Page 76 of 87 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886 ... LastLast

Thread: How much did you pay for your Mirage?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    That's nothing! You should see what the wife owes on her Sorento after trading in her car that she still owed money on lol. They said they gave her around $15,000 for a trade in. Once we got home and crunched the numbers......They gave her nothing for the car and just added the previous loan to the new one. What a bargain!!
    The best cars to trade in are those 15-20 year old ones where they offer to throw in free car mats for it.

In some cases, that's better than passing on the headache to a friend.

I've changed my mind on vehicles in the past. I can't say that I ever traded one in that wasn't paid off, however. Now that 72 & 84 month car loans are being offered, I'm sure there's much more of that. I can't imagine buying a new vehicle & having to add in part of the loan from the past one.

If I couldn't pay off a vehicle in a year or two, I probably wouldn't buy it. Even if the interest rate is extremely low, I hate having a car payment. Not saying others have to be that way. I just have too many other things beside cars to spend money on.

Exactly! The wife and I don't see eye to eye when it comes to vehicles. I've never taken more than a few years to pay for any vehicle, mind you the most expensive vehicle I've owned was $15,000. Except for my Kawasaki but I only owe $4000 on that. I like knowing if I loose my job or lose some income I don't have to worry about making a car payment for the next 6-7 years.

But I'd sure like to have something nicer some days. But then I check my bank account and see how little I spend to drive the Mirage. Which reminds me, I still haven't ordered a replacement tire.....I've been running a worn 165 dunlop tire on the back and taller 175/65 winters for the other 3 for the last week or two.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Lot's of entires, and a little out of date, but I bought my 2018 Mirage ES CVT New in April of 2019 for 12,491 out the door. That was tax title doc fees, everything. I felt like it was a good deal.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mrfixit For This Useful Post:

inuvik (01-06-2021),Mark (01-06-2021)

Country
    Canada
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    2020 SE in Titanium Grey - MSRP $18,210 before taxes
    $3500 in rebates and persistence got me a price of $17,200 (Canadian) after taxes and levies and doc fees.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to vancouvermirage For This Useful Post:

inuvik (01-25-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Well... I may have been hosed. We paid $14,827.68 including all fees. Tim Short Mitsubishi drove it 4 hours to our driveway on Saturday. Ours is a 2021 Black hatchback ES 5MT. Of course they charge $145 for the tonneau cover. I think that used to be included. It also has the $190 armrest console. My wife likes the updated front end and I wanted a manual. I plan on upgrading a few things. We won't put many miles on it 5-7,000 per year.

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher_B View Post
    Well... I may have been hosed. We paid $14,827.68 including all fees. Tim Short Mitsubishi drove it 4 hours to our driveway on Saturday. Ours is a 2021 Black hatchback ES 5MT. Of course they charge $145 for the tonneau cover. I think that used to be included. It also has the $190 armrest console. My wife likes the updated front end and I wanted a manual. I plan on upgrading a few things. We won't put many miles on it 5-7,000 per year.
    It doesn't matter what you paid, there's always gonna be someone who got one cheaper. I think the day's of buying a new Mirage for $10k are over. It's crazy they now charge for that cover. A lot of people just take them out anyways.

Zip tie the end of your air cleaner snorkel down to the wiring harness before it starts rattling.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,562 Times in 1,120 Posts
    Could you have saved yourself more by traveling or engaging in contact sport negotiations with a dealer? Maybe, but you did fine IMHO.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by inuvik View Post
    Could you have saved yourself more by traveling or engaging in contact sport negotiations with a dealer? Maybe, but you did fine IMHO.
    We did get 0% for 48 months so at least we have that.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Christopher_B For This Useful Post:

inuvik (02-03-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,393 Times in 1,010 Posts
    Christopher B - I'm going to have to say that the actual price you paid (before taxes and dealer fees and all the other crap they come up with) is probably a) not too far out of line with others buying brand new ES 5 speeds, and b) more than likely very much in-line what others are going to pay for the new minor model changed 2021 ES 5 speeds.

So don't sweat it. From this point forward, enjoy the gas savings, and do all the maintenance to make it as reliable as is possible.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 7milesout For This Useful Post:

Fummins (02-03-2021),MirageRally (02-03-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    The base level Mirage has increased in price over the years like most everything in life. For the Mirage, however, the increase in price has come with some extras. Your 2021 ES manual comes with backup camera (mandatory now), Bluetooth, 6-way adjustable driver's seat, cruise control, & automatic climate controls. None of those features were standard on my 2017 ES manual. So it's hard to compare apples to apples these days, because you have some really nice extra features in 2021. Plus, you have the updated front end that most seem to like better.

I also think the days of brand new Mirages selling for under $10,000 are gone. If they do drop to that level again, you can kick yourself then. I don't think you have to worry about that. In the meantime, I would just enjoy your new Mirage!

In 2017, the carpeted floor mats and tonneau cover were not an extra charge. That changed in 2018 or 2019. I took my tonneau cover out the first day of ownership, & it hasn't been back in the car since. The same for the rear headrests, but I seldom have rear passengers in my Mirage. My back seats are down 90% of the time.

I hope you enjoy your new Mirage! I really like the 5-speed manual powertrain in the Mirage, too!