the child seat to hook in without a problem.

Attached Images Attached Images           

2. The Following User Says Thank You to sunshinelock For This Useful Post:

Daox (12-24-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Look good! Not a purple fan myself.
    (blank signature)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I bought the car for my wife and she likes purple. So I'm trying to pretty it up for her. I just don't like THAT shade of purple. She said she can live with it.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    They look well fitted with a clean finished look. Very nice.
    Are they side airbag compatible?
    (Do they have slots with overlap or velcro on the front seatback outsides for the airbags to bust through?)
    Will weld for beer.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE 1.2 automatic: 45.3 mpg (US) ... 19.3 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 54.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,471 Posts
    Those may be the best fitting ones I've seen so far. I usually put neoprene seat covers in my cars, but the better known vendors (like Wet Okole) do not even have a pattern for Mirage seats. I've tried to order from them twice in the last 18 months.

While the price may seem high to some people, a pair of front seat covers from Wet Okole is $260.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    They do have velcro where the airbags would be.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sunshinelock For This Useful Post:

IchabodCrane (12-24-2017),Top_Fuel (12-24-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by FelixHA View Post
    looks good
    Attachment 19288
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,785 Times in 2,104 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    Good call. The pinhead modified their post with a spam link. This has become a common tactic to avoid getting caught by those who only read initial posts.

Folks, be on the lookout for spammy spammers and their spammy ways. And Hats Off to Fummins for the heads-up detective work.
    Last edited by Eggman; 09-30-2020 at 10:39 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Looks great, and I was considering some seat covers myself. Thanks for posting the link!

In my experience, though, the material of these seat covers always feels very cheap and uncomfortable, and that has made me steer away from using them. That being said, I am bald, and one thing you quickly learn after going bald is how greasy your scalp is. It's pretty gross, actually. In cars with leather seats, you end up leaving greasy smudges on the headrests.

Because of the above, I was very worried about the cleanliness of the headrest in my Mirage. If any other baldies out there are in a similar situation to me, be aware that cloth sleeping caps and knitted hats are actually the perfect size for putting over the headrest, and can be found in pretty much any material/color you want. I use these, as the cotton is very comfortable on my head. It's easy to take off and wash at the end of the week, as well.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PityOnU View Post
    Looks great, and I was considering some seat covers myself. Thanks for posting the link!

In my experience, though, the material of these seat covers always feels very cheap and uncomfortable, and that has made me steer away from using them. That being said, I am bald, and one thing you quickly learn after going bald is how greasy your scalp is. It's pretty gross, actually. In cars with leather seats, you end up leaving greasy smudges on the headrests.

Because of the above, I was very worried about the cleanliness of the headrest in my Mirage. If any other baldies out there are in a similar situation to me, be aware that cloth sleeping caps and knitted hats are actually the perfect size for putting over the headrest, and can be found in pretty much any material/color you want. I use these, as the cotton is very comfortable on my head. It's easy to take off and wash at the end of the week, as well.
    Dash Design custom seat covers are bit pricey, but they come with matching covers for the head rests. Rockauto.com is usually the best place to shop for them. They sell them cheaper than factory direct.

The ones shared in this thread look really nice. I get an error message when opening the shared link. Thus, I haven't seen the cost of them.