So this summer I plan to finally do something about the boat-like handling of the mirage. I've read many threads on here, but I'm having a hard time deciding what to do. I'm not planning to buy a roll bar unless Doax starts selling his custom one.

Goals: Less body roll, possibly more responsive steering, and something cheap. I don't mind a harsher ride (within reason) in exchange for better handling.

I am currently trying to decide between beetle, yaris, AutoDynasty springs, or air bags. I've ruled out coilovers as they are just too expensive.

The air bag suspension seems like it would help with cornering while still allowing the stock suspension to handle bumps and holes. I'm not sure if it would give me the result I want though, as it seems to be marketed more for load stabilization (not an issue for me).

I know that springs and shocks work together, so I'm wary of the side effects of stiffer springs on stock shocks (assuming there are still no good alternative shocks available). Many of the reviews of different springs seem to say they're great at first, but later there seems to be some regret as the softness of the stock shocks becomes apparent.

I guess what I'm asking is, for those who have done these mods, was it worth it? What has worked for you, and what are the drawbacks for your particular setup? Does the air bag kit actually help with handling? Any input would be appreciated.