Page 10 of 87 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast

Thread: How much did you pay for your Mirage?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I got mine for $14,000 flat.

I wish you'd send that to the dealerships so they know how their lack of transparency hurts sales.

This is one of the problems of the super-low MSRP strategy. It creates more disappointment when the inevitable hidden fees are revealed.

I've read almost identical comments from a potential base Micra buyer who was thoroughly disgusted by the dealer experience ("hidden" fees suddenly appearing).

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    I wish you'd send that to the dealerships so they know how their lack of transparency hurts sales.

This is one of the problems of the super-low MSRP strategy. It creates more disappointment when the inevitable hidden fees are revealed.

I've read almost identical comments from a potential base Micra buyer who was thoroughly disgusted by the dealer experience ("hidden" fees suddenly appearing).
    I agree. And I understand that the dealer needs to make a profit. Still, the other dealers make a profit by saying what the price is up front and sticking to it. I explained to the sales rep that if the price had been $14k up front, I likely would have gone for it, but expecting 13 and getting 14 . . . I'd have to think about it. I sent a follow-up email expressing my disappointment at this tactic. To my old-fashioned mind, negotiations should start at the list price and either stay there or go down - not skyrocket with arbitrary extras. Hopefully I can find a used one soon and deal with a private individual!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE 1.2 manual: 45.0 mpg (US) ... 19.1 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 54.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Switzerland
    Thanks
    The MSRP on my dealer's website was 11000,- at the time I looked before my purchase. I negotiated the out-of-the-door price and got my car for 12850,- including all fees, tax, tags and title. That is at least not that hard a raise from below 10k.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.8 mpg (US) ... 20.3 km/L ... 4.9 L/100 km ... 57.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks

This is making me impossible to resist, haha.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 40.8 mpg (US) ... 17.4 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 49.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DirectNova View Post

This is making me impossible to resist, haha.
    Not sure if you were joking, or just lost in translation, but a Mirage will not make you impossible to resist! You are probably thinking of a Shelby Cobra or something like that. I suspect you meant "impossible for me to resist", though!

I too was drawn to the dealership by that add, ahead of my schedule (was thinking I would get one in fall). Turns out my dealer wanted to add a bunch of extra fees, and the best price they could give me was $13,900. On the other hand, since I walked out they did call me back and email saying they had "good news" for me. I don't know what that news is, as I was working when they called. I'm not sure I'll go find out, but I may. I want the Mirage, but am still a little annoyed that on Thursday they couldn't possibly go a dollar lower or they would be losing money, then suddenly on Friday things have changed! It's not just the sale, as that would be no big deal, but with a 10 year warranty, we may have to deal with each other many more times.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE 1.2 manual: 45.0 mpg (US) ... 19.1 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 54.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Maybe they will meet your demands

bearhugman
    Country
    New Zealand
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Do'h, I see some dealers have dropped price to $16990 + approx $700 orc. Makes my ex dealer courtesy car with 9000 km @$16000 not such a great deal

That must be the cheapest new car in New Zealand.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Canoehead View Post
    I too was drawn to the dealership by that add, ahead of my schedule (was thinking I would get one in fall). Turns out my dealer wanted to add a bunch of extra fees, and the best price they could give me was $13,900. On the other hand, since I walked out they did call me back and email saying they had "good news" for me. I don't know what that news is, as I was working when they called. I'm not sure I'll go find out, but I may. I want the Mirage, but am still a little annoyed that on Thursday they couldn't possibly go a dollar lower or they would be losing money, then suddenly on Friday things have changed!
    I found the time to call the sales guy and find out what the good news was - $100 off and a couple oil changes.

It is unfortunate all-around, as I wanted to buy a Mirage, and would have cheerfully paid $14k for one. Because I am put off by the sales tactics (advertise $13k on the web-site, jack up the price in person), I now am not sure. Mitsubishi may lose the sale, and I'll pay thousands more for a Honda that doesn't get the great mpg's, just over a lack of transparency.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Those folks at Mitsubishi Canada must really like math!

The ES is a cool $2500 off, making the base price $9998 +tax/fees/extra fees which brings it to a theoretical $14k, and an actual $14,900 at my dealership.

That rebate, though, is only available on the base model - meaning those who would like A/C, for example, would have to pay a whopping $5500 more for it - a greater than 50% increase! Who would do that?!?!

Here's what the build calculator suggests, though. The SE does have a $1000 rebate, plus eligibility for 5 other rebates (military, loyalty, education, mobility, first buyer) each at $500, plus 0% interest for 6 years.

I'll skip showing all the work but say that it seems if one had no cash on hand, and wasn't eligible for the extra rebates, the SE is $115.69/bw for 6 years, the ES is $93.73, a difference of $3425.76 (per the web-site, dealer may sell for more/less).

Both good deals compared to other cars in the class, and they found a way to meet the Nissan's advertised price and still be competitive with the SE. As I mentioned in previous posts, my experience with the dealership wasn't great because I believed the web-site, so my web-site numbers may well not hold up.