Page 81 of 87 FirstFirst ... 31717980818283 ... LastLast

Thread: How much did you pay for your Mirage?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    I just did a build and price after seeing they're dropping the MT for 2023 in the US. According to their website I can get a new 5 speed Mirage for $17,193Cad all in(ish). So $13,107.94 USD. They only offer them in grey or white(for an extra $450) and I don't think they have cruise, rear power windows or keyless entry.

I see a of little vehicles being cancelled lately. They quit selling the Nv200(little cargo van), I hear Ford is gonna quit selling the Transit connect next year. https://www.roadandtrack.com/news/a4...News%20reports.

I'm not in the market for a new car atm and don't want to have to finance one but for under $300($228usd) a month for 5 years it's kinda hard to turn down.
    Just remember that even if you find another econobox with mt different than the mirage, prices only go up. The new car can be your Sunday driver.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 automatic: 46.2 mpg (US) ... 19.6 km/L ... 5.1 L/100 km ... 55.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Germany
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,172 Times in 675 Posts
    Thankfully, in this part of the world there is no shortage of economical cars.
    I paid about €8000 for mine when it was new, being about US$ 8000 today. It is a 1.0L MT with A/C, radio, etc.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to foama For This Useful Post:

mohammad (09-08-2022)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I live in the land of jacked up diesel trucks and SUVs

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 automatic: 46.2 mpg (US) ... 19.6 km/L ... 5.1 L/100 km ... 55.5 mpg (Imp)

Quote Originally Posted by jbarr View Post
    I live in the land of jacked up diesel trucks and SUVs
    Ditto. I have been seeing a ton of Tesla's over the last year out where I live. I'll keep my $1000 Mirage for a while longer. I have a big diesel chugging truck that sit's 95% of the time.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,422 Times in 1,029 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    Ditto. I have been seeing a ton of Tesla's over the last year out where I live. I'll keep my $1000 Mirage for a while longer. I have a big diesel chugging truck that sit's 95% of the time.
    I have a big diesel truck that sits 95% of the time too. Where I live is a bunch of soccer moms (wearing baseball style caps) driving BMW X7s, Infiniti QX80s, Audi Q7s, Porsche whatever their SUV is called, and youth type boys riding in the biggest loudest truck they can find (and asking if I'll sell mine). Youth girls seem to be infatuated with white Jeep Wranglers, and their idiot parents buy them brand new for them for playing bumper car in the school parking lot. Lots of dudes where I live buy wranglers too and add every single aftermarket accessory that's ever been made for them. They add $20k in accessories to a $50k wrangler. And never see dirt.

Meanwhile, I'm driving my $11k Mirage while they judge me as inferior...

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to 7milesout For This Useful Post:

Fummins (09-09-2022)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I have a 2014 Mirage ES, it was bought by my GF in 2018 for 14k USD and I bought it from her for the remainder of the loan around 8-9k in 2019. (She hated it. She drives a Turbo Beetle now.)

Edit: Just checked and the car is valued now at ~ 3,700USD. Considering the number of dents from Houstonians who can't drive their oversized trucks through parking lots, I am sure the real value is much, much, much lower.
    Last edited by Nifty_Biscuit; 09-09-2022 at 10:48 PM.

Welcome!

Dents add character.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    in 2019 i got mine for $8000. 48k miles G4 with es trim and manual transmission free window tint purchased in mayfield,ky

11. The Following User Says Thank You to cyberdriver For This Useful Post:

inuvik (09-12-2022)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,711 Times in 2,122 Posts
    I didn't want to start a new thread. So I dug out an old one.

I like window shopping at times even though I have no intention of buying something. I tend to look at the Mitsubishi Mirage & Honda Fit cars that are for sale (500 mile radius). I use a manual transmission as my first sort, & that keeps the number of vehicles to compare quite small.

Overall, I would say used car prices have come down some. I think companies like CarMax & Carvana have screwed themselves, however. When comparing cars a few months ago, their prices didn't look as outrageous as they do now. Everything was way overpriced for a time, & to some degree it still is.

If I had to replace my Mirage today, I think I could find a used Mirage or Fit that I would feel good about buying. CarMax & Carvana used car prices, however, are nuts! I honestly think they are stuck with a lot of inventory that they will not sell or will lose money on when they do. Since they have been taking advantage of customers with high prices for quite some time, do I feel bad for them?

No!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I may have to replace my mirage soon, so I hope that the prices do continue coming down. I would like to get a 17 or a 21 if I have to switch, I like how the 21 looks but I don't like touchscreens and infotainment systems in cars.