Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Another crap review (Video: Doug Demuro reviews a 2015 Mirage CVT)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Doug's review was a push towards the Mirage for me as well. Everything he named (except lack of cruise as well) only reinforced that a Mirage was the car for me. I've had mine for 3 months now and it is treating me well. Love the 90s look of it.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Cam123 For This Useful Post:

88coltturbo (12-08-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pellaken View Post

10 - no cruise control
    okay. Doug finally hit on something that does not make me want the car more. I'd like cruise control in my car.
    Cruise control is an aftermarket item that can be added to any car. It became standard on all Mirages in 2019 in the States. Lack of cruise control should not prevent someone from buying a car, unless you can't afford the aftermarket one. If you know what you are doing, you can just add a few simple parts & enable cruise, too.

Doug is an idiot. The Mirage review confirms it. If you want a car that's affordable, reliable, & economical, a highly discounted Mirage is king. I wouldn't pay MSRP for a Mirage & feel that way, however.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cam123 View Post
    Doug's review was a push towards the Mirage for me as well. Everything he named (except lack of cruise as well) only reinforced that a Mirage was the car for me. I've had mine for 3 months now and it is treating me well. Love the 90s look of it.
    Ditto. And, I love the fact that there aren't that many around here, and when people look at it wondering what it is when I'm at a red light.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2022 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 40.1 mpg (US) ... 17.0 km/L ... 5.9 L/100 km ... 48.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,390 Times in 1,008 Posts
    Dog Decrapo's video sold me the car as well. I saw (as well as many others here on the forum) another review of the Mirage which concluded (as accurately as I can remember), "the Mirage is so underpowered, it is not appropriate for American roads." OMG! What kind of complete and utter moron would publish such a D/A statement. I lost 100% of any small amount of credibility I was feeling toward that review at that exact instant.

It's as if we Americans must all be riding around in drag racing cars in order for them to be appropriate. It makes me somewhat ashamed to know that any American feels that entitled. There are European countries where the cost of fuel is so high, that by demand they drive around in low power cars in order to use as little of that expensive fuel as is possible. Yet we entitled Americans must have 6.2L supercharged engines equipped in our land barges gulping down fuel like as fast as a fuel pump can pump it, so we can do 0-60 in less than 6 seconds, or a vehicle is not worthy of our roads.

I'm one of the ultra spoiled Americans that have a fo' real luxury car (even though most don't realize it as such). A Lexus LS 460L. It's like riding on a cloud. A cloud that can MOVE. And every time I drive in that car I feel like I'm not worthy, and it is such a waste, it is way more luxury than I need. I just happen to steal the car at a price so low, and it only had 13,800 miles on it. So I couldn't pass it by. Sure there are more "luxurious" and more "prestigious" luxury cars out there. But none that crank up every time I hit the button, and are so inexpensive to repair if it actually were to break down. That reliability and low cost to own is A COMPLETE LUXURY to me ... one that the Euro-Trash luxury cars don't even come close to matching.

Of course I digress. I am proud as can be to be driving around in a Mirage. I think it is fantabulous. If my sons need a replacement to a car I have bought them, I think I'll put them in a well used 5-speed Mirage. They like mine, to a degree. But once they have to pay for their own car, they'll appreciate the Mirage for what it is.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,562 Times in 1,120 Posts
    My 26 yr old son is now the primary driver of my Mirage and he absolutely loves it. He has a great 6 figure income but chooses the Mirage because he told me this: "The Mirage is a perfect car because it gets you from point A to point B just like any other car and it will go fast enough to get a speeding ticket. It's affordable, great gas mileage and reliable. What more do you need?" Well stated my boy, well stated.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to inuvik For This Useful Post:

El Kapitan (12-21-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by inuvik View Post
    My 26 yr old son is now the primary driver of my Mirage and he absolutely loves it. He has a great 6 figure income but chooses the Mirage because he told me this: "The Mirage is a perfect car because it gets you from point A to point B just like any other car and it will go fast enough to get a speeding ticket. It's affordable, great gas mileage and reliable. What more do you need?" Well stated my boy, well stated.
    It's sort of like, which is heavier? A ton of lead or a ton of feathers?

If a Corvette & a Mirage are both going down the interstate @ 70 mph, which is faster?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    I'd love to see such stats where the separate out the cars by where the fatality was.

For example, if a 2022 model Ford F-150 crashes into a 1979 AMC Pacer and one person dies, there's a much higher chance the person who died will be in the Pacer. VS an accident where a Pacer hits a pedestrian, where the fatality is probably the pedestrian.

I'd like to see stats of cars involved in fatal accidents where the person in said car did not die, vs cars involved in fatal accidents where the person in said car did die.

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure the mirage is a car more people die in vs a car more people die from; but it'd be nice to be able to see exactly which cars are responsible for all the deaths in "death traps"

(a note that a single-vehicle accident involving only that vehicle would be recorded as both)