Thread: Space Star advice - looking at 2004 1900 diesel

Country
    UK
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Space Star advice - looking at 2004 1900 diesel

Hi

I just wondered if anyone had any advice or comments about my choice of engine for this car. I am buying for reliability but understand the engine is Renault sourced, and having had nothing but trouble with my Scenic with the 1900 DCi engine, I am wondering if the Space Star version is going to be just as problematic. Love to hear from owners based on experience.

Also, how does the Space Star compare for internal space with the Scenic? Anyone know?

Going to see one on Thursday but wanted to be prepared....

Thanks

Paul

Hi Paul -

I haven't read anything about it being a Renault engine. Pretty certain it's a Mitsu design.

I think there was a thread on the topic a while back. I'll dig around for it.

Darin

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Ah, hold on...

My mistake - I see you're inquiring about a previous generation Space Star.

I don't think you'll find the info you're looking for here. We're mostly just talking about the latest generation car. Space Star is a recycled name in most of Europe for the new Mirage.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    UK
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Ah - OK. Thanks for trying!

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Ah, hold on...

My mistake - I see you're inquiring about a previous generation Space Star.

I don't think you'll find the info you're looking for here. We're mostly just talking about the latest generation car. Space Star is a recycled name in most of Europe for the new Mirage.