Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: U.S: Autoblog doesn't like the Mirage (road test / review)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    It was good to read on autoblog that some people were sticking up for this car!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I go to Autoblog and Autobloggreen pert-near everyday and leave comments quite often. Not only are the writers rude and ridiculous about my beloved Mitsubishi but so are the readers. I hate the comments I read from them about Mitsubishi. Now, for some unexplained reason I can't leave a comment. Know what? I think those guys have locked me out of their little boys club for commenting!

I sent them a message telling them that I can't leave comments but no response has come back. When I go to log in to make a comment their system sends me back to the top of the first page of their blog. No kidding. Oh well. I go to so many blogs daily that I can live with it...it's just that a lot of times I want to make a good comment about my 2008 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS and stick up big-time for Mitsubishi and I can't get logged in.

Autoblog's Mirage review currently has the most comments of their past 25 stories. Last night it was at just under 100 comments. Today it's up to 187.

That'll cause Autoblog to write more about it.

---

Mitsuman: make a new account.

---

Foxtrot - I saw your comment at AB. Marrero's as well.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I'll look in to that, MetroMPG. The thing is is I use existing accounts at FB, Google, Yahoo! to log in and each time it sends me back to the top of the front page. I'll work on it-certainly sounds fixable.

What's weird is that way worked before but not now.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Haha Iv had a couple youtube car reviewers ban my comments for expressing my feelings on cars lol

BTW, Lancer gts's are sexy

Country
    Malaysia
    Thanks
    i dont know why . for me..lancer design super sexy with Shark nose. in malaysia too much honda and toyota fanboy.. haha

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    I agree with foxtrot that Mazda2 is on the bottom of its class. And there are many reasons. Whenever a consumer decides to go small, they are not looking for a small car with good driving features, they are looking for inexpensive and high economy cars. The Mazda2 is not that kind of a car. It's relatively expensive and has the worst fuel economy than most of the modern C-segment cars. So why bother with that car?

The same with Ford Fiesta. No doubt this car is better than Mirage. And it sells relatively well because of it's a Ford badge. But many people are choosing the Focus, the Corolla and the Civic because those cars give us much more for a little extra.

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by m4v3r1ck View Post
    There are indeed some things i don't understand. Why didn't Mitsubishi makes a general Mirage for the whole world?
    The automaker has to keep prioritized things on every market. Thus, they decided that Canada won't buy cars without heated seats, the US without auto climate control as standard and etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsuman View Post
    I go to Autoblog and Autobloggreen pert-near everyday
    Me too.

What's odd is the Mirage review didn't show up on Autoblog Green. Doesn't it make more sense to review the car with the highest non-hybrid MPG on that site than on regular old AB?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxtrot685 View Post
    Heres the Comment I left on the Autoblog review of the Mirage.

"Autoblog, you know whats really funny? The fact that you call up the Mazda2 as some great benchmark that all small cars should follow, but the Mazda2 is at the bottom of its class as far as sales go. Shouldn't you benchmark NOT be a joke in the segment in which it is sold?

Also funny? The Mirage OUTSOLD THE MAZDA2 IN THE MONTH OF NOVEMBER (724 Mazda2; 1053 Mirage) AND DECEMBER (1228 Mazda2; 1388 Mirage). Remember still, the Mirage is only supposed to sell around 570 units per month or 7,000 per year. Its doing very well.

Not sure about the heated seat issue, as Mirages sold in Canada do have heated front seats. Not sure why that didn't make it to the US?"
    Well you see, the browsers of car enthusiast sites (Autoblog, Jalopnik, et al.) are folk who grew up in the 90's admiring cars such as the Honda NSX and Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution. Now that the manufacturers aren't focusing on those types of cars anymore, they start to pile on the hate for the manufacturer. Notice how these same people trashed the 2012 Civic, which went on to completely own the sales figures anyway?

As for why the Mazda 2 tends to lag in sales, these same folks who love the Mazda 2 also probably can't afford the Mazda 2. The people who do have money to spend, spent it on the Mirage. :P

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2012 Mirage GLS 1.2 manual: 33.3 mpg (US) ... 14.1 km/L ... 7.1 L/100 km ... 40.0 mpg (Imp)