Page 1 of 270 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: What did you do to your Mirage today?

Country
    United States
    Thanks

What did you do to your Mirage today?

I bet this ends up being a "sticky". I started the same kind of thread at geometroforum.com a while back, and it's had over 210,000 views, plus tons of replies.

I picked up my 14 ES from the detailer. The car is inspected, cleaned, and ready to go. Just waiting on an appointment with the DMV inspector to review everything, and examine the car, then give me a title.

Last edited by Car Nut; 02-19-2017 at 10:43 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Car Nut For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (02-21-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Let Mrs Boston JellyBean drive into Boston this morning. I didn't die.
    Then drove skullcrusher to NH to see my nieces. Bought 2 pizzas and soda and had lunch with them. Good day for sure

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage Es 1.2 manual: 38.7 mpg (US) ... 16.4 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.5 mpg (Imp)

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.0 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.4 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to BostonJellyBean For This Useful Post:

MirageRally (12-26-2020)

Business Up Front Johnny Mullet's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Had some nice weather and washed the Mirage and took it to the lake

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Johnny Mullet For This Useful Post:

BostonJellyBean (02-20-2017),Dookaughs (06-30-2023)

Where's the leak ma'am? Marklovski's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I turned hard in corners to get a feel of my new rims and tires. Feelsgoodman.jpg
    Fuel Log: Good enough
    Instagram: @zoras_sapphire

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Marklovski For This Useful Post:

BostonJellyBean (02-20-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I successfully made it to work and back. And pulled out my snow boots from the car today. Snow has melted. Gonna put my Carolina boots back in the car in the A.M..
    May even go by the storage unit and put the shovels back in storage and free up some back seat space

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage Es 1.2 manual: 38.7 mpg (US) ... 16.4 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.5 mpg (Imp)

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.0 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.4 mpg (Imp)

Business Up Front Johnny Mullet's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I am hoping we are done with the snow because I got some sweet 15" rims to install and can't wait! I might do it next weekend. Even if we get a little snow in March the tires are new and should be fine.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Johnny Mullet For This Useful Post:

BostonJellyBean (02-20-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I am debating on pulling the snows off the 17 and putting them back on the 15 in case we get anymore snow.. So the Mrs don't crash lol. She wants green rims. Dealer sells sparco for like 109 a pop. I got alloys with new enasaves from the 15 es. May buy her the pretty rims and dump the alloys on the 17 for the 3 good seasons. But do I stick with the 14" or go up to 15"?

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    i had it cleaned inside and out yesterday... it feels so good to have it nice and clean. I take it to this really cheap car cleaner where my parents lived. Last time I was there the car wash put the final nail in the coffin for the stock 2014 antenna (which is honesty garbage and very fragile) and told the owner in passing i found and replaced it for $4 with a much sturdier one off of ebay, and he just offered to reimburse me. Got the cleaning essentially for $21. Repping for In n Out in Brampton haha. They send coupons in the mail.

ALSO I found a metal elongated bucket that fits perfectly in the middle and essentially topped it off with a tiny dollartree toolbox and it makes a weirdly perfect arm rest. It is unfortunately a Canadian Flag bucket, but it was a pretty sweet $5 spent. It's really nice actually, having that extra storage space goes a long way to me keeping my car clean. I'll take a picture and post it in the center console thread tomorrow, lol.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Spadesheart For This Useful Post:

bzacon (04-21-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Spadesheart View Post
    i had it cleaned inside and out yesterday... it feels so good to have it nice and clean. I take it to this really cheap car cleaner where my parents lived. Last time I was there the car wash put the final nail in the coffin for the stock 2014 antenna (which is honesty garbage and very fragile) and told the owner in passing i found and replaced it for $4 with a much sturdier one off of ebay, and he just offered to reimburse me. Got the cleaning essentially for $21. Repping for In n Out in Brampton haha. They send coupons in the mail.

ALSO I found a metal elongated bucket that fits perfectly in the middle and essentially topped it off with a tiny dollartree toolbox and it makes a weirdly perfect arm rest. It is unfortunately a Canadian Flag bucket, but it was a pretty sweet $5 spent. It's really nice actually, having that extra storage space goes a long way to me keeping my car clean. I'll take a picture and post it in the center console thread tomorrow, lol.
    So what's so bad about it having the Canadian flag on it? I think the flag looks pretty cool.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Car Nut View Post
    So what's so bad about it having the Canadian flag on it? I think the flag looks pretty cool.
    While it doesn't quite look professional anyways, it certainly looks less like it belongs there when its wrapped in a flag, Canadian or no haha. I just care that it works well, and it was cheap really, but I'd have preferred a plain...bucket.