Page 58 of 87 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068 ... LastLast

Thread: How much did you pay for your Mirage?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,781 Times in 2,100 Posts
    What do Rio owners say about its reliability?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    What do Rio owners say about its reliability?
    Been trying to flag people down when I see one Parked. Spoke to 3 with the same car, 2013-Present.
    1 2013 owner had 70k and only had $134 15k service, oil changes twice a year at the dealer for $40 each (synthetic), nothing ever failed. Getting ready for her first major service soon she said.

Another had a near new one. He only complained about power going up hills. That is a common issue with an econobox. Mirage not excluded, of course. He was not paying much attention to MPGs.

lastly I spoke to someone with a 50k example about 4 years old that once needed a fuel gauge fixed. Under warranty, of course.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Buy the Rio for 11k otd. Quick before it's too late!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Pryme For This Useful Post:

MightyMirageMpg (10-09-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by djkenny View Post
    Been trying to flag people down when I see one Parked.
    I figured an online forum would have more info.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

Alex1a1f (10-10-2017),Pryme (10-10-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Well, as I mentioned, my wife and I had a Kia Rio back in the early 2000's which we kept for at least six years. The only problem we had with it was that it started missing all of a sudden after about 2 years. I had it checked out and it turned out that it needed new spark plug wires. That was really weird since my Metro had never had the wires changed and it was much older. But other than that and the fact that its fuel economy was no where near that of the Metro, it was a good and reliable car. If I wasn't such a stickler for fuel economy and a hatchback, I'd consider one.

I agree that you might want to check out Kia forums to get a view of how reliable the current Kia Rios are.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage SE 1.2 manual: 45.4 mpg (US) ... 19.3 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 54.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I considered a Rio - even took one for a test drive a couple years ago. I was surprised at how cramped it was, especially the back seat. Makes me appreciate my roomy Mirage.

Funny story about that test drive. It was 2008. The salesman forgot some device that's used for starting the engine. We found out when we turned off the engine to switch drivers and couldn't get the engine started again. I was able to push-start the Rio to get back to the dealer.

That, and some family experience with Kia has put me off the brand.

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    I considered a Rio - even took one for a test drive a couple years ago. I was surprised at how cramped it was, especially the back seat. Makes me appreciate my roomy Mirage.

Funny story about that test drive. It was 2008. The salesman forgot some device that's used for starting the engine. We found out when we turned off the engine to switch drivers and couldn't get the engine started again. I was able to push-start the Rio to get back to the dealer.

That, and some family experience with Kia has put me off the brand.
    The 17's have a very roomy back seat. I found the head room better than in the Mirage, and the middle was more useful for another passenger. In 2013 there was a complete redesign.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by djkenny View Post
    The 17's have a very roomy back seat. I found the head room better than in the Mirage, and the middle was more useful for another passenger. In 2013 there was a complete redesign.
    Did you get one then? Sounds perfect. Snatch up the one for 11k. Hurry, don't procrastinate

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    My 2015 Mirage was totaled so I just bought a new 2017 SE CVT in silver with LED daytime running lights for $12,840 OTD with loyalty and military discounts. I spent a lot of time looking at other options (including the Rio), but was sold on another Mirage.

Can't wait to pick it up!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to tomandjerry00 For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (10-12-2017)

What happened to your 2015?

Glad to see another repeat customer. Mirage owners tend to do that more than other brands.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)