Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Weird Power Door Lock Problems

I see, our lhd cars don't have any holes in the rh door. Just the lock cylinder in the LH door like yours. If I get time I'll try to post pics, there's not much to them. But the front door latch will be a little different, I'm not sure if they'd pop apart the same way.

Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

This is from a rh rear door. Attachment 15886
    Attachment 15887
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (11-14-2019)

Mirage videos:

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (11-14-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewsantos View Post
    Have a photo of the actuator here - https://imgur.com/a/SyMuyej

It doesn't look like it is possible to easily access the motor. One has to cut into the case
    Hey andrewsantos, mind if I post a copy of your photo? Image hosting sites often fail.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Australia
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Hey andrewsantos, mind if I post a copy of your photo? Image hosting sites often fail.
    no problem

Country
    Australia
    Thanks
    @Fummins: How did you manage to open the actuator case? Did you have to cut into it?

Country
    Australia
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    I managed to make a bit of progress by removing the lollipop/guitar shaped cover. It is attached with triangle hooks on the one end of it. I managed to work it off the hooks using a narrow screw driver. Here is a photo of the actuator with the hook locations marked:

[Name:  00 IMG_20191114_220258_annote.jpg
Views: 833
Size:  95.5 KB

Here is the same actuator with the lollipop cover removed:

Name:  01 IMG_20191114_220311.jpg
Views: 906
Size:  96.0 KB

And then here's an edge-on view of the actuator that shows where the triangle hooks are:

Name:  02 IMG_20191114_220442_01_annot.jpg
Views: 904
Size:  86.8 KB

But now, I am stuck trying to figure out how to open the rest of the actuator casing. It looks like there is a seam that can be opened but it seems to be attached very tight. And not sure if i can work a flat tool in between to fit.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to andrewsantos For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (11-14-2019)

There were 3-4 tiny screws. I just started prying around the edges til I found a spot that wasn't glued very well. I was rammy and did break a little piece of the housing. Using a heat gun or something to loosen the glue around the perimeter would probably help. Front door latch may be different though..
    Mirage videos:

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

poorman1 (11-14-2019)

Country
    Australia
    Thanks
    @Fummins - yes. I removed 4 screws already. And I saw that you removed the metal piece with the latch on the side of the actuator case. Did you have to remove that before opening the case?

You mean the plate that attaches the assembly to the door? The latch is still there. Didn't remove it. I'll probably have a lh front door latch in a few weeks I could tear apart.

I bunch of parts fell out after moving it around a few times. I have no idea how it goes back together now lol But if I didn't mess everything up and wanted to re use it, the case would have to be glued back together where I seperated it at the seam.

Mirage videos: