View Poll Results: What mod or product would you like to see next?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Electric power steering controller

    3 13.64%
  • Side view mirror blanking plates

    2 9.09%
  • Rear sway bar alternative

    4 18.18%
  • Air intake kit

    7 31.82%
  • Other - Please your idea post below

    6 27.27%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 42

Thread: What mod or product would you like to see next?

  1. #1
    Administrator Daox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Germantown, WI
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    4,870
    Thanks
    2,808
    Thanked 1,644 Times in 956 Posts

    What mod or product would you like to see next?

    I've got a couple products done now:



    So, I'm thinking about what may be the next project to start working on. I have a few ideas that I put in the poll. However, I thought I would let you guys help choose what is to come next! So, let me know. If you have questions about any of the mods in the poll, let me know too.


    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

    Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

        __________________________________________

        click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)


  2. #2
    Senior Member Top_Fuel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Ohio
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    2,378
    Thanks
    1,398
    Thanked 1,466 Times in 838 Posts
    I'm glad you asked...I've been think about this idea for a while.

    I think these cars may need a LOW COOLANT warning light. If you lose a quart of coolant...that's 25% of the car's capacity in a 5-speed car! You may notice this in the winter time when your heat is suddenly cool. But you may have no idea in warmer seasons. Depending on where the coolant sensor is placed, you may not get the overheat warning light on the dash immediately if there is an air pocket around the sensor.

    This forum member had a heater core leak, and by the time his warning light went off, he had NO COOLANT in his system.

    This is going to cost someone a head gasket or engine. Of course it will be after the warranty has expired.

    Did Geo Metros have a low coolant light?

        __________________________________________

        click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 51.8 mpg (US) ... 22.0 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.2 mpg (Imp)


  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Top_Fuel For This Useful Post:

    Daox (01-17-2018)

  4. #3
    Senior Member IchabodCrane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Thunder Bay, ON. CA
    Country
    Canada
    Posts
    726
    Thanks
    57
    Thanked 306 Times in 186 Posts
    How about diffused light for console area.
    I drove a Kia Rio with this feature and got to liking it.
    In the overhead lighting module it had a white LED shining through a focused diffuser that didn't bother the driver but nicely lit the console area.
    Will weld for beer.

        __________________________________________

        click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE 1.2 automatic: 45.3 mpg (US) ... 19.3 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 54.5 mpg (Imp)


  5. The Following User Says Thank You to IchabodCrane For This Useful Post:

    Daox (01-17-2018)

  6. #4
    I'M ESSENTIAL Fummins's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Alberta
    Country
    Canada
    Posts
    3,907
    Thanks
    1,582
    Thanked 1,776 Times in 1,185 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by IchabodCrane View Post
    How about diffused light for console area.
    I drove a Kia Rio with this feature and got to liking it.
    In the overhead lighting module it had a white LED shining through a focused diffuser that didn't bother the driver but nicely lit the console area.
    My gf's optima has the same thing, I felt special trying to find the switch to turn it off. Eventually I realized it lit up the cupholders just enough and it wasn't annoying to drive with.
    My mom says I'm cool

        __________________________________________

        click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 35.5 mpg (US) ... 15.1 km/L ... 6.6 L/100 km ... 42.6 mpg (Imp)


  7. #5
    Senior Member Wallythacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Niagara region
    Country
    Canada
    Posts
    1,228
    Thanks
    24
    Thanked 267 Times in 209 Posts
    Most of the trailer wiring I have experienced over the last 40 years has been the 4 pole flat connector. 1 each for left/right turning, 1 each for running/stop functions.

    It would be nice to have an adapter wired that I insert between the taillight assembly and the wiring harness. That way I could unplug it and there would be no evidence of trailer wiring. (My manual does show a picture with a tongue weight but it also has the no trailer warning. Talk about confusing)

    I also think a pad of medium to high density closed cell foam cut to fit the area on the armrest just after the door switches would be useful. I currently have a rough cut chunk of foam which saves my elbow on long drives.
    Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

    Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

        __________________________________________

        click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)


  8. The Following User Says Thank You to Wallythacker For This Useful Post:

    LetItMarinate (03-02-2019)

  9. #6
    Moderator Eggman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    8,004
    Thanks
    3,596
    Thanked 2,050 Times in 1,558 Posts
    Improved (as in functional as well as aesthetic) grill blocking, either manual or automated.

        __________________________________________

        click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)


  10. #7
    Senior Member IchabodCrane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Thunder Bay, ON. CA
    Country
    Canada
    Posts
    726
    Thanks
    57
    Thanked 306 Times in 186 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallythacker View Post
    Most of the trailer wiring I have experienced over the last 40 years has been the 4 pole flat connector. 1 each for left/right turning, 1 each for running/stop functions.

    It would be nice to have an adapter wired that I insert between the taillight assembly and the wiring harness. That way I could unplug it and there would be no evidence of trailer wiring. (My manual does show a picture with a tongue weight but it also has the no trailer warning. Talk about confusing)
    This may be a little too involved but could be workable..
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Will weld for beer.

        __________________________________________

        click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE 1.2 automatic: 45.3 mpg (US) ... 19.3 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 54.5 mpg (Imp)


  11. The Following User Says Thank You to IchabodCrane For This Useful Post:

    Eggman (01-18-2018)

  12. #8
    Senior Member Wallythacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Niagara region
    Country
    Canada
    Posts
    1,228
    Thanks
    24
    Thanked 267 Times in 209 Posts
    Hmmm. I forgot the Mirage will need the gizmo to allow the one filament to act as either a brake or a turn lamp. That thing is a minor pain. I probably have collected 2-3 of them over the years and they are in parts bins somewhere.

    If something is attached to my car that doesn't obstruct the existing lights then it's all legal, AFAIK. Perhaps I can get away with not having trailer lights on the trailer, or at the very least wiring up running lights and a license plate light should be easy.
    Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

    Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

        __________________________________________

        click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)


  13. #9
    Administrator Daox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Germantown, WI
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    4,870
    Thanks
    2,808
    Thanked 1,644 Times in 956 Posts
    Great ideas guys. Keep them coming!

    And, don't forget to vote in the poll please.
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

    Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

        __________________________________________

        click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)


  14. #10
    Administrator Daox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Germantown, WI
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    4,870
    Thanks
    2,808
    Thanked 1,644 Times in 956 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Fuel View Post
    I'm glad you asked...I've been think about this idea for a while.

    I think these cars may need a LOW COOLANT warning light. If you lose a quart of coolant...that's 25% of the car's capacity in a 5-speed car! You may notice this in the winter time when your heat is suddenly cool. But you may have no idea in warmer seasons. Depending on where the coolant sensor is placed, you may not get the overheat warning light on the dash immediately if there is an air pocket around the sensor.

    This forum member had a heater core leak, and by the time his warning light went off, he had NO COOLANT in his system.

    This is going to cost someone a head gasket or engine. Of course it will be after the warranty has expired.

    Did Geo Metros have a low coolant light?
    Metros didn't have a coolant level sensor. I've actually only had one car that had had a low coolant warning and that was a 97 Sunfire. It had a pressurized coolant tank though which is different from our setup. I'm not sure how you would do it with ours besides putting some form of sensor in the reservoir tank.


    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

    Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

        __________________________________________

        click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •