Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Another crap review (Video: Doug Demuro reviews a 2015 Mirage CVT)

Business Up Front Johnny Mullet's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks

Another crap review (Video: Doug Demuro reviews a 2015 Mirage CVT)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5aCsNs3eYTE

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Johnny Mullet For This Useful Post:

El Kapitan (03-05-2018),MetroMPG (12-28-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Just watched it and threw my comments in haha. I like Doug and his videos.

---

Admin edit: go to the YT page to see/add comments: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5aCsNs3eYTE
    Last edited by MetroMPG; 12-29-2017 at 02:03 PM. Reason: (added link)
    2014 ES F5MBD aka 5MT. I am a full time Uber driver, if you want to drive for uber DO not sign up without my referral code for a bonus .

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.8 mpg (US) ... 19.1 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 53.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    Lol, Doug Demuro. I've watched tons of his videos. Hes pretty funny, and basically makes a living making fun of cars. It doesn't matter if its a $10k Mirage, or $100k+ supercar, he makes fun of them all.

That being said he does makes numerous errors in the video about Mirage features and specs, not knowing the random changes from year to year, etc.

In the first half, his negatives comments are basically why I like the car. Missing useless plastic cover bits? Great! Less weight.

On the driving characteristics, I agree on the handling. It could use some help.
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    You can see your foot through the engine compartment - not so in the Hellcat.

Ok.
    Skills: Cage fighting, computer chatting, making sweet moula

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage 1.2 manual: 38.0 mpg (US) ... 16.1 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I just can't stand watching his reviews for some reason. A good amount of car friends can't either. Not sure why. Just cant watch any of his reviews. lol. I do remember watching his much

From a friend: "He seems like someone who doesn't understand driving or cars in general and just watched a YouTube review of the car he is about to review."

Other than that, I don't think it's the 'worse new car you can buy'.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 43.4 mpg (US) ... 18.5 km/L ... 5.4 L/100 km ... 52.2 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Too bad he did not review the standard features well enough to know it has a USB chord in the glovebox. At least he could have made fun of it, instead of making fun of not being equipped with one.

Huh.. actually, the one thing I learned; "it does not have a steering wheel lock". I thought this was required?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,785 Times in 2,104 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by djkenny View Post
    Huh.. actually, the one thing I learned; "it does not have a steering wheel lock". I thought this was required?
    I wondered the same thing myself before purchase. I thought it might have something to do with pushbutton start, but am not sure.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Ha! I've been waiting for Demuro or Regular Car Reviews to get a Mirage.

Watching it now...

---

Oh, and don't forget there's a written version of this review by Demuro as well:

The Mitsubishi Mirage Is Better Than Nothing

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Main thought from his driving impressions: you really have to keep in mind the cars he's used to driving week after week. Just look at his video list.

Of COURSE a Mirage is going to come off badly by comparison.

He's plain wrong about the bumps. Maybe not the sound of the tires/suspension, but the feel: The 2014/15 Mirages soak up big bumps like freakin' champs. They ride like subcompact 1970's Cadillacs.

I have to give him credit for his conclusion though: He nails it that some people need or just want a cheap, reliable, efficient car with a huge warranty.

But he has no reason to question the Mirage's reliability as his very last point. (Actually he questions all Mitsubishis.) That's plain conjecture, and it's completely unprofessional. (Not that he tries to sell himself as Consumer Reports .)

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Interesting that almost every comment is in support of our little car. Doug is missing the point, this car is a modern day Beetle in that it is a very convincing value for the average person.