Page 80 of 87 FirstFirst ... 30707879808182 ... LastLast

Thread: How much did you pay for your Mirage?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,422 Times in 1,029 Posts
    Agreed - Body damage or not, you got a good deal. Congrats!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)

Quote Originally Posted by Cam123 View Post
    I paid $3500 for a 2015 Mitusibishi Mirage ES + with 85,100km today. The deal included a set of winter tires on rims! The car is not perfect:
    - cosmetic damage to front bumper
    - mostly repaired damage to rear bumper - showed up on Carfax report

However I think I am going to have a lot of fun with this little car.
    Well done, sounds like a bargain.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Sorry guys I missed all these posts. Been sort of busy today. Hunted around for a new cabin air filter because mine was pretty grungy. First crappy tire, and no filters for my little Mirage. Then called an auto parts store - zip. I called another parts store and the guy was able to order one from Sudbury, and it'll be here tomorrow morning. So a bit of a hunt but I got it! The car should smell much nicer once that's in there.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler
    You got the classic 1st gen front fascia. The coolest IMO. Most of the highly modded performance Mirages I've seen on you tube go with this 1st gen look.
    I knew there was something about this car that just screamed, "COOL!". Lol that is neat though, I'll tell that to my friend who's gonna make fun of it (he just got a big ol 2018 GMC truck with all the bells and whistles). I honestly think it's just real cute. I just washed the outside so it is looking just gorgeous now.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark
    Sounds like a good deal! Congrats & enjoy!
    I think it was! I am going to have fun with this little car. Gonna take good care of it too.

Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout
    Agreed - Body damage or not, you got a good deal. Congrats!
    Thanks! I don't mind the looks, but I think I may eventually try replacing the front bumper as a long term project.

Quote Originally Posted by Fummins
    Well done, sounds like a bargain.
    Thank you! I like the low price too, because I don't mind tinkering with it a bit. In the absolute worst case scenario I seriously mess something essential up and I'd have to scrap the car. It would suck, but it wouldn't financially cripple me, you know? I might go out and pop the hood with the manual open to find out what's what in there.

Also, thanks for your input on the A/C! I haven't used it yet because it's been so cool, but I know it will be good when the heat and humidity come.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I'm late to this thread, but I bought my 2014 ES CVT new in the summer of 2014 for $11,900, plus TTT and dealer fee, with an OTD price of $13,300. The MSRP was $16,265, so it felt like a great deal to me on a brand new, top spec car. I'm hoping I can find another deal similar to that in 2022 with comparable features. I'd be willing to pay a little more perhaps to step up to the top trim. I like the nicer wheels, plaid upholstery, and LED headlights. My night vision isn't the best.

Country
    Canada
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Hi everyone,

New to the forum but have been doing research here the past couple of months.

Bought a 2018 ES Plus? MT with 29k km for about 10k Canadian (with brand new all seasons and slightly used winters) a couple of weeks ago. Car is in practically mint condition given how little it has been driven. I say ES Plus? because the vehicle itself was listed as an ES, and after going through a vin decoder, there doesn't seem to be any indicator of the "plus" aspect. The reason why I believe it's the plus is that it has the carplay/android auto display along with ac and full power mirrors/windows all around. Climate controls are manual, not auto/digital.

Anyways, although used, the price seemed great given that new MT base models end up around 16-17k Cad with less options than this has.

Overall super happy with the car so far. The saying of it's funner to drive a slow car fast than a fast car slow definitely rings loudly hear, coming from a 92 evo 1 :P

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kigin For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (09-27-2021),Fummins (09-27-2021),Mark (09-27-2021)

Country
    Russian Federation
    Thanks
    Hi all,
    New to the forum here! I just found out this forum and would like to share that I bought my brand new, had been sitting in the dealers lot for almost a year kind of Mirage - 2020 CVT Mirage ES hatchback in late Jun 2021 for 13k US$ OTD, paid cash and just walk out straight with the car. So far I enjoyed the car and clocked ~6500 miles by now. The only complain about the car so far is a very snail like accuracy for highway driving.
    Just wondering if anyone here can confirm if I can use the stock 14" steel wheel with wider 175/65R 14" tire?
    Thank you
    Last edited by punpun; 12-28-2021 at 11:51 PM.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,712 Times in 2,123 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by punpun View Post
    Hi all,
    New to the forum here! I just found out this forum and would like to share that I bought my brand new, had been sitting in the dealers lot for almost a year kind of Mirage - 2020 CVT Mirage ES hatchback in late Jun 2021 for 13k US$ OTD, paid cash and just walk out straight with the car. So far I enjoyed the car and clocked ~6500 miles by now. The only complain about the car so far is a very snail like accuracy for highway driving.
    Just wondering if anyone here can confirm if I can use the stock 14" steel wheel with wider 175/65R 14" tire?
    Thank you
    Welcome to the forum! Compared to current prices, $13,000 OTD looks really good these days.

175/65r14 tires will fit perfectly fine on 14" x 4.5" steel rims.

145-175 mm wide tires are recommended for 4.5" wide rims.

175/65r14 (23") is the most logical alternative to 165/65r14 (22.4" diameter) factory size tires. Some members feel the speedometer may be more accurate with the slightly larger tires, too.
    Last edited by Mark; 12-29-2021 at 12:13 AM.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    2020 ES hatch 5 speed manual, 7 inch screen, sapphire blue.

11k USD off of the showroom floor last year
    Last edited by ThatOneMirage; 07-20-2022 at 10:16 PM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to ThatOneMirage For This Useful Post:

inuvik (07-20-2022)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Got my in 2017 model in 2019 for ~10-11k with 30k miles on it. It was previously used as a rental. If I had known what I know now I would not have bought a car used as a rental with 30,000 hard miles on it, but it has been nothing but reliable so far at 80,000 miles. I also should have negotiated the APR of the loan, which was 14-16% ish

I just did a build and price after seeing they're dropping the MT for 2023 in the US. According to their website I can get a new 5 speed Mirage for $17,193Cad all in(ish). So $13,107.94 USD. They only offer them in grey or white(for an extra $450) and I don't think they have cruise, rear power windows or keyless entry.

I see a of little vehicles being cancelled lately. They quit selling the Nv200(little cargo van), I hear Ford is gonna quit selling the Transit connect next year. https://www.roadandtrack.com/news/a4...News%20reports.

I'm not in the market for a new car atm and don't want to have to finance one but for under $300($228usd) a month for 5 years it's kinda hard to turn down.

Last edited by Fummins; 08-31-2022 at 06:19 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)