Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Clutch hard to press. Solved: warranty replaced pivot shaft, seal, release bearing

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,711 Times in 2,122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pryme View Post
    Yeah it is. At least we still have a loaner to use but if I'm nit picking we are also paying for gas in a vehicle that gets 20mpg less than the one they have in their shop.
    Is this a new trend? You schedule an appointment for your car, & it's not done the day of the appointment. In some cases, it isn't even looked at?

My Subaru went in for some major work last October (failed oil consumption test, received new short block via class action lawsuit against Subaru) and this past April (fix oil leaks from work done the first time). The first visit was 6-weeks & the second visit was 5-weeks. The work was all covered, didn't cost me a penny, & they gave me a loaner car both times. I found it odd that I made an appointment to have the work done, and then the vehicle just sits in their lot for weeks? If I didn't start questioning them weeks later, I felt it would have taken longer. All I heard was excuses.

It wasn't like they discovered something new and had to wait for new parts. I was really miffed by it all. I never got rude, because I wanted my vehicle taken care of. In my case, not having my Forester was an inconvenience. I use my trailer & hitch all the time.

The dealership was fortunate, because I signed a form stating I wouldn’t smoke or haul pets in their relatively new loaner vehicle. It didn’t say anything about hauling a dead carcass. If I had harvested a deer during that time, their new Subaru Outback would have been hauling a dead carcass to the local meat locker. I’m surely not going to mess up my little Mirage doing that!

Over the years, I have had very little dealer work done on any vehicles. Is this something dealerships do? I ask, because this was a new experience for me. If I don't do my work myself, I tend use to small town local mechanics. You leave your key on top the sun visor. They come pick up your car at work. They leave a slip on your passenger seat when they return it, and you stop by & pay them for the work done before they close that day.

I hope your car is done tomorrow, & you can share what was wrong with it!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Is this a new trend? You schedule an appointment for your car, & it's not done the day of the appointment. In some cases, it isn't even looked at?

My Subaru went in for some major work last October (failed oil consumption test, received new short block via class action lawsuit against Subaru) and this past April (fix oil leaks from work done the first time). The first visit was 6-weeks & the second visit was 5-weeks. The work was all covered, didn't cost me a penny, & they gave me a loaner car both times. I found it odd that I made an appointment to have the work done, and then the vehicle just sits in their lot for weeks? If I didn't start questioning them weeks later, I felt it would have taken longer. All I heard was excuses.

It wasn't like they discovered something new and had to wait for new parts. I was really miffed by it all. I never got rude, because I wanted my vehicle taken care of. In my case, not having my Forester was an inconvenience. I use my trailer & hitch all the time.

The dealership was fortunate, because I signed a form stating I wouldn’t smoke or haul pets in their relatively new loaner vehicle. It didn’t say anything about hauling a dead carcass. If I had harvested a deer during that time, their new Subaru Outback would have been hauling a dead carcass to the local meat locker. I’m surely not going to mess up my little Mirage doing that!

Over the years, I have had very little dealer work done on any vehicles. Is this something dealerships do? I ask, because this was a new experience for me. If I don't do my work myself, I tend use to small town local mechanics. You leave your key on top the sun visor. They come pick up your car at work. They leave a slip on your passenger seat when they return it, and you stop by & pay them for the work done before they close that day.

I hope your car is done tomorrow, & you can share what was wrong with it!
    I hope so too. And this is at white bear Mitsubishi too btw. So I'm hoping they keep themselves in good standing in my book.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Pryme View Post
    I hope so too. And this is at white bear Mitsubishi too btw. So I'm hoping they keep themselves in good standing in my book.
    I figured it was White Bear Mitsubishi.

You need to let them know the entire mirageforum.com world is waiting to hear about the outcome of your Mirage, & their reputation is on the line!

I truly hope they take good care of you!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

Pryme (06-25-2019)

At my old work, the guy's booking in jobs would forget about customers cars pretty often. Then choose the most impatient customers car to get done first.
    I had a car at the mitsu dealer and called to see if it was ready to be picked up, the service guy said no it was still being put back together but should be done in a few hours. When I finally picked it up it was pretty clear that is was sitting outside since the previous day cause it was covered in snow with no foot prints or tire tracks anywhere near it.

Hope you get your car back soon!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

Pryme (06-25-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Okay so the car is done. So far so good.

It took 21lbs to depress the clutch before the repair and 16lbs after. I also asked that they check a few new cars on their lot and they stated they came in at the same 16lbs.

Here is the print out of work performed.
    Name:  20190626_173800.jpg
Views: 587
Size:  112.8 KB

It is nice that I got a gear oil swap too! I was planning on doing that within a few thousand miles anyway.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Pryme For This Useful Post:

Eggman (06-27-2019),Fummins (06-27-2019),MetroMPG (06-26-2019),Top_Fuel (06-27-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Sounds good! Wonder if this is an issue they have seen before? They seemed to know what parts to have on hand before tearing into it. Glad it's taken care of! If White Bear Mitsubishi hadn't taken care of you well, I would have been disappointed in them. I wish they weren't 4 hours away from me.

I will driving by that area tomorrow, however. I am meeting my brother in Eau Claire. We leaving my Mirage there, & we are taking his new GMC pickup out to Devils Lake, North Dakota for a 3-day guided fishing trip. We have a group of 8 going out there. I call it "lazy man" fishing. They provide the housing, 20' boats, poles, bait, transportation to the Lake, & a guide in each boat. We'll have 3 boats & 3 guides for our group. Afterward they even clean your fish for you each day. If you are really lazy, they will even bait and cast your pole for you! We'll be going right through the Twin Cities & the White Bear area tomorrow. I am looking forward to it!

Success!!

Glad it's sorted out, and thanks for the detailed info.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Sounds good! Wonder if this is an issue they have seen before? They seemed to know what parts to have on hand before tearing into it. Glad it's taken care of! If White Bear Mitsubishi hadn't taken care of you well, I would have been disappointed in them. I wish they weren't 4 hours away from me.

I will driving by that area tomorrow, however. I am meeting my brother in Eau Claire. We leaving my Mirage there, & we are taking his new GMC pickup out to Devils Lake, North Dakota for a 3-day guided fishing trip. We have a group of 8 going out there. I call it "lazy man" fishing. They provide the housing, 20' boats, poles, bait, transportation to the Lake, & a guide in each boat. We'll have 3 boats & 3 guides for our group. Afterward they even clean your fish for you each day. If you are really lazy, they will even bait and cast your pole for you! We'll be going right through the Twin Cities & the White Bear area tomorrow. I am looking forward to it!
    Some of my family has fished devils lake multiple times. I've yet to make it out there.

No, they had to order the parts in but did know which ones they were ordering before even tearing it open.

I have to wonder if when they called Mitsubishi they get Inside info on solutions to a lot of issues and all that info stays internal. I'm sure each auto manufacturer has a huge database of problems with what it took to fix.

Yeah they handled it well overall.

And thanks metro. Maybe it will help someone else down the road.

I love me some lazy man fishing! Only been once though. Went Salmon and halibut fishing off the west coast of Vancouver island. Was awesome. Loaded up the boat with beer and lunch and sat on the ocean all day with no land to be seen. Caught a ton of fish and drank way more beer than we expected.

I wonder if gm started painting their frames yet? I was just underneath a 17'. The frame just had a thin oily wax kinda coating on it that collected dirt and rubbed off pretty easily. It looks like crap compared to the Mirages underneath and I like(d) Gms'.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

FYI, I just split this topic out from the DIY clutch cable replacement thread.

Lucky for me Cobrajet bumped the cable thread and I saw this because Mirage #3 seems to have higher clutch pedal effort than Mirage #2.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)