Page 78 of 87 FirstFirst ... 28687677787980 ... LastLast

Thread: How much did you pay for your Mirage?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,422 Times in 1,029 Posts
    I know you're right Dirk, about the interior size and fit of passengers. But I figured, at my point in life, I probably would carry more than 1 passenger very rarely. And that even though the G4 may carry passengers better, the Hatch would do it too, just with less space. So far, seems I made the right decision, really liking the Hatch.

As for your dad's thinking, I believe he is 100% right. When The Warden and I had our small 3rd child, we skipped the big SUV mistake and went right to a minivan. The minivan outperformed an SUV in every way. One time we took our Honda Oddity and went out west. Fully loaded me, The Warden, and 3 sons. The area behind the seats was crammed full of luggage but only reached the height of the back of the 3rd row (due to the well back there) and did not block the rear view. If that had been done in an SUV, it would have had to put a lot of luggage on the roof or one of those rear hitch carriers. No complaints from the passengers on that whole trip.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to 7milesout For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (05-11-2021)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    I know you're right Dirk, about the interior size and fit of passengers. But I figured, at my point in life, I probably would carry more than 1 passenger very rarely. And that even though the G4 may carry passengers better, the Hatch would do it too, just with less space. So far, seems I made the right decision, really liking the Hatch.

As for your dad's thinking, I believe he is 100% right. When The Warden and I had our small 3rd child, we skipped the big SUV mistake and went right to a minivan. The minivan outperformed an SUV in every way. One time we took our Honda Oddity and went out west. Fully loaded me, The Warden, and 3 sons. The area behind the seats was crammed full of luggage but only reached the height of the back of the 3rd row (due to the well back there) and did not block the rear view. If that had been done in an SUV, it would have had to put a lot of luggage on the roof or one of those rear hitch carriers. No complaints from the passengers on that whole trip.
    If Mitsubishi put out their new Delica AWC Mini-mini van in this market I'm convinced it'd sell. It would thousands less than a Sienna and smaller too. For a family of 4 it looks perfect and its quirky looking but appealing in an odd way that its not a traditional mini-van. IMO it'd be a nice part of the NA Mitsu lineup.

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    I thought I had posted this already but I don't see it.

I'm trying to get a 2021 Mirage ES 5 speed. I'm aware of the $10,500 otd price WB offered a few months ago.

I am assuming this price was with all of the discounts applied.

I'm an out of state buyer so my otd price doesn't include tax, but it does include the $500 military discount.

$13,110 is the best price they could give me. I'm assuming delivery is another $1000.

I feel $12k is a far price to far. Yes there is a semiconductor shortage and used prices are hyperinflated. $1k isn't that much extra but when it's relative price to the car it is. What are your thoughts on this price?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,712 Times in 2,123 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Redoubt View Post
    I thought I had posted this already but I don't see it.

I'm trying to get a 2021 Mirage ES 5 speed. I'm aware of the $10,500 otd price WB offered a few months ago.

I am assuming this price was with all of the discounts applied.

I'm an out of state buyer so my otd price doesn't include tax, but it does include the $500 military discount.

$13,110 is the best price they could give me. I'm assuming delivery is another $1000.

I feel $12k is a far price to far. Yes there is a semiconductor shortage and used prices are hyperinflated. $1k isn't that much extra but when it's relative price to the car it is. What are your thoughts on this price?
    OTD price is everything including sales tax for your state. WB never lists their OTD price. No one does that!

I have bought a Mirage from White Bear in the past, and this is how that deal would have gone down a couple months ago. I think I just listed this yesterday somewhere else?

$10,999 was the price for everyone, & that includes destination charge.
    $9,999 after the $1,000 loyalty rebate at the time.
    $9,499 after the $500 military rebate.
    $8,999 after the $500 VIP rebate.

I was not aware of any financing cash back going at the time, but a brand new Mirage ES manual was $8,999-$10,999 @ White Bear a couple months ago. A forum member in North Carolina paid $10,400 OTD and that price included delivering the car to his home for free. This tells me his Mirage was priced under $10,000 brand new (after some added rebates)

I wouldn't discuss sale price with a Mitsubishi dealership, because that's a joke. I would only discuss OTD (out-the-door) price, but that' me. What will it cost to drive off with the car? I wouldn't even visit a dealership before knowing this. I would make them work to get you there. It's a fair question to ask, too! OTD price to me means everything is included. It will not cost me an extra penny to drive off.

Since the 2021 Mirage ES manual have come out, I would estimate slightly under $12,000 OTD has been the best price I have seen. That's provided you didn't qualify for the loyalty, military, & VIP rebates at the time, & your state sales tax is in that 4-6% range.

Today's pricing seems to be a couple more thousand more than that.

I saved approximately $3,500 OTD buying my Mirage from WB in 2017 verses my local Mitsubishi dealership, & WB delivered my Mirage. I never even visited them once, because they are approximately 4 hours away.
    Last edited by Mark; 06-19-2021 at 11:36 PM.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Hi. New here.

Bought a new 2020 Mirage ES. Paid 15750 for the car, 17000 out the door. This was just 2 weeks ago. Buying a car right now sucks but we had to do it. After looking at 8 to 9 k used cars that all were at least 80k miles and the bull**** dealers are pulling we just decided to go new, get a warranty, and apply a little lube. At least interest rates are low (1.9% for us).

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to apr67 For This Useful Post:

Fummins (08-12-2021),inuvik (08-12-2021)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by apr67 View Post
    Hi. New here.

Bought a new 2020 Mirage ES. Paid 15750 for the car, 17000 out the door. This was just 2 weeks ago. Buying a car right now sucks but we had to do it. After looking at 8 to 9 k used cars that all were at least 80k miles and the bull**** dealers are pulling we just decided to go new, get a warranty, and apply a little lube. At least interest rates are low (1.9% for us).
    You made the right move in this crappy market. Don't feel too bad, in pre-covid you would of gotten a mid trim Mirage for $17k but the base ES comes with everything you need and then some.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Dirk Diggler For This Useful Post:

apr67 (08-12-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    We bought a new Jeep in late June while on a 5 week vacation in Michigan due to a tree totaling our car.. We had the tread lightly membership that gets you 1% below invoice, found a dealer that had a jeep we could live with and who would honor the code, showed up and bought it.

2 days later they called us. They sold it way too cheap, they looked at the wrong invoice (exact same jeep except a wrangler vs wrangler unlimited) and wanted us to resign paperwork for $3500 more.

Yeah. Like they would have called me if the mistake was the other way. My karma is even now.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to apr67 For This Useful Post:

Fummins (08-12-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,824 Times in 2,130 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by apr67 View Post
    We bought a new Jeep in late June while on a 5 week vacation in Michigan due to a tree totaling our car.. We had the tread lightly membership that gets you 1% below invoice, found a dealer that had a jeep we could live with and who would honor the code, showed up and bought it.

2 days later they called us. They sold it way too cheap, they looked at the wrong invoice (exact same jeep except a wrangler vs wrangler unlimited) and wanted us to resign paperwork for $3500 more.

Yeah. Like they would have called me if the mistake was the other way. My karma is even now.
    Hello apr67 and welcome to the forum.

Good thing you didn’t give them any more money. Dealers can be frustrating, and I’ve heard bad things about Florida dealers in particular. Where did you get your Jeep Wrangler Unlimited, and your Mirage?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Hello apr67 and welcome to the forum.

Good thing you didn’t give them any more money. Dealers can be frustrating, and I’ve heard bad things about Florida dealers in particular. Where did you get your Jeep Wrangler Unlimited, and your Mirage?
    I don't know if dealers anywhere are better, we have a few places that I would recommend, Off Lease Only is fair and offers simple pricing and a no haggle sales experience, I love that place.

Jeep was in Richmond Michigan. Mitsu was Tallahassee Mitsubishi.

I don't remember if I ever posted what I paid for my current 2014 Mirage? I paid $1000 back in Feb for a high roller edition Cvt Mirage with 283,xxxkms and a questionable cvt. I planned on replacing the transmission immediately but it won't die. So far all I've done was get a new windshield, front brakes and swapped the tires over from my other car. I haven't really done anything else to it 6 months and 6000 kms later. The transmission can be finicky at times but it's still hanging in there.

It's probably the the most practical, money and time saving vehicle I've ever owned.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (08-12-2021),dspace9 (08-12-2021)