Page 62 of 87 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472 ... LastLast

Thread: How much did you pay for your Mirage?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    A month ago I purchased my 2019 GT brand new for $14,188 out the door with taxes and fees.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2019 Mirage GT 1.2 automatic: 42.5 mpg (US) ... 18.1 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.1 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to liamthelush For This Useful Post:

Daox (05-28-2019)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by liamthelush View Post
    A month ago I purchased my 2019 GT brand new for $14,188 out the door with taxes and fees.
    Good price. White is the best color to deflect heat and clean IMO.

That's a great deal on a GT - congrats.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    Good price. White is the best color to deflect heat and clean IMO.
    Yeah, my last car was black and I hated it. It looked terrible from the salt on the roads several months out of the year and was unbearable to get into in the summer.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2019 Mirage GT 1.2 automatic: 42.5 mpg (US) ... 18.1 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I don't know if it's the same elsewhere, but prices on the Mirage seem much higher this year, apparently because Mitsubishi's rebates are incredibly low. Where I live (the DC metro area), they're only offering a $500 rebate! Two years ago you could get an SE for $13,000 easily, but this year most dealerships are pricing them up around $15,000. That seems a little nutty to me.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mainertodd View Post
    I don't know if it's the same elsewhere, but prices on the Mirage seem much higher this year, apparently because Mitsubishi's rebates are incredibly low. Where I live (the DC metro area), they're only offering a $500 rebate! Two years ago you could get an SE for $13,000 easily, but this year most dealerships are pricing them up around $15,000. That seems a little nutty to me.

The Mirage needs to be affordable, reliable, & economical. Eliminate any of those three items & the car loses its appeal. Most people are going to turn to something else. That may explain Chevy Spark sales are up 62% in another thread discussion?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

Toasty (07-14-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    I paid a little extra for my Mirage because it included features that I wanted. It came with cruise control. I don't have to figure out how to enable it in ETACS using dodgy software, nor do I have to source the requisite switches or harnesses. It has automatic climate control, which I value. It has the keyless F.A.S.T system with pushbutton start, which I think is great.

These features takes what is a basic economy car and brings it into modern times. For those who don't value those items, good for you. I think these features help make the Mirage competitive in a market where everyone else offers them to those who want them.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

Cobrajet (07-04-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by mainertodd View Post
    only offering a $500 rebate! Two years ago you could get an SE for $13,000 easily, but this year most dealerships are pricing them up around $15,000. That seems a little nutty to me.
    In a way, that's possibly a good sign. By that I mean a good sign for the car, though a slightly worse sign for buyers looking for a screaming deal.

Supply & demand, right? High factory discounts indicate over-supply or falling demand. The fact that the Mirage's U.S. sales have been slightly increasing each year, while other manufacturers are cancelling their entry level economy cars tells us Mitsubishi is comfortable with low incentives to keep the metal moving.

There will always be a core group of buyers who value the idea of uncomplicated, small, efficient, affordable cars. With the cancellation of so many other options, maybe Mirage & Spark sales are benefitting. Thus the low rebates.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    I paid a little extra for my Mirage because it included features that I wanted. It came with cruise control. I don't have to figure out how to enable it in ETACS using dodgy software, nor do I have to source the requisite switches or harnesses. It has automatic climate control, which I value. It has the keyless F.A.S.T system with pushbutton start, which I think is great.

These features takes what is a basic economy car and brings it into modern times. For those who don't value those items, good for you. I think these features help make the Mirage competitive in a market where everyone else offers them to those who want them.
    Personally, I place zero value on pushbutton start & automatic climate controls. If people value those things, there's the justification for upper trim levels.

The Mirage presently comes in 5 TRIM LEVELS, and a person should be able to buy a basic Mirage. Each year more features become standard for all trim levels. Which trim level is impacted by that?

A 2020 Mirage ES (base level) is going to have most items your upper trim level has now. What's lacking? Alloy wheels & push button start maybe? If they don't change the Mirage in 2021, they will probably add push button start as standard. It would follow what has been going on. Push button start just makes stealing a car easier, but who steals Mirages?

Wanna steal keyless cars? Read -

https://www.vox.com/the-goods/2019/1...-cars-ford-bmw

I heard an individual recommend not using your F.A.S.T. system to lock your car in a large parking area, because it's code can be scanned with the proper equipment. A new blank can then be instantly programmed for your car. I am not saying these features are horrible. They just don't impress me! I learned to let out a clutch & drive on a 1948 Farmall H tractor when I was about 9 years old. That tractor is still in the family, & it has push button start!

I really ask the question, where is the need for 5 trim levels if this trend continues? I do not understand Mitsubishi logic in the marketing of the Mirage. I am not knocking the Mirage itself.

I could live without traction control, TPMS, ABS brakes, & rear back up camera. Since some of those items are mandated, they aren't going away. I get that!

My point is this - If you are going to offer 5 trim levels of a vehicle, a true base model should exist. If not, go back to 2 or 3 trim levels & offer a manual/CVT option for each.
    Last edited by Mark; 07-04-2019 at 03:39 PM.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    In a way, that's possibly a good sign. By that I mean a good sign for the car, though a slightly worse sign for buyers looking for a screaming deal.

Supply & demand, right? High factory discounts indicate over-supply or falling demand. The fact that the Mirage's U.S. sales have been slightly increasing each year, while other manufacturers are cancelling their entry level economy cars tells us Mitsubishi is comfortable with low incentives to keep the metal moving.

There will always be a core group of buyers who value the idea of uncomplicated, small, efficient, affordable cars. With the cancellation of so many other options, maybe Mirage & Spark sales are benefitting. Thus the low rebates.
    I wonder why Mitsubishi chose to price the car as they did, with basically constant $2k-$4k rebates for years. The MSRP suggested it competing against cars which were obviously more upscale, while everyone was actually buying them for awesome prices. I wonder if the car would have gotten more positive reviews from the professionals if they took the real price into account.

The dealer I bought mine from is still offering $3k-$4k discounts on everything.