Page 83 of 87 FirstFirst ... 33738182838485 ... LastLast

Thread: How much did you pay for your Mirage?

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Atras View Post
    I got a used 2018 Mirage G4 GLS got for about $9,000.00 USD including insurance.

Just got it like 2 weeks ago!
    I lucked out and paid, IIRC, about $1500 Canadian ($1125 US), 2014, 239,000Kms, SE trim, 5MT, good shape, very good. This was in 2019 just before used prices started to skyrocket.

For other brands last week I could have purchased a cherry Mazda 2 5MT with 240,000kms, $2100

Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,416 Times in 1,024 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallythacker View Post
    For other brands last week I could have purchased a cherry Mazda 2 5MT with 240,000kms, $2100
    I do like the Mazda 2. A 5MT would be great. Preferably with 0 kms.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,709 Times in 2,120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    I do like the Mazda 2. A 5MT would be great. Preferably with 0 kms.
    I sort of looked at used small hatchbacks for years, & the Mazda 2 was definitely one of them. I have never driven one, but I suspect they would handle nice. Plus, Mazda vehicles go Zoom-Zoom!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,416 Times in 1,024 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    I sort of looked at used small hatchbacks for years, & the Mazda 2 was definitely one of them. I have never driven one, but I suspect they would handle nice. Plus, Mazda vehicles go Zoom-Zoom!
    That's true. I had a FD3S (3rd generation RX-7). Not exactly stock. It went Zoom-Zoom in a large way.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks

15' DE It's paid off and it's paying off.

7200 132/mo for 60 15' DE manual w Bluetooth. I'm in Columbus, Ohio area.
    Better MPG saves the environment and me money!

Country
    Canada
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    $6500 Cad ($4900 USD) for Mirage 2015 auto 170k KM.It did have a cracked windshield fixed for $200 cad however..
    OK price considering the market.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    20k USD with a predatory loan for a 2022 5MT ES with 6k miles, perfect condition not so much as a scratch on anything. There was maybe a mote of dust on the rear seat but I can't be sure.

I overpaid for what this car is but my company is paying it off for me anyways so *shrug*. Technically free except what I'm paying for mods and accessories. What the company reimburses me covers the car note and gas AND the note is helping rebuild my credit. I already re-financed and took over $100 USD off per month, might do it again next year when my credit gets out of the E.R.
    2022 Mirage ES [5MT/Infrared/OEM+] / 2015 CR-V EX [CVT/Black Pearl/Modded]
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

8. The Following User Says Thank You to jonesboro For This Useful Post:

inuvik (06-28-2023)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jonesboro View Post
    20k USD with a predatory loan for a 2022 5MT ES with 6k miles, perfect condition not so much as a scratch on anything. There was maybe a mote of dust on the rear seat but I can't be sure.

I overpaid for what this car is but my company is paying it off for me anyways so *shrug*. Technically free except what I'm paying for mods and accessories. What the company reimburses me covers the car note and gas AND the note is helping rebuild my credit. I already re-financed and took over $100 USD off per month, might do it again next year when my credit gets out of the E.R.
    You only over paid by like $1500. Don't feel too bad. The avg OTD price on a new Mirage is over $18k easy. What do you do where your job pays your car note? I'm just curious, I drive a lot for work when I'm not living at the airport.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,565 Times in 1,122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jonesboro View Post

Granted it's no fun paying over MSRP but these days only getting soaked for $1500 isn't catastrophic in the big picture. And you've already done the smart thing by refinancing anyway. And yeah if you can refi in another year and save yourself some more coin than go for it! Is your employer paying you a flat rate per mile driven? If so you're probably actually making $$ on the mileage rate along with your wage. Just maintain that CVT (which you can totally do yourself) and regular oil changes and you'll be good to go for literally hundreds of thousands of miles / kilometers.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    What do you do where your job pays your car note? I'm just curious, I drive a lot for work when I'm not living at the airport.
    I install and maintain copy machines, printers, wide format plotters, medical equipment, and autonomous industrial robots. I currently have around 800 machines in my care. On a busy week I can drive 1000 miles easily.

Quote Originally Posted by inuvik View Post
    Granted it's no fun paying over MSRP but these days only getting soaked for $1500 isn't catastrophic in the big picture. And you've already done the smart thing by refinancing anyway. And yeah if you can refi in another year and save yourself some more coin than go for it! Is your employer paying you a flat rate per mile driven? If so you're probably actually making $$ on the mileage rate along with your wage. Just maintain that CVT (which you can totally do yourself) and regular oil changes and you'll be good to go for literally hundreds of thousands of miles / kilometers.
    I've got the 5MT and not the CVT, but yeah I'm very diligent about car maintenance. I like how easy the Mirage is to work on so it shouldn't be a problem.

My employer pays a rate based on the class of vehicle + milage since they don't do company vehicles. The reimbursement ends up covering at least the car note and gas by itself so it's a win.

Last edited by jonesboro; 06-28-2023 at 07:38 AM.
    2022 Mirage ES [5MT/Infrared/OEM+] / 2015 CR-V EX [CVT/Black Pearl/Modded]
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12. The Following User Says Thank You to jonesboro For This Useful Post:

inuvik (06-28-2023)