Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Daox products & price list

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    Nope, not really. I think the rear bar balances the car pretty well. If you're wanting better handling yet, I would look into new springs or coilovers and new tires. I think if you tighten things up too much farther it'll start being uncomfortable for a street car.

I'm not sure you were around for it, but a while back I did test weather a front strut bar would be useful on these cars. Spoiler alert, it isn't.

Testing: strut tower movement

Its possible a rear strut bar may be useful, but it would be difficult to make one that is trunk use friendly.

Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Daox For This Useful Post:

Top_Fuel (12-23-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Daox View Post
    Nope, not really. I think the rear bar balances the car pretty well. If you're wanting better handling yet, I would look into new springs or coilovers and new tires. I think if you tighten things up too much farther it'll start being uncomfortable for a street car.

I'm not sure you were around for it, but a while back I did test weather a front strut bar would be useful on these cars. Spoiler alert, it isn't.

Its possible a rear strut bar may be useful, but it would be difficult to make one that is trunk use friendly.

Ok, thanks! Appreciate all the parts/upgrades you've done already!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts

I agree with Daox. A simple rear sway bar does quite a bit for the Mirage.

Beyond that, I feel the electric steering is the main issue. It's to sensitive at higher speeds. You don't need power steering once the car is rolling. When it comes to highway handling, I preferred the handling of small cars of the past that didn't have any power steering.

The Mirage is light and skinny tires don't require much steering effort. Members going from 165 to 175 or 175 to 185 tires probably sense better handling because a wider tire takes a little more effort to steer, & that may counter some of the power steering overkill?

The Mirage is the easiest steering car I have ever owned. Plus, it also has a very tight turning radius. The steering wheel is quite sensitive. It's very responsive when doing turns/maneuvers, but that doesn't translate into good tracking on the highway in my opinion.

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Recieved it today. It would seem for me that I need a lift to get this on the car. There is no way I can fit the bolt heads in past the spring seats. Let alone get anything around them to tighten them down. It looks and feels very nice. Just have to see if lifting the car and removing the springs will make it work. My car is a 17 btw. Would this make any difference?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by XR754 View Post
    Recieved it today. It would seem for me that I need a lift to get this on the car. There is no way I can fit the bolt heads in past the spring seats. Let alone get anything around them to tighten them down. It looks and feels very nice. Just have to see if lifting the car and removing the springs will make it work. My car is a 17 btw. Would this make any difference?
    I lifted my car stretching the springs enough to drop the bolts in. I just used a simple car jack to do that on both sides. I didn't have to remove the spring to get the bolts in, but I do remember having to do this first.

After I lifted the car enough to slip the bolts in I set it back down on 4"x 4" blocks of wood on both sides. I am not a skinny guy, & it just gave me a little more room to work on it.

1. Lifted one rear side (like you would change a tire) & dropped the two bolts in.
    2. Lowered that side on to a 4x4 block of wood.
    3. Lifted the other side to drop two bolts in.
    4. Lowered that side on a 4x4 block of wood.

I have 4 jack stands, but I didn't want the rear wheels hanging down while mounting. I also wanted the axle to be level when mounting the bar. This worked for me, & I have the first edition of this sway bar. It's been improved twice since that time.

If you don't have the right wrenches to tighten it down, I would ask a local mechanic to mount it. It shouldn't take them more than a half hour.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    I lifted my car stretching the springs enough to drop the bolts in. I just used a simple car jack to do that on both sides. I didn't have to remove the spring to get the bolts in, but I do remember having to do this first.

After I lifted the car enough to slip the bolts in I set it back down on 4"x 4" blocks of wood on both sides. I am not a skinny guy, & it just gave me a little more room to work on it.

1. Lifted one rear side (like you would change a tire) & dropped the two bolts in.
    2. Lowered that side on to a 4x4 block of wood.
    3. Lifted the other side to drop two bolts in.
    4. Lowered that side on a 4x4 block of wood.

I have 4 jack stands, but I didn't want the rear wheels hanging down while mounting. I also wanted the axle to be level when mounting the bar. This worked for me, & I have the first edition of this sway bar. It's been improved twice since that time.

If you don't have the right wrenches to tighten it down, I would ask a local mechanic to mount it. It shouldn't take them more than a half hour.
    I do have the correct tools, but I'm thinking I will end up getting it mounted. Thanks for the tips though

Country
    Mexico
    Thanks

Still producing and selling?

Product - Price

================================================== =======

Cruise Control Kit

Attachment 11568

Do you want to add OEM cruise control to your Mirage? This is the kit you want. Very easy and quick to install.

ALSO REQUIRES:
    Pedal switches - brake switch, and clutch switch (manual transmission only)
    ECU reprogramming - via mini-vci cable, see DIY for more information

For more information, see the thread on Developing a cruise control kit.

Cruise Control Kit - $39.99 shipped

More pictures:

Optional rectangular version.
    Attachment 11569

Glove Box Light Kit

Want some help searching through your glove box at night? Check out this glove box light kit. It hooks up to the USB plug, so installation is super quick and easy. No wiring, soldering, or splicing. Everything is plug and play. Install time is around 5 minutes.

For more information, see the thread on Developing a glove box light.

Glove Box Light Kit - $29.99 shipped

More pictures:

MAF sensor housing

A lot of you have been tracking the development of this product in my thread: Developing a mass airflow sensor (MAF sensor) housing for custom air intakes. These are now for sale. These can be used to make your own custom intake for your Mirage.

What you get is what you see above, it is a MAF sensor housing. It will clamp to the OEM rubber U-shaped tube as shown in the pictures below. Then, you can add whatever you want for your own intake. Both of the ends of the housing are 2" in (outer) diameter.

Attachment 10645 Attachment 10646

Here are some images of the intake kit I put together for testing the MAF housing:

Attachment 10647 Attachment 10648

Rear Sway Bar

Tired of having a rolly polly Mirage? Then this is what you want. The rear sway bar keep your car more leveled when corning, and gives a much more confidence taking turns aggressively.

For more information, see the thread on Developing a rear sway bar alternative.

Rear Sway Bar - $174.99 shipped

Upper Grill Block

Would you like your Mirage to warm up a little faster, or get a little better fuel economy on the freeway? Or, maybe you just like the way it looks? Check out this upper grill block. It snaps into place incredibly quick and easily. Installs in less than 30 seconds. Multiple colors to choose from. PM me for more info about color choice.

For more information, see the thread on Developing an upper grill (mail slot) block 2014-2015 3d printed.

Upper Grill Block - $19.99 shipped

Hi!
    Are you still producing and selling in 2020?
    Can you send them to Mexico?
    Thanks,

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Yes I am and yes I can.
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Are there rear sway bars available? I want one!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Yes, they certainly are. Right now I have one left in stock. It is first come first serve and I have had a few messages about them lately. I will have more in stock at the end of the month.