Page 74 of 87 FirstFirst ... 2464727374757684 ... LastLast

Thread: How much did you pay for your Mirage?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,471 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by davidricardo86 View Post
    ...off-centered steering wheel...
    Don't read too much into that. It may be nothing. As long as you don't need to hold the steering wheel off center to keep the car from drifting one way or the other, it may be fine.

Sometimes the workers don't properly center the steering wheel before the front end alignment is done at the factory. What you can end up with is a car that tracks perfectly fine down the road, but the steering wheel is a few degrees off to one side. It's a little annoying and not uncommon in a Mirage...but it doesn't hurt anything and this condition is easily corrected.

My steering wheel has been off-center since the day I bought it new. It looks like this when I'm driving straight...

Name:  off_center.jpg
Views: 550
Size:  71.3 KB

I just had my car aligned a few days ago and the shop took care of it. Now my car goes straight ahead when the steering wheel is centered.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by davidricardo86 View Post
    I recently (10/22/2020) purchased a used 2015 Mitsubishi Mirage DE with a manual transmission for $5,250.

I had to finance the car so here's the breakdown directly from the contract:

Cash price: $5,595
    Down payment: $1,000
    Unpaid balance: $4,595
    License, title, taxes: $781
    Optional ERT fee: $25
    Dealer service fee: $195
    GAP: $395
    Total other charges: $1,396
    Amount financed: $5,991.00

Annual percentage rate: 4.50%
    Finance charge: $710.40 (interest owed)
    Amount financed: $5,991.00
    Total of payments: $6,701.40
    Total sale price: $7,701.40 (with $1,000 down payment)
    Number of payments: 60
    Monthly payment: $111.69
    I would question the other charges ($1,396), but I'm sure that was explained to you.

If I am buying a car, I negotiate the OTD (out-the-door). I was told $1,000 extra was needed to close the deal on a brand new Mirage in 2017, & I paid $855 (using Wisconsin sales tax) total. That included everything - tax, title, new Wisconsin plates, documentation fees, etc...

I would question a $5,250 becoming 7,701.40 Mirage some, but $111.69/month payments aren't bad. If you don't mind paying that for 5 years, I would be happy about it all.
    Last edited by Mark; 10-31-2020 at 12:16 AM.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    I would question the other charges ($1,396), but I'm sure that was explained to you.

If I am buying a car, I negotiate the OTD (out-the-door). I was told $1,000 extra was needed to close the deal on a brand new Mirage in 2017, & I paid $855 (using Wisconsin sales tax) total. That included everything - tax, title, new Wisconsin plates, documentation fees, etc... I paid less than 66% window sticker and $855 was added to that. I wasn't charge anything extra beyond that, & they delivered the car to my driveway.

I would question a $5,250 becoming 7,701.40 Mirage some, but $111.69/month payments aren't bad. If you don't mind paying that for 5 years, I would be happy about it all.
    The OP itemized “other charges”. I think the taxes and registration charge is reasonable. ERT fee is optional and OP chose it. GAP insurance is also a personal choice. The only charge that can be considered “rip-off” is dealer fee, but I’ve seen worse dealer fees.

OP - I think you did good. Cosmetic damages on this car is unpreventable. I used to care but I don’t as much anymore I think there’s always self-doubt when buying a used car. I experienced the same. But what’s done is done and as long as the car runs well without major issues, that’s all we can hope for

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by newtomit View Post
    The OP itemized “other charges”. I think the taxes and registration charge is reasonable. ERT fee is optional and OP chose it. GAP insurance is also a personal choice. The only charge that can be considered “rip-off” is dealer fee, but I’ve seen worse dealer fees.

OP - I think you did good. Cosmetic damages on this car is unpreventable. I used to care but I don’t as much anymore I think there’s always self-doubt when buying a used car. I experienced the same. But what’s done is done and as long as the car runs well without major issues, that’s all we can hope for
    That makes more sense - I misunderstood the listed charges. $1,396 total isn't all that bad. I stand corrected (not the first time either). There will be some extra charges at most places, & gap insurance is optional (like you mentioned). Plus, Illinois has a slightly higher sales tax than Wisconsin. Having car payments under $120/month is really nice. A person can always pay off a car early, too. Rather than edit what I said earlier, I admit my error here! Thanks for clarifying!

Check out what this guy claims to have been sucked into https://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/...rce=ios_social Most expensive mirage in North America?
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    Check out what this guy claims to have been sucked into https://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/...rce=ios_social Most expensive mirage in North America?
    $149.71 (bi-weekly) x 26 payments/year = $3,892.6 x 7 years = $27,247.22 CAD = $20,445.13 USD (current exchange rate)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    That makes more sense - I misunderstood the listed charges. $1,396 total isn't all that bad. I stand corrected (not the first time either). There will be some extra charges at most places, & gap insurance is optional (like you mentioned). Plus, Illinois has a slightly higher sales tax than Wisconsin. Having car payments under $120/month is really nice. A person can always pay off a car early, too. Rather than edit what I said earlier, I admit my error here! Thanks for clarifying!
    Wasn't trying to correct anybody I figured you misread what the OP wrote. By the way, hi Mark long time no talk.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to newtomit For This Useful Post:

Mark (11-01-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    $149.71 (bi-weekly) x 26 payments/year = $3,892.6 x 7 years = $27,247.22 CAD = $20,445.13 USD (current exchange rate)
    I did the calculation as well and at first was like over $27k USD for Mirage???? That's just insane... I didn't realize it was in CAD and after conversion to around $20k USD, it doesn't seem too bad. 7 years of interest will add up a lot. I assume the original cost probably was around $15k (which is fairly normal for a new Mirage), plus around $2k for taxes and fees, and around $3k for interest.

Quote Originally Posted by newtomit View Post
    I did the calculation as well and at first was like over $27k USD for Mirage???? That's just insane... I didn't realize it was in CAD and after conversion to around $20k USD, it doesn't seem too bad. 7 years of interest will add up a lot. I assume the original cost probably was around $15k (which is fairly normal for a new Mirage), plus around $2k for taxes and fees, and around $3k for interest.
    I don't see how paying nearly double the msrp for a car doesn't seem too bad?
    $15,000 msrp(which is fairly normal for a new G4 Mirage in Canada),
    plus around $2k for taxes and fees,
    and around $10,000 ($7500USD)interest!!!!

I guess this is a common occurrence when people only look at that easy monthly payment over 7 years instead of the overall cost.
    I almost financed my utv and acknowledged the fact I'd be paying thousands in interest, but when I found out it would have cost me $10,000 above msrp I went a different route.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Thanks everyone, I appreciate the input. I'm happy with the car as it will get my son and I around town comfortably and safely this upcoming winter. Beats walking/public transportation/uber and it fits my budget so I can't be too upset. I plan on making more than the minimum payment when possible in order to knock out the loan faster. However I'm glad its low enough that it gives me some flexibility.

There's nothing like being the first owner of a brand new car but it comes at a cost. You have to be willing to take the new owner depreciation hit but you do get the car in the best condition it will ever be. I would like to replace the mismatched wheel, get it rustproofed and aligned soon. Fortunately it drives in a straight line and doesn't seem to veer. Regardless it bugs me that the wheel isn't straight so I'll get it fixed too.

After following the Mirage for 5-6 years I finally got one! My next Mirage will have to have cruise control, not sure when I'll buy new.

Here is the breakdown of the Bill Of Sale which differs slightly than what is written on the contract but both come to the same sum of $5,991. Finance told me this was done intentionally.

Vehicle price: $5,250
    Documentary fee: $195
    Sales tax: $480
    Title ($150) and registration ($151) fees: $301
    Optional ERT fee: $25
    GAP: $396
    Transport: $95
    Handling and preparation: $250
    Total due: $6,991
    Down payment: $1,000
    Balance due (amount financed): $5,991

The engine bay looks a lot better after washing and degreasing it.

Name:  PXL_20201024_030145944.jpg
Views: 562
Size:  97.4 KB
    Name:  PXL_20201024_031126363.jpg
Views: 551
Size:  99.3 KB
    Name:  PXL_20201031_202921005.jpg
Views: 518
Size:  96.5 KB

Does anyone know what this sticker said? I power washed it a little too much.

Name:  PXL_20201024_031149689_2.jpg
Views: 526
Size:  98.1 KB

Last edited by davidricardo86; 11-01-2020 at 01:20 AM. Reason: Added images