Page 66 of 87 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876 ... LastLast

Thread: How much did you pay for your Mirage?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallythacker View Post
    Sooner or later I'm going to slip and let out what I paid for my 2014 so I'll reveal it now. I suspect at this point I hold the record for the cheapest Mirage in roadworthy condition without being a salvage or writeoff. The car is amazingly clean. Underhood has less rust and evidence of age than my 2017.

$1600 CDN or about $1214.31 USD. SE trim, 239,000Kms or 145,790 miles. Condition. 9/10.

This was either a $11,200 CDN car out the door or a $20,000 CDN car out the door.

I say both those prices because I bought a brand new 2014 SE trim in very late 2016 and I paid $11,200 CDN OTD but the sticker on this car in 2014 would have been $15,898 plus freight, PDI, sneaky dealer charges + 13% taxes!!! which makes it a $20,000 CDN car.
    It's really hard to compare the Canadian market to the U.S. market. The trim levels are different in some cases, and that makes comparing apples to apples even harder. Our base level ES is close your ES Plus, however.

I bought a new Mirage in 2017, because very little was added to the overall price of the car. This is why I will only discuss OTD pricing with dealers. I don't have the time or patience to let them play their little pricing game.

My 2017 Mirage ES MANUAL (with added Bluetooth, center armrest, & PULSE lighting) was $9299.
    The price was under 66% window sticker. If I had qualified for some of the special rebates (loyalty customer, military, or whatever), this car would have been cheaper.

$854.70 was added to my final purchase price.
    That includes the Wisconsin sales tax (5.5% for my county), destination fee, documentation fees, dealership's lifetime/unlimited mileage powertrain warranty, new plates, registration fee, etc.

$10,153.70 was the OTD price that I paid, & this is why I decided to buy a new Mirage.
    Dealer (4 hours away) delivering the car to my home sealed the deal.
    I want to add the dealer did not have my car on their lot. They got my 1st color choice from another dealer and delivered it to me for this OTD price. They apologized for showing up in my driveway without a full tank of gas, too! Not all dealers are alike!

Saying a Mirage becomes $20,000 OTD is a bit of an exaggeration.

Someone, however, did paid $23,000 OTD recently for a 2019 G4 SE. A different person on this forum bought two new 2017 Mirages for less than that OTD (approximately $21,000 total). Once again, we are not comparing apples to apples, but two new Mirages being cheaper than one is a huge difference in pricing regardless of the car being a hatchback/sedan & trim levels. Bells & whistles, added rust protection, wheel protection, etc... comes at an extreme cost. These added items and financing are how dealers are making money on cars these days.

I paid 44% of 23,000 OTD. The difference of $13,000 can buy a lot of wheels/tires, & features really don't matter to me. I lost a Dunlop tire to a sidewall blow out @15,000 miles. It cost me less than $100 to buy two new tires, which I feel are superior to the factory Dunlop tires anyways. What are the odds of damaging a wheel (steel or alloy) & having to replace it? You can get a new steel wheel for $50.

I bought a Mirage because I felt it was affordable, reliable, & economical. If you take any of those traits out of the equation, I would have very little interest in this car. I really like my Mirage, but regardless of features & add on items I would never pay a lot of money for one.

Now that I have owned a Mirage for two years, I would also be more inclined to buy a used 2017-19 ES manual or 2017 SE manual if needed to replace mine. Cars are money pits. A Mirage can make the pit less deep, & I like that!

Last edited by Mark; 12-15-2019 at 03:45 PM.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    23K wow, I'd say that's expensive, must have been someones dream car. Get talking about how some people have bought 2 for less than the price of one and I got an idea.

Here's how much I paid for my total fleet(purchase price, tax, and title). Mirage certainly has the lions share.
    Name:  compare.JPG
Views: 712
Size:  10.8 KB

But make that same graph by initial mileage and it makes more sense.
    Name:  miles.JPG
Views: 758
Size:  10.9 KB

3. The Following User Says Thank You to MacClyver For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (12-15-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MacClyver View Post
    23K wow, I'd say that's expensive, must have been someones dream car.
    It's post #643 in this thread (posted a couple days ago). I am not saying these things to make anyone feel bad. If you value features and add on items, there is nothing wrong with that.

It's how dealers are making money on car now. Especially, when huge discounts need to be offered to move them off their lots.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

MacClyver (12-15-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Including Title transfer, new Inspection Sticker $4200,
    2014 Mirage DE,
    60,100 miles at purchase (06/11/19)
    recently 76,850, (12/28/19)

Cross my fingers and hope I get five years out of this one. Since I drive for work I put 30-40,000 miles a year on my car.

Edit: Haven't been updating my fuel log, the begining few were the worst, during summer I averaged 47.5mpg 50mpg highest I saw. I'll het on my laptop at some point and take an hour putting my receipts in. Now during the winter I'm averaging 45.5
    Last edited by Avgjohndoe; 01-04-2020 at 09:08 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage 1.2 automatic: 36.7 mpg (US) ... 15.6 km/L ... 6.4 L/100 km ... 44.1 mpg (Imp)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Avgjohndoe For This Useful Post:

inuvik (01-05-2020)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    I purchased my white 2015 Mirage in December of 2019. It has 77000 miles. I did not get an owners manual with it, so I.m not sure about the trim level. It has a CVT, Alloy wheels, push button start, and push button key less entry, A/C, cruise control, power windows, and door locks. Great sound system (controls on steering wheel also), with Bluetooth.

I paid $3800 for it, and it was $4200 out the door, tax, tag transfer, and title. I have put 4 new Cooper Evolution tires on it, new motor mounts installed (OEM very expensive). Had the oil changed and the transmission flushed. The front rotors and pads were also replaced. I now have a total of $5740 in the car. It runs great, looks like new, smells good, and tremendously pleased with the MPG. I have plans to soundproof the entire interior (have already bought the materials), also will do a little modding in the future, still researching for the best. In general, the reviews on the Mirage aren't the best, but in RL it's a great little car.
    Last edited by JohnYuma; 01-08-2020 at 07:27 PM.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to JohnYuma For This Useful Post:

inuvik (01-08-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnYuma View Post
    I purchased my white 2015 Mirage in December of 2019. It has 77000 miles. I did not get an owners manual with it, so I.m not sure about the trim level. It has a CVT, Alloy wheels, push button start, and push button key less entry, A/C, cruise control, power windows, and door locks. Great sound system (controls on steering wheel also), with Bluetooth.

I paid $3800 for it, and it was $4200 out the door, tax, tag transfer, and title. I have put 4 new Cooper Evolution tires on it, new motor mounts installed (OEM very expensive). Had the oil changed and the transmission flushed. The front rotors and pads were also replaced. I now have a total of $5740 in the car. It runs great, looks like new, smells good, and tremendously pleased with the MPG. I have plans to soundproof the entire interior (have already bought the materials), also will do a little modding in the future, still researching for the best. In general, the reviews on the Mirage aren't the best, but in RL it's a great little car.
    Sounds like your Mirage has found a good home, & you take really good care of the things. Given everything you have listed, you would have an upper trim level. Upper trim levels were the ES, and now the ES (2017+) is the base trim level. That adds to the confusion.

I have a 2017 PDF owner's manual downloaded on my laptop. I look at it all the time. Easier than digging my manual out of my glove box all the time.

I bought used when the Mirage was highly discounted. Now that I have owned one for a couple years, I wouldn't hesitate to buy a good used like you did.

After some time, I would like to hear your opinion of the Cooper Evolution tires. Are you using 175/65-14, 175/55-15, or some other size? Cooper tires are very common in my area. The Evolution is an updated new model. It would be nice to hear your thoughts on them in the future.

Sounds like you are already enjoying your Mirage! I would say the same!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,786 Times in 2,105 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnYuma View Post
    I purchased my white 2015 Mirage in December of 2019. It has 77000 miles. I did not get an owners manual with it, so I.m not sure about the trim level.
    Register as an owner with Mitsubishi online and you can access your Owner's Manual and your Monroney window sticker. I also have a 2015 ES, but with a manual transmission.

I also would like to hear more about your Cooper Evolutions.

You get to make a Garage entry!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Sounds like your Mirage has found a good home, & you take really good care of the things. Given everything you have listed, you would have an upper trim level. Upper trim levels were the ES, and now the ES (2017+) is the base trim level. That adds to the confusion.

I have a 2017 PDF owner's manual downloaded on my laptop. I look at it all the time. Easier than digging my manual out of my glove box all the time.

I bought used when the Mirage was highly discounted. Now that I have owned one for a couple years, I wouldn't hesitate to buy a good used like you did.

After some time, I would like to hear your opinion of the Cooper Evolution tires. Are you using 175/65-14, 175/55-15, or some other size? Cooper tires are very common in my area. The Evolution is an updated new model. It would be nice to hear your thoughts on them in the future.

Sounds like you are already enjoying your Mirage! I would say the same!
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Register as an owner with Mitsubishi online and you can access your Owner's Manual and your Monroney window sticker. I also have a 2015 ES, but with a manual transmission.

I also would like to hear more about your Cooper Evolutions.

You get to make a Garage entry!
    Hi Mark, Hi Egg, Thanks for your comments. To answer your questions about the Cooper Evolution's, I had read a few reviews, and the Evolutions were rated in the top 10 for the quietest tires, mid grade and up. I feel I made the right choice, the rides a little bit more comfortable, and they are noticeably quieter. I paid $371 out the door Discount Tires), which included a "Life of Tire Maintenance Contract". I also received a 15% rebate of the total price, which I will receive as a money card. Car handles a little better too.

Thanks for the tip on the owners manual, I've got to get one.

I've researched all the major manufacturers and there are no performance mods made specifically for the Mirage. It appears everything is made overseas, mainly in Asia, with no store fronts, or marketing efforts here in the USA. Which is a pity, I'd like to have a little bit more performance out my massive 3 cylinder. I hope to get many miles out of this little urban cruiser, and of course the MPG is fantastic..

The car the Mirage replaced was a 1999 Mazda Miata 5 SPD convertible. IMHO one of the greatest all around "small" sports cars made. A very fine and exciting ride, but I had to sell it due to physical limitations, (getting old). I mean its hard to make a grand entrance out of your red shiny sports car, when it takes 5 minutes to get out of it..LOL

Cheers....Peace

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JohnYuma For This Useful Post:

Eggman (01-11-2020),inuvik (01-10-2020)

Country
    UK
    Thanks
    Oops Chad missed this. I paid £ notes for my 2017 Mirage Juro in June 2019.
    Specification includes Push Button start/stop, AS&G, Cruise Control, Heated Seats, Automatic Headlights, Automatic Wipers, Climate Control and a steering wheel to boot. £6000 as I threw cash at him, saved my self £1000 from the sticker price.
    Didn't do me much good though the extra £1000 was spent on a gun and copious amounts of God's water, (Whisky) couldn't be happier.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I paid $15,713.83, excluding interest. The paperwork was a little confusing so I based it on the loan amount plus the down payment. It includes an extended warranty and gap insurance(the latter was not really needed, in retrospect since it is already paid off. It was my first new car purchase, and I didn't do all my research before buying one, so I went with it thinking I was erring on the side of caution). If I went without gap insurance, it would have cost a little less than $15000. In total I paid a little less than $16,000, counting interest. That includes taxes, transfer title, and everything to walk out with the car and pay off the car in 4 months.The interest rate wasn't great, so I was motivated to pay it off quickly.

This is for the CVT. The MSRP is $14,995 for CVT. So counting the extra exclusionary warranty, it's a deal if it lasts me 10 years, which I hope to use it for that long, at the very least.

If you count car insurance, for me it's around $730 annually. Gas is about $75/month or $900.I don't plan to drive as much as I do now, so that could be $300 a year-assuming similar gas prices. Excluding maintenance costs (not the maintenance itself, which I will pay for) and any replacement parts, the total cost of owning this car is around $3230 per year if I use it 10 years. I am an optimist, however

Last edited by highwire; 01-16-2020 at 09:34 PM.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to highwire For This Useful Post:

inuvik (01-17-2020)