Page 11 of 87 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

Thread: How much did you pay for your Mirage?

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    How did you do that. That is a real low price. I am living san jose and can not find a such good deal.
    Quote Originally Posted by azndragon View Post
    I paid $12900 Out the door price for Mirage 2014 ES CVT in Cerritos CA, there is a dealer in Glendale CA willing to sell for $12800 but its an hour away from where i live. Advice: don't ever go to dealers and negotiate with them, just deal with them through email. if you are at a dealer , you're stuck with one dealer. if you are negotiating online, you can negotiate with many dealers at once.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Hello everybody! I am new to the Forum.

After obsessing about this car for 6 months, I gave in to the fuel economy standards and bought my car on Tuesday!
    I purchased the 2014 DE model 5-speed manual.
    I paid $12,400 for the car. in Columbus, Ohio on 7/30/2014!

(With tax, title, doc fees, and registration, the total price was $13,600 out the door).

LOVE THE CAR! Black on black and very cute

*My only "issue" is the dealer used a "Military Personnel BAIT" of $500 rebate to get me in the door. When I got there, I was not eligible because I am a 6 year Army Veteran and NOT current military or retired military. This is a warning to all looking to buy the car. Ensure all rebates apply to your situation BEFORE visiting the dealer!

Take care and enjoy your cars! Thank you for this Forum

- Justin S.
    Columbus, Ohio

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post

The weasel words in this ad are "transport et preparation en sus" = "delivery & preparation extra". We know the official delivery fee in Canada, but not what this dealer's prep fee is. Might just be a way to advertise at 11998, then get it back to 12498 (MSRP) when you try to make a deal.
    One of the sales guys I talked to implied that their extra PDI included filling all the fluids. Seems to me that if the car had no oil in it from the factory, and for the first PDI, that would be strange. I thought they started most cars at the factory? Or at least someone made sure they ran before delivery to the dealer?

I really like the Mirage . . . I wish my local dealer would have been more forthright, as I would have one by now if the price advertised was the selling price.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE 1.2 manual: 45.0 mpg (US) ... 19.1 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 54.1 mpg (Imp)

Quote Originally Posted by Canoehead View Post
    One of the sales guys I talked to implied that their extra PDI included filling all the fluids. Seems to me that if the car had no oil in it from the factory, and for the first PDI, that would be strange. I thought they started most cars at the factory?
    They test drive (dyno) them at the factory, plus on/off the ships. So if he implied they filled the oil, that's just bogus!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Dealers out here are getting under my skin... One wants 19,600 for an SE 5 speed, no options. They added bug deflectors which cost $380!! I called another dealer that wanted 20K for the same thing! This is supposed to be with a $1000 cash incentive from the dealer. I ask why the website says 18,3 and they tell me 20, and I get "inspection fee, filing fee, registration, licensing, bla bla bla" So with the freight, PDI, tax and everything it's 18,3 and they somehow tack on another $1700? Now I'm waiting for the 2015's as I don't want a 2014 that's already got 76km worth of test driving on her for that kind of money... I want my Mirage

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE 1.2 manual: 52.3 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I've had mine since the end of May now, but they seem to be getting MORE expensive... I haven't seen any deals lately like the one I got.

I got my ES Manual with pretty much every option but NAV for $12300
    Resident Tire Engineer

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.4 mpg (US) ... 18.9 km/L ... 5.3 L/100 km ... 53.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    got my Mirage ES 5 speed manual for $13,199 from White Bear Lake Mitsubishi in Minneapolis, MN. When we were there(1 1/2 weeks ago) they had a total of 108 Mirages on their lot. Most were CVT, some were 2015's, but the majority were 2014's. Great dealer to deal with as their sales people get paid per car they sell, not by a percentage of the profit the dealer makes on the sale. They had no hidden costs, their best price on each vehicle is listed on their website. That is what you pay, nothing more. If you are in the midwest looking for a mirage, do check these guys out as they have the largest selection of Mitsu's in the midwest. I hate dealing with car dealers and this was by far the most satisfying new car purchase I have ever made.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to fatcat For This Useful Post:

IwantaMirage (09-16-2014)

Member BillThompsonMirage-ES-CVT's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I purchased a 2014 Mirage with CVT on 08/07/14; accessories added include cargo tray, rear bumper guard, VIN window etching, paint sealant, fabric protection, and window tint. Total MSRP with accessories was $17,885. A combination of manufacturer rebates and dealer discounts reduced that price to $12,845. I traded in my 2007 Honda Fit Base trim with A/T for $5,500. Payment of state sales tax, dealer inventory tax, title and registration fees, and document preparation fees resulted in an "out the door" price of $8,438.23.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.4 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    !!!

I just received another $375 discount after my purchase. Long story short: I spoke with the dealership manager and was awarded a $375 CASH refund because I pointed out the false/deceptive advertising practices said dealership used. They happen to be considered illegal by the State of Ohio Attorney General! Documentation + Good argument = Refund!

This brings my car price to $12,000 flat including a $200 Bluetooth option! ($13,250 out the door with tax, etc.)

So happy!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fatcat View Post
    got my Mirage ES 5 speed manual for $13,199 from White Bear Lake Mitsubishi in Minneapolis, MN. When we were there(1 1/2 weeks ago) they had a total of 108 Mirages on their lot. Most were CVT, some were 2015's, but the majority were 2014's. Great dealer to deal with as their sales people get paid per car they sell, not by a percentage of the profit the dealer makes on the sale. They had no hidden costs, their best price on each vehicle is listed on their website. That is what you pay, nothing more. If you are in the midwest looking for a mirage, do check these guys out as they have the largest selection of Mitsu's in the midwest. I hate dealing with car dealers and this was by far the most satisfying new car purchase I have ever made.
    fatcat,

Congrats on your purchase! From the sound of your story, you got a great deal!

Drive that green beauty with pride!

- Justin