Thread: Welcome to the Daox sub-forum

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts

Welcome to the Daox sub-forum

Welcome to the Daox sub-forum. After talking with Darin, we decided it would be a good idea to give some more visibility to the products that I will be developing for the Mirage. My MAF housing threads seem to get buried and nobody really knows about them. This should help with that as well as give an area where we can talk about future development of things that we all want for our Mirages. My goal with all of these things is to allow us to make our Mirages more 'our' cars through customization. We all know the Mirage is a pretty basic car. We love basic cars, but sometimes we miss a little gadget or a better X or Y that other cars do have. There is no reason that we need to go without these things. We just need to develop an aftermarket for that part. I rather enjoy developing parts and fun stuff for cars, and also enjoy making them available for others. I encourage others to do the same as well!

Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Daox For This Useful Post:

inuvik (12-28-2017),Top_Fuel (12-28-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Here are a few things I've been working on lately. Its winter, so electronics projects can be worked on indoors where its warm.

1) Simple plug and play super easy to install glove box light. I just started a thread on this today. I find the development threads interesting, and I think others do too. Its also great to get feedback from others to make the product even better.

2) Cruise control kit. A few owners have added cruise control to their 2014-2015 DE trim Mirages, not sure if anyone has tried it on a 2017 ES yet. They had to order and install some pedal switches, replace their steering wheel, plus possibly solder in some resistors, then figure out how to reprogram the ECU to enable cruise. Its totally doable, but what if I made it a lot easier, and a lot cheaper? That is the plan with this project.

3) Electronic power steering controller. A lot of people and reviewers say the Mirage gives too much power steering assist. I happen to agree with them. The over powered assist really makes you unable to feel the road, and makes steering feel vague and detached. The power steering controller will allow you to adjust how much assist you get from the power steering giving you better road feel and a more enjoyable ride.

If you have any suggestions or recommendations for future mods / products, or want to discuss any of these mods or future mods feel free to have at it.
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    This is a great idea, probably because I happen to want all 3 items you are developing. Add to the list a much better cabin light, perhaps even left/right lights would be good.
    Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Wallythacker For This Useful Post:

Daox (12-30-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,785 Times in 2,104 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallythacker View Post
    This is a great idea, probably because I happen to want all 3 items you are developing. Add to the list a much better cabin light, perhaps even left/right lights would be good.
    Why not just switch your bulb with an LED?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

Daox (12-31-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I agree a brighter LED cabin light would probably be a lot easier and cheaper than making a whole new light.