View Poll Results: What mod or product would you like to see next?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Electric power steering controller

3 13.04%
  • Side view mirror blanking plates

2 8.70%
  • Rear sway bar alternative

4 17.39%
  • Air intake kit

7 30.43%
  • Other - Please your idea post below

7 30.43%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What mod or product would you like to see next?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts

What mod or product would you like to see next?

I've got a couple products done now:

So, I'm thinking about what may be the next project to start working on. I have a few ideas that I put in the poll. However, I thought I would let you guys help choose what is to come next! So, let me know. If you have questions about any of the mods in the poll, let me know too.

Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,471 Posts
    I'm glad you asked...I've been think about this idea for a while.

I think these cars may need a LOW COOLANT warning light. If you lose a quart of coolant...that's 25% of the car's capacity in a 5-speed car! You may notice this in the winter time when your heat is suddenly cool. But you may have no idea in warmer seasons. Depending on where the coolant sensor is placed, you may not get the overheat warning light on the dash immediately if there is an air pocket around the sensor.

This forum member had a heater core leak, and by the time his warning light went off, he had NO COOLANT in his system.

This is going to cost someone a head gasket or engine. Of course it will be after the warranty has expired.

Did Geo Metros have a low coolant light?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Top_Fuel For This Useful Post:

Daox (01-17-2018)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    How about diffused light for console area.
    I drove a Kia Rio with this feature and got to liking it.
    In the overhead lighting module it had a white LED shining through a focused diffuser that didn't bother the driver but nicely lit the console area.
    Will weld for beer.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE 1.2 automatic: 45.3 mpg (US) ... 19.3 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 54.5 mpg (Imp)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to IchabodCrane For This Useful Post:

Daox (01-17-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by IchabodCrane View Post
    How about diffused light for console area.
    I drove a Kia Rio with this feature and got to liking it.
    In the overhead lighting module it had a white LED shining through a focused diffuser that didn't bother the driver but nicely lit the console area.
    My gf's optima has the same thing, I felt special trying to find the switch to turn it off. Eventually I realized it lit up the cupholders just enough and it wasn't annoying to drive with.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Most of the trailer wiring I have experienced over the last 40 years has been the 4 pole flat connector. 1 each for left/right turning, 1 each for running/stop functions.

It would be nice to have an adapter wired that I insert between the taillight assembly and the wiring harness. That way I could unplug it and there would be no evidence of trailer wiring. (My manual does show a picture with a tongue weight but it also has the no trailer warning. Talk about confusing)

I also think a pad of medium to high density closed cell foam cut to fit the area on the armrest just after the door switches would be useful. I currently have a rough cut chunk of foam which saves my elbow on long drives.
    Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Wallythacker For This Useful Post:

LetItMarinate (03-02-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,785 Times in 2,104 Posts
    Improved (as in functional as well as aesthetic) grill blocking, either manual or automated.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallythacker View Post
    Most of the trailer wiring I have experienced over the last 40 years has been the 4 pole flat connector. 1 each for left/right turning, 1 each for running/stop functions.

It would be nice to have an adapter wired that I insert between the taillight assembly and the wiring harness. That way I could unplug it and there would be no evidence of trailer wiring. (My manual does show a picture with a tongue weight but it also has the no trailer warning. Talk about confusing)
    This may be a little too involved but could be workable..
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Will weld for beer.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE 1.2 automatic: 45.3 mpg (US) ... 19.3 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 54.5 mpg (Imp)

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IchabodCrane For This Useful Post:

Eggman (01-18-2018),mohammad (08-19-2022)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Hmmm. I forgot the Mirage will need the gizmo to allow the one filament to act as either a brake or a turn lamp. That thing is a minor pain. I probably have collected 2-3 of them over the years and they are in parts bins somewhere.

If something is attached to my car that doesn't obstruct the existing lights then it's all legal, AFAIK. Perhaps I can get away with not having trailer lights on the trailer, or at the very least wiring up running lights and a license plate light should be easy.
    Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Great ideas guys. Keep them coming!

And, don't forget to vote in the poll please.
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Fuel View Post
    I'm glad you asked...I've been think about this idea for a while.

I think these cars may need a LOW COOLANT warning light. If you lose a quart of coolant...that's 25% of the car's capacity in a 5-speed car! You may notice this in the winter time when your heat is suddenly cool. But you may have no idea in warmer seasons. Depending on where the coolant sensor is placed, you may not get the overheat warning light on the dash immediately if there is an air pocket around the sensor.

This forum member had a heater core leak, and by the time his warning light went off, he had NO COOLANT in his system.

This is going to cost someone a head gasket or engine. Of course it will be after the warranty has expired.

Did Geo Metros have a low coolant light?
    Metros didn't have a coolant level sensor. I've actually only had one car that had had a low coolant warning and that was a 97 Sunfire. It had a pressurized coolant tank though which is different from our setup. I'm not sure how you would do it with ours besides putting some form of sensor in the reservoir tank.