View Poll Results: What mod or product would you like to see next?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Electric power steering controller

3 13.04%
  • Side view mirror blanking plates

2 8.70%
  • Rear sway bar alternative

4 17.39%
  • Air intake kit

7 30.43%
  • Other - Please your idea post below

7 30.43%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What mod or product would you like to see next?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts

What mod or product would you like to see next?

I've got a couple products done now:

So, I'm thinking about what may be the next project to start working on. I have a few ideas that I put in the poll. However, I thought I would let you guys help choose what is to come next! So, let me know. If you have questions about any of the mods in the poll, let me know too.
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,541 Times in 1,474 Posts
    I'm glad you asked...I've been think about this idea for a while.

I think these cars may need a LOW COOLANT warning light. If you lose a quart of coolant...that's 25% of the car's capacity in a 5-speed car! You may notice this in the winter time when your heat is suddenly cool. But you may have no idea in warmer seasons. Depending on where the coolant sensor is placed, you may not get the overheat warning light on the dash immediately if there is an air pocket around the sensor.

This forum member had a heater core leak, and by the time his warning light went off, he had NO COOLANT in his system.

This is going to cost someone a head gasket or engine. Of course it will be after the warranty has expired.

Did Geo Metros have a low coolant light?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Top_Fuel For This Useful Post:

Daox (01-17-2018)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Fuel View Post
    I'm glad you asked...I've been think about this idea for a while.

I think these cars may need a LOW COOLANT warning light. If you lose a quart of coolant...that's 25% of the car's capacity in a 5-speed car! You may notice this in the winter time when your heat is suddenly cool. But you may have no idea in warmer seasons. Depending on where the coolant sensor is placed, you may not get the overheat warning light on the dash immediately if there is an air pocket around the sensor.

This forum member had a heater core leak, and by the time his warning light went off, he had NO COOLANT in his system.

This is going to cost someone a head gasket or engine. Of course it will be after the warranty has expired.

Did Geo Metros have a low coolant light?
    Metros didn't have a coolant level sensor. I've actually only had one car that had had a low coolant warning and that was a 97 Sunfire. It had a pressurized coolant tank though which is different from our setup. I'm not sure how you would do it with ours besides putting some form of sensor in the reservoir tank.
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I would like much longer visors, I guess they would need to slide out if you want them to stow away as normal.

Also, LED lighting for the console for 5mt cars. You can't see jack at night in the little cubbies.

LED footwell lighting that turns on with the door opening OR you can turn it on while driving.

that's it for now.
    Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Wallythacker For This Useful Post:

Daox (10-10-2019)

Country
    Austria
    Thanks
    There are dealer options for blue LED lights for the speakers, footwell and console here in Europe.

Part Numbers:

MZ360401EX
    MZ590838EX
    MZ360513EX

Name:  mirage intereur.jpg
Views: 704
Size:  76.8 KB

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Interceptor For This Useful Post:

Daox (10-11-2019),dspace9 (10-12-2019)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Interceptor View Post
    There are dealer options for blue LED lights for the speakers, footwell and console here in Europe.

Part Numbers:

MZ360401EX
    MZ590838EX
    MZ360513EX

Name:  mirage intereur.jpg
Views: 704
Size:  76.8 KB
    Blue and orange in the interior, that's different. The black accents would be pointless in a piano black interiored car. I know there is also two-tone paint schemes out now for the Mirage in some markets worldwide.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,849 Times in 1,102 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallythacker View Post
    Also, LED lighting for the console for 5mt cars. You can't see jack at night in the little cubbies.

LED footwell lighting that turns on with the door opening OR you can turn it on while driving.

that's it for now.
    Yep, you can already order these kits from Mitsubishi. I did. Kits aren't cheap, though, and are somewhat tedious to install.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Cobrajet For This Useful Post:

Daox (10-11-2019)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobrajet View Post
    Yep, you can already order these kits from Mitsubishi. I did. Kits aren't cheap, though, and are somewhat tedious to install.

They look nice. Mits options prices here in Canada can be pretty high though.
    Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    How about diffused light for console area.
    I drove a Kia Rio with this feature and got to liking it.
    In the overhead lighting module it had a white LED shining through a focused diffuser that didn't bother the driver but nicely lit the console area.
    Will weld for beer.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE 1.2 automatic: 45.3 mpg (US) ... 19.3 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 54.5 mpg (Imp)

14. The Following User Says Thank You to IchabodCrane For This Useful Post:

Daox (01-17-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by IchabodCrane View Post
    How about diffused light for console area.
    I drove a Kia Rio with this feature and got to liking it.
    In the overhead lighting module it had a white LED shining through a focused diffuser that didn't bother the driver but nicely lit the console area.
    My gf's optima has the same thing, I felt special trying to find the switch to turn it off. Eventually I realized it lit up the cupholders just enough and it wasn't annoying to drive with.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)