Page 82 of 87 FirstFirst ... 32728081828384 ... LastLast

Thread: How much did you pay for your Mirage?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,713 Times in 2,124 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nifty_Biscuit View Post
    I may have to replace my mirage soon, so I hope that the prices do continue coming down. I would like to get a 17 or a 21 if I have to switch, I like how the 21 looks but I don't like touchscreens and infotainment systems in cars.
    You probably already know this, but backup cameras became mandatory in 2018. Backup cameras = screens on the dash.

If I could pick any Mirage, it would be the 2019 ES manual. Factory cruise control became standard for all Mirages in 2019, which I would like. In 2020, auto climate controls became standard for all again, which I don't like. Thus, the 2019 ES manual with cruise control & manual climate controls would be my first pick.

I could live with any of the three front ends of the Mirage. I see it as a cheap economy car, & the differences in front ends don't change my perspective.

CVT becoming standard for all Mirages in 2023 is a deal breaker for me, however. I would have zero interest in a new one now.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

mohammad (12-23-2022)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post

If I could pick any Mirage, it would be the 2019 ES manual. Factory cruise control became standard for all Mirages in 2019, which I would like. In 2020, auto climate controls became standard for all again, which I don't like. Thus, the 2019 ES manual with cruise control & manual climate controls would be my first pick.

I could live with any of the three front ends of the Mirage. I see it as a cheap economy car, & the differences in front ends don't change my perspective.

CVT becoming standard for all Mirages in 2023 is a deal breaker for me, however. I would have zero interest in a new one now.
    I agree with all three of your points 100% except that I do slightly favor the updated front-end / rear-end updated looks as compared to mine, but that is a very minor factor for me. I purchased the 2020 ES manual new from a dealer in Clarksville, TN; Dec 2020 for $11,820 before tax and registration. Traded; financed $5,700; paid off in a little more than a year. Capitol One financing was a fantastic experience. Best auto purchase / trade decision that I've ever made.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gregsfc For This Useful Post:

inuvik (12-23-2022),Mark (12-23-2022)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by gregsfc View Post
    I agree with all three of your points 100% except that I do slightly favor the updated front-end / rear-end updated looks as compared to mine, but that is a very minor factor for me. I purchased the 2020 ES manual new from a dealer in Clarksville, TN; Dec 2020 for $11,820 before tax and registration. Traded; financed $5,700; paid off in a little more than a year. Capitol One financing was a fantastic experience. Best auto purchase / trade decision that I've ever made.
    Sadly the highly discounted prices & manual option are gone!

My Mirage may be the last new vehicle I ever buy, & I am OK with that.

I don't think either of my grandparents ever bought a new vehicle in their lifetime. My dad is not that way. He likes buying brand new vehicles all the time. So maybe it skips a generation?

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Sadly the highly discounted prices & manual option are gone!

My Mirage may be the last new vehicle I ever buy, & I am OK with that.

I don't think either of my grandparents ever bought a new vehicle in their lifetime. My dad is not that way. He likes buying brand new vehicles all the time. So maybe it skips a generation?
    I thought a brand new car was impossible but I know of someone who bought a 2022 Elantra 6 spd MT with A/C and other goodies for $16.5 CDN OTD. I'd buy and drive that car, it looks fine and she tells me she gets nearly Mirage mileage in town but better than the Mirage on the highway. The warranty isn't as fancy and I know Hyundai have/had all sorts of reliability issues in the past but really, they'd be out of the market if all they sold was ****. My crystal ball says car prices are heading to a 20-50% drop OTD, the sticker price may not move but with incentives and other sleight of hand the makers will sell cars by god and by golly.

I'll spring for a new 5MT Mirage if I can find one OTD for $13.5K or less within the next 24 months. After I don't think any new 5 MT cars will exist for sale. Maybe the Elantra will still have a 6 MT option and be reasonable.
    Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallythacker View Post
    I thought a brand new car was impossible but I know of someone who bought a 2022 Elantra 6 spd MT with A/C and other goodies for $16.5 CDN OTD. I'd buy and drive that car, it looks fine and she tells me she gets nearly Mirage mileage in town but better than the Mirage on the highway. The warranty isn't as fancy and I know Hyundai have/had all sorts of reliability issues in the past but really, they'd be out of the market if all they sold was ****. My crystal ball says car prices are heading to a 20-50% drop OTD, the sticker price may not move but with incentives and other sleight of hand the makers will sell cars by god and by golly.

I'll spring for a new 5MT Mirage if I can find one OTD for $13.5K or less within the next 24 months. After I don't think any new 5 MT cars will exist for sale. Maybe the Elantra will still have a 6 MT option and be reasonable.
    I used to think Hyundai/KIA vehicles were a good value. A lot of my bias was based on my $5,300 ($6,300 - $1,000 Ford rebate offer) brand new 1990 Ford Festiva that was designed by Mazda, built by KIA, & sold by Ford. For the money, I think that was one of my better vehicle purchases. After driving that car for 14 years, I really regretted selling it. Owning a cheap daily driver with just liability insurance is cheap transportation.

I've seen too many engine horror stories for Hyundai/KIA these days. Mirage, Fit, Yaris, or Mazda2, Vibe, Matrix, Corolla hatchback, & some Scion models with manual transmissions would be the only small hatchbacks I would consider these days. In 2023, none of these cars (manuals) are sold in the States any more.

I think Kia(Hyundai) is okay when new but I’m still not overly impressed with the ones they be been around. The wife had a 15 optima, it was ok power and comfort wise but the 6 spd auto would act up once in a while. And when it rained water would sometimes leak from passenger side of the dash. It got traded in before it had any typical engine problems. Now there’s a 2020 V6 sorento in its place. It’s been okay so far other than having a valve cover that’s developing a leak.

Stevedmc put a ton of miles on his mirage then bought a Hyundai Elantra I believe. I’m genuinely curious as to how it compares to the mirage in the reliability department.
    Last edited by Fummins; 12-23-2022 at 09:35 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post

Stevedmc put a ton of miles on his mirage then bought a Hyundai Elantra I believe. IĀ’m genuinely curious as to how it compares to the mirage in the reliability department.
    I wonder the same. Steve put 300,000+ miles on his Mirage before he had a major issue outside of replacing the A/C compressor with a used one I believe.

It may take him a couple years to get up to that mileage. I don't doubt that his Elantra is a nice comfortable riding car with decent power & stellar highway economy numbers.

I'm not saying the current Hyundai models are terrible (hopefully improved), but I am not sure they have treated past customers with issues very well. That bothers me. Especially from a company that claims to have a great powertrain warranty like Mitsubishi.

I wonder the same. Steve put 300,000+ miles on his Mirage before he had a major issue outside of replacing the A/C compressor with a used one I believe.

It may take him a couple years to get up to that mileage. I don't doubt that his Elantra is a nice comfortable riding car with decent power & stellar highway economy numbers.

I'm not saying the current Hyundai models are terrible (hopefully improved), but I am not sure they have treated past customers with issues very well. That bothers me. Especially from a company that claims to have a great powertrain warranty like Mitsubishi.
    Hyundai/Kia offers a good warranty in the US but not up here. We get the basic 5 year/60k mile power train. Afaik, Mitsubishi is the only mfg up here that offers a standard 10 year power train warranty.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    Hyundai/Kia offers a good warranty in the US but not up here. We get the basic 5 year/60k mile power train. Afaik, Mitsubishi is the only mfg up here that offers a standard 10 year power train warranty.
    I generally get the lemons of the batch so a good warranty means a great deal to me. Canada has no lemon laws. Of course, if Hyundai offered the same as Mirage I wouldn't have anything go wrong. Otherwise, the day my Hyundai 60 mo/60km warranty expires my motor calves.

Remember when all autos were 12mo/12k miles? And no corrosion coverage, no battery, nor anything considered consumable, light bulbs, wipers, tires, belts, upholstery. We have come a long way when you think about it.
    Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks

Used 2018 Mirage

Quote Originally Posted by Daox View Post
    As a tool to help other Mirage buyers negotiate prices, how much did you pay for your Mirage?
    Please specify what trim and options you have as well as your location.
    I got a used 2018 Mirage G4 GLS got for about $9,000.00 USD including insurance.

Just got it like 2 weeks ago!