Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Daox products & price list

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Hi Daox,
    I read through the thread and I gather that you no longer sell the sway bar? Or is there an upgraded design, since you still list it with a price?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2023 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 43.9 mpg (US) ... 18.7 km/L ... 5.4 L/100 km ... 52.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    I no longer sell them.
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Daox For This Useful Post:

BigMW (12-02-2022)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Daox View Post
    I'm not exactly sure what you're talking about, do you have any pictures that might help?
    Sorry to hear about the sway bar. Do you still do the cruise control? I really need to do something.
    Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    I do, but hardly anyone buys them. Been pretty busy too, thus the lack of activity here, so finding time to make them is a pain haha. The steering wheel controls are a lot nicer anyways if you have a 2017+.
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Daox View Post
    I do, but hardly anyone buys them. Been pretty busy too, thus the lack of activity here, so finding time to make them is a pain haha. The steering wheel controls are a lot nicer anyways if you have a 2017+.
    If I can, supporting guys like yourself pays off in the community 10 fold. I'm working on getting a wheel but if it falls apart I'm not going another summer lacking cruise. If sales ever stall forever you can always put your design out there at one of the 3d model sites, but avoid thingaverse. I've been reading things about them I don't like.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallythacker View Post
    If I can, supporting guys like yourself pays off in the community 10 fold. I'm working on getting a wheel but if it falls apart I'm not going another summer lacking cruise. If sales ever stall forever you can always put your design out there at one of the 3d model sites, but avoid thingaverse. I've been reading things about them I don't like.
    Unlike Canada, cruise control became standard for all trim levels in 2019. Thus, 2014-15 & 2017-18 base model Mirages would be the only candidates for adding cruise control in the States. I must admit that cruise control is the only item I miss on my 2017 Mirage ES manual. I drove 1990 Ford Festiva for 14 years without cruise control, but I was younger back then.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I'm finding with age when I take longer trips my feet and legs need to move to avoid cramping up. I can pull off at a rest stop but I'd rather keep moving. I never learned to use my left foot on the gas. Yesterday was a prime example. I had to pull off and walk about for a few minutes before all felt normal again.

It would have been nice to just hit the switch and keep going.

It is a nuisance the difference between US and Canada models. I barely remember when southern US cars lacked heaters. Detroit realized it was cheaper to standardize on certain things and smartened up. I am puzzled why Mits would decide to delete features for a smaller market. I can almost guarantee from an engineering and cost standpoint that leaving features out of a market where you sell 5,000 cars annually out of worldwide 500,000 production is costing Mits coin, not saving.

They did the same thing with the new ford Maverick. You can't get cruise in the base model. You have to spend a fair bit and upgrade to a higher trim level. Because of money.
    Offer a low intro price to lure buyers in the door then make them pay just a little bit more to get it decently equipped with options that should be standard these days.
    Ac(auto temp control) is now standard up here in the Mirage. They still offer the 5 speed afaik but you can't get it with cruise...
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    They did the same thing with the new ford Maverick. You can't get cruise in the base model. You have to spend a fair bit and upgrade to a higher trim level. Because of money.
    Offer a low intro price to lure buyers in the door then make them pay just a little bit more to get it decently equipped with options that should be standard these days.
    Ac(auto temp control) is now standard up here in the Mirage. They still offer the 5 speed afaik but you can't get it with cruise...
    They do it because they know 70% of the difference in price among the trim levels becomes pure profit to them.

If I could get 2022 5 MT Mirage at the price I paid for my 2014, plus a reasonable figure for inflation, I'd be driving it right now. ** And it would have all these goodies, partly from mandates but mainly at the expense of the lower trim levels simply being too stripped, not available to buy, or simply not existing.

** That equals $13,900 Can OTD in 2022.

Last edited by Wallythacker; 12-14-2022 at 05:21 PM.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Wallythacker For This Useful Post:

Fummins (12-14-2022)