Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: What's the longest you've owned a car? How long do you plan to keep your Mirage?

Since starting this thread, I am now the record-holder in my extended family: I'm in year 15 of Firefly ownership.

The previous record-holder is an aunt who traded in her 2004 A4 convertible late last year.

I haven't driven the Firefly in a couple of years, but I'm planning to put plates & insurance back on it this spring.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

I sold my longest owned car months after this thread started. Owned the firebird for 16 years, barely put 20000 miles on it. So now my longest owned junk is a truck I've owned since 2016? and my 08 rzr I've had for about 10 years.
    I will probably keep the Mirage for as far forward as I can tell, one of the big reasons I got it was cause it'll fit easily in a 20x20 garage along with the wifes clunker and a sxs. I was looking last night, I could probably fit 3 Mirages in there, 4 if I tucked one sideways along the back wall.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Longest I've owned a car/truck is 14 years. My current Dodge Dakota to be exact. I never plan on getting rid of it.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 41.5 mpg (US) ... 17.7 km/L ... 5.7 L/100 km ... 49.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    So far, this car, 4 years. Keeping it until she croaks.
    (blank signature)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I'm now into my 25th year with the Tacoma....I'm starting to get double takes in the parking lots now, the kind I used to give those IH pickups back in the day.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES Plus 1.2 automatic: 37.9 mpg (US) ... 16.1 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by strawboss View Post
    I'm now into my 25th year with the Tacoma....I'm starting to get double takes in the parking lots now, the kind I used to give those IH pickups back in the day.
    You must have the first year which was like 1995 1/2 they technically called it.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,684 Times in 2,103 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by strawboss View Post
    My grandpa sent me to town once in an old International pickup (4 speed on the floor) that had dually rear wheels. His haybine had backfired & caught the field on fire. Later that afternoon when the fire was put out, he asked me if I had my driver's license. It was at that point, I reminded him that I was only 12 years old.

Driving that truck to town to get help was easier than driving the old Leyland tractor (pulling a small square baler & flat haywagon rack) that I was using that day. This is what kids did prior to having smart phones.

I wouldn't mind having a restored International Harvester Scout.

https://www.google.com/search?q=inte...w=1194&bih=573

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

strawboss (02-21-2020)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Pryme View Post
    You must have the first year which was like 1995 1/2 they technically called it.
    Yup, got it to replace my Toyota Pickup. Think it was an '87...the sheet metal was all clapped out with rust.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES Plus 1.2 automatic: 37.9 mpg (US) ... 16.1 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.6 mpg (Imp)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to strawboss For This Useful Post:

Nerdling (02-26-2020)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    My grandpa sent me to town once in an old International pickup (4 speed on the floor) that had dually rear wheels. His haybine had backfired & caught the field on fire. Later that afternoon when the fire was put out, he asked me if I had my driver's license. It was at that point, I reminded him that I was only 12 years old.

Driving that truck to town to get help was easier than driving the old Leyland tractor (pulling a small square baler & flat haywagon rack) that I was using that day. This is what kids did prior to having smart phones.

I wouldn't mind having a restored International Harvester Scout.

https://www.google.com/search?q=inte...w=1194&bih=573
    Yah, I hear that. The first vehicle I drove was a Ford 1/2 ton 3 speed column shift "3 on the tree" steering/brakes had no power assist, I was way under 16. My brother & I went fishing one day and he was too full of refreshing beverages to make it home.
    Once in the city our paperboy saw my 75 year old Mom drive my old toyota pickup 5 spd manual 4x4 and was impressed, she grew up driving those old tractors too!
    Those old Scouts were what my youngest brother used to call the "Deliverance truck"
    Last edited by strawboss; 02-21-2020 at 02:58 AM.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I've had my 94 Ranger for 10 years now. This year will be the first year I drag race it.

'17 Mitsubishi Mirage 1.2L ES Plus 5MT
    '94 Ford Ranger 5.0 Turbo 3 Speed