Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wikipedia's page for the Mirage / Space Star is not good. UPDATE: it's better!

Whoever made those edits did a good job. It comes off as impartial, as it should, yet includes some of the positive reviews and mentions a bunch of awards.

But I still take issue with the word "mostly" in this sentence:

"has been met with mostly negative reviews in Europe, Australia, and North America"

It implies someone did a count of pass/fail reviews in those 3 regions and most were fails (below 5/10 on rankings). I doubt that's true.

Do you think an argument could be made for dropping that word (and yes, I realize I'm splitting hairs)? I'm confident if I did an analysis of the Canadian reviews, most are positive (> 5/10 ranking).

I think it would be correct to say that the car met with "some very negative reviews..."

--

Also: I wonder if there's precedent for adding a dedicated "Awards" sub-section to a car's wiki page? (Rather than embedding them in the "in positive reviews..." paragraph).

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,785 Times in 2,104 Posts
    It appears your request is holding.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Also: I wonder if there's precedent for adding a dedicated "Awards" sub-section to a car's wiki page? (Rather than embedding them in the "in positive reviews..." paragraph).
    I had a quick look, and there is precedent for making a dedicated "Awards & Recognition" subheading on Wiki pages for cars. The first two pages I checked have them: Camaro and Prius.

Do you think it would be pushing things to make the "On the positive side" paragraph in "Reception" just about reviews, while adding a dedicated paragraph for Awards and Recognition?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

paying dividends already!

Success!

Someone quoted part of the recent revisions (a good part) of the Mirage Wiki page in the comments of Jalopnik's recent make-fun-of-the-Mirage post:

One Little Detail Makes This The Saddest Unsold Car In America

5. The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

Pryme (02-23-2018)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    It might be helpful to add or highlight design features. Of all who are interested in this design, forum members would be in the best position to identify and note the positive features (short of manufacturer reps.)

So, what else should be included in the article? Factual neutrality is needed.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

I added info to the Facelift section about the engine power increase and the upgraded brakes (rotor & drum size increases; improved pad friction material).

Also updated the 2017 sales tally for Canada/US.

PS: since the last time I edited the page (I originally added the section on design goals / aero features), they've added a WYSIWYG editor. Nice!

Not that the original text/code editor was impossible, but when you edit infrequently, you have to re-learn the syntax for formatting & links & references every time!

Well, the new edits seem to have stuck.

And I don't see why they would't have - they're both objectively reasonable and add new information.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    An entry on owner aftermarket parts development refers to the forum.

The layout and organization of that section looks to me like it could use some straightening out.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (04-01-2018)

I think I may add a subsection this week for "Awards & Recognition".

Might be tempting fate, though... someone might see that as justification for adding a subsection called "Appearances on Worst Car of the Year Lists".

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    I think I may add a subsection this week for "Awards & Recognition".

Might be tempting fate, though... someone might see that as justification for adding a subsection called "Appearances on Worst Car of the Year Lists".
    I think it would be a good idea. If it is done without adding or removing any material, only rearranging, how can anyone balk?