Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What's going on with Mirage Pilipinas (MPH) forum?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,785 Times in 2,104 Posts
    Myself, I wouldn't say completely unusable. I do about half my reading (and sometimes replying) on my smartphone. It's clunky and the text size is sometimes inconsistent, but I manage.

Any internet browsing on a smartphone is going to be different from a desktop. I don't blame the forum for that, I blame the smartphone. That's 'smart' phones for you.

That said, I know what you mean because I've seen some forums through my smartphone that are easier to read, if only for text size.

So MetroMPG and Daox, is it possible to format Mirageforum.com for mobile use?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,562 Times in 1,120 Posts
    I’ve been using Opera Mini for quite some time. It has the option to force a webpage to display the desktop version
    Name:  FAD22CEB-ED94-44E2-BFB1-B854D3296B67.jpg
Views: 1149
Size:  83.4 KB

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

I have been regularly using the forum on a 6+ year old Android phone. It's obviously not as easy as desktop or a dedicated mobile platform, but it works ok for me.

Yes, a mobile solution is on our (too-long) to-do list. No promises on when that will happen. Safe to assume it's not going to be soon.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I have no issues here, S8 running Samsung Internet.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 43.5 mpg (US) ... 18.5 km/L ... 5.4 L/100 km ... 52.2 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Philippines
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Hello all from the Philippines! I am also a member of miragepilipinas.com =)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Alpha I don't really agree with you there, I've used my phone for this forum my entire time and it works fine, you just have to get accustomed to zooming in to click on the smaller forum actions or be able to percisely click on them. For reference I'm using a Pixel 2, non xl for this with the stable build of Chrome and it works fine. I think the main majority of people's issues with mobile and our forum is that they might not be accustomed to using desktop websites on a phone, the text size for me is always consistent unless I zoom in, or it zooms in when I type to reply which is fine

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 37.4 mpg (US) ... 15.9 km/L ... 6.3 L/100 km ... 44.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Philippines
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    I agree with you sir AssassinTime14, being "accustomed" is the key! I am also using mirgaepilipinas.com in my phone's browser and I don't have any problem with it. =)

-=-
    Kites
    -=-

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I'm running samsung internet on an S8. It's perfectly usable for me. Popzoom makes even the tiny buttons usable (do all phones auto zoom if you click a tiny button?)

I do have issues with logging in. No matter what I do I have to log in every time I visit, even after following a link and backing back to the forum. Plus it ALWAYS fails login on the first attempt. However this happens on desktop as well.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 43.5 mpg (US) ... 18.5 km/L ... 5.4 L/100 km ... 52.2 mpg (Imp)