Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: U.S: Autoblog doesn't like the Mirage (road test / review)

Good point, Alpha.

Not sure about the heated seat issue, as Mirages sold in Canada do have heated front seats. Not sure why that didn't make it to the US?"
    Yeah, that one is strange. I'm sure residents of the (roughly) northern half of the U.S. would like that option. Ironically, the number of buyers there outnumber Canadian Mirage buyers, too.

--

Back to the review... I think there may be a pattern: reviewers who got the 5-speed tended to be far more positive about the car. It's maybe a mistake on Mitsu's part to loan the CVT test car to a big, (self-)important publication.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Mitsuman: make a new account.

Update: Problem solved! I went to autoblog.com again and tried opening a new account, user name, password, etc. Bop! Same thing when I tried ta log in-it sent me quickly back to page 1 of their website. Highly annoying.

So, I had ta put the brain-cap on. I took my Samsung Galaxy Rush smartphone and decided ta skin the cat that way. I logged in on my smartphone, used my brand new AOL.com u/n and p/w, and logged in successfully! What's weird is they showed the same photo I used for Facebook and some other online accounts for my picture when commenting! I made my comment successfully. So from now on I can't use my desktop to comment on autoblog.com and autobloggreen.com, I need ta use my Samsumg Galaxy. Oh well, I get too feisty hearing all these dumb put-downs about my beloved Mitsubishi on those affiliated websites to not put my 2 cents worth in! Yeah!

Not exactly what I planned on to fix it but they're not lettin' me in on my desktop login anymore. Makes me conspiracy-theory suspicious is what it does.
    Last edited by Mitsuman; 01-10-2014 at 03:43 PM.

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Glad you got it sorted, Mitsuman. Nothing worse than not being able to fight back.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Exactly, MetroMPG. I saw more in Kia Motors back in 1999 after I bought my '99 Sephia than probably anyone at The Boeing Co. in Everett, WA, where I worked at the time. They truly thought "what does he see in Kia Motors, anyway?" I loved my Sephia! Kia quality improved and I shared all I could with people in person and on the net, and I stuck up for them. I trust what a buyer of a rig feels about their purchase way more than what a paid reviewer thinks about a new car or a certain brand of car.

People are just so affected by politics all the time. Eventually Kia garnered more respect and more attention and more sales. OK, fine. But to put down Mitsubishi is just loony as Dennis Rodman. Mitsubishi makes great powertrains and they make quality rigs throughout their lineup. People all over just don't know about Mitsubishi because they haven't tried a Mitsubishi product yet. They may never buy a Mitsubishi product.

But I have. And I know Mitsubishi bodystyles just flat out rock. The Warranty is unbeatable. And if you look at their prices they're pretty fair to the consumer. They have won me over and the more I study them the more I realize that Mitsubishi designers love cars as much (or more) than I do. Huh?