Page 51 of 87 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast

Thread: How much did you pay for your Mirage?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by davidricardo86 View Post
    What are your monthly payments for your Mirage?

Did you buy or lease? And if it's not too personal to ask, what was your credit score at the time of application?

I'd like to get a range of numbers so i can know what sort of monthly payment to expect on a Mirage. Please also include year and trim level.
    There are loan payment calculators you can use online. Google it. Then you can add your downpayment, loan terms, and credit!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,785 Times in 2,104 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HitShane View Post
    There are loan payment calculators you can use online. Google it. Then you can add your downpayment, loan terms, and credit!
    That's a good point. I say this because one forum member's deal might not be available in another's market. It pays to shop around. With some offers from several dealerships, then it is easy to use the online calculators like HitShane says to get an idea of what to expect.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

HitShane (03-06-2017)

Mirage G4 SE
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    When I purchased my 2015 Mitsubishi Mirage ES with Navigation in July 2015 my credit score was 575 and I went through Citizens Bank for 7.95% and was very happy with them. Well ai just traded on a 2017 Mirage G4 SE and wanted to stay with Citizens Bank as I was very happy with them and my credit was 675 at this point and got 6.95% with them for 6 years. Both cars were purchased new and I had carry over on the G4 from my 2015 Mirage.

Did you buy or lease? And if it's not too personal to ask, what was your credit score at the time of application?

I'd like to get a range of numbers so i can know what sort of monthly payment to expect on a Mirage. Please also include year and trim level.

Country
    United States
    Thanks

2014 ES CVT with protection package (mud gaurds, body side trim, rear bumper protector). MSRP was about $16,300. Bought if for $13,300 out the door + $400 rolled over from previous car. Payments of $232.83 for 60mos at 1.9%.

I realize everyone's situations are different and the numbers will vary. But I wanted real world data from people that actually went through with the deals. I was attempting to get an idea of how much a Mirage costs on a monthly basis.

Just last week I leased a 2017 Volkswagen Jetta TSi and my monthly payment is $175/month with zero due at signing. The automotive company I work for offers a generous employee lease program and the deal was too good to pass up. Maybe I should've asked Mirage Forum sooner but I wanted to know if a Mirage can be had for less than $200/month. Or even less than what I'm now paying a month for my 17 Jetta.

My Transunion credit score at the time of submitting my credit application was 656. I will be leasing the car for the next 36 months at 12,000 miles/years. I wanted the Mirage for its fantastic fuel economy and low cost of operation. Maybe by the end of my lease, the next gen Mirage will be available and even more fuel efficient than the current gen.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Maybe by the end of my lease, the next gen Mirage will be available and even more fuel efficient than the current gen.
    That would be cool.

Wouldn't the lowest cost of ownership include not making interest payments to borrow someone's money? Would you be able to save up enough to just buy one outright?

I'm not a fan of owing anyone or anything money. I'm thankful I don't have debt.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    That would be cool.

Wouldn't the lowest cost of ownership include not making interest payments to borrow someone's money? Would you be able to save up enough to just buy one outright?

I'm not a fan of owing anyone or anything money. I'm thankful I don't have debt.
    Sounds like you and I graduated from the same school of thought." I don't like owing nobody nutin." I am very happy to purchase items, and use 90 days, or 6 months, same as cash terms. I don't mind using someone else's money for free. LOL

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    That would be cool.

I'm going to pay off my new Outlander Sport in two years to cut the interest

10. The Following User Says Thank You to HitShane For This Useful Post:

Eggman (03-06-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by HitShane View Post
    I'm going to pay off my new Outlander Sport in two years to cut the interest
    Heck yeah. That's *your* money, not theirs.

Then when that's paid off you can get another Mirage lol.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Car Nut View Post
    I am very happy to purchase items, and use 90 days, or 6 months, same as cash terms.
    I've done this and still don't like it, with the exception of possibly improving a credit score.

I understand others might not see things this way, but I am not inclined to give away my money if I can help it. The Mitsubishi Mirage fits in this approach nicely - it is the most affordable & reliable transportation on the market, with some great features that no other car in it's class has, and with superior fuel economy.

I think it's fine the way it is. I can forego the ego-driven sports-car mindset easily with this car. It's simply not a race car - it's an economy car, and in my estimation it excels in it's purpose.

Last edited by Eggman; 03-06-2017 at 08:24 AM.