Page 77 of 87 FirstFirst ... 27677576777879 ... LastLast

Thread: How much did you pay for your Mirage?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I forgot about the $500 we put down. So a total of $15327.68
    Overall I think we will be happy with the mirage and it will function well for what we want it to do. Economy with a lot of features.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,709 Times in 2,120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by inuvik View Post
    Could you have saved yourself more by traveling or engaging in contact sport negotiations with a dealer? Maybe, but you did fine IMHO.
    White Bear Mitsubishi is currently listing some of their 2021 Mirage ES manuals for $10,999.

On top of that, the following rebates could be taken off that price. They even state additional rebates may apply (& it is how they do business) -
    $1,000 loyalty rebate (that would apply to any of us current Mitsubishi owners).
    $500 VIP offer (need to check details to see if you qualify)
    $500 Military offer

Since I would only qualify for the $1,000 loyalty rebate, a new 2021 Mirage ES manual would cost me $9,999. It took approximately $850 (Wisconsin sales tax, registration, new plates, documentation fee, etc...) to push my 2017 Mirage OTD. I would expect that to still be under $1,000. Thus, I could buy a new 2021 Mirage ES manual for under $11,000 OTD.

That's about $1,000 more than what I paid in 2017 (didn't qualify for the loyalty rebate then), but the current Mirage has cruise control, 6-way adjustable driver's seat, automatic climate controls, & backup camera/radio with Bluetooth, braking assist (features not standard on my 2017), & fancy new grill that looks like the other Mitsubishi models.

For someone like myself (prefers a manual), the Mirage is still a very good deal! This is the part of the equation missing from most car reviews. These cars can be had for much less than MSRP. Making them very affordable, reliable, & economical.

Additional: WB has two low mileage (under 11,000 miles) Mirages ES manuals (2018-19), & they are asking about $10,000. I would pay the extra $1000 for a new one that comes with a full warranty!
    Last edited by Mark; 02-12-2021 at 02:16 AM.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,820 Times in 2,126 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    That's about $1,000 more than what I paid in 2017 (didn't qualify for the loyalty rebate then), but the current Mirage has cruise control, 6-way adjustable driver's seat, automatic climate controls, & backup camera/radio with Bluetooth, braking assist (features not standard on my 2017), & fancy new grill that looks like the other Mitsubishi models.
    Features! That's what I'm talking about.

But honestly Mark, I get what you're saying about feature creep. It's definitely something to be aware of when shopping around. $1,000 for these additional features may not sound like much in today's market, but for some other model vehicles the cost can be much higher. It gets crazy, doesn't it?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,709 Times in 2,120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Features! That's what I'm talking about.

But honestly Mark, I get what you're saying about feature creep. It's definitely something to be aware of when shopping around. $1,000 for these additional features may not sound like much in today's market, but for some other model vehicles the cost can be much higher. It gets crazy, doesn't it?

I am not opposed to features. I know I come across that way, but having something like cruise is always appreciated. I haven't spent the money to add that feature, but I do miss it at times.

A brand new car with all those features for under $11,000 OTD is a good value. Even if you didn't qualify for the loyalty rebate $12,000 OTD isn't bad.

Would I buy a cheaper Mirage with less features? Probably, but that doesn't take away from the current deals, and most people want these features. I don't use A/C much, but at times it's very nice to have. I prefer manual climate controls, but auto climate controls are not a deal breaker. If alloy rims are your thing, that's not that expensive to change either. These are manual prices, & CVT adds to the overall cost, too.

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    I bought my 2017 Mirage G4 in September 2017 used, but had only 558 miles for $9,000 cash from a law office handling the estate of an old lady that passed away. I walked from the law office to the tag office, which was next door, to register and tag it. Paid only the $9k and Florida sales tax. No dealer fees, tag/title fees (other than what I paid the DMV) or any other fees whatsoever. It has Android Auto, cruise control and CVT. It did not have push button start or aluminum wheels.

I now have about 59,000 miles, never had any problems.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to G4 Mirage 2017 For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (04-27-2021),inuvik (04-26-2021),MetroMPG (04-26-2021)

That is a screaming deal! Congrats.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    That is a screaming deal! Congrats.
    I should add because I just remembered this and it could help others. I paid cash because I couldn't finance it at a law office obviously, but I didn't want to pay cash, I sort of borrowed it short term from my Dad. But I called my credit union and asked for a title loan on it and they asked me how much I wanted to finance. And I said as much as I can. They told me the sticker was $17,000 so I got a $17,000 car loan on a car that I paid $9,000 for at 2.24% rate (I have excellent credit) for 5 years. The payments were still very manageable for me and after paying my Dad back the $9,000 I put the other $8,000 in my Robinhood account. Not necessarily recommending that for everyone but just letting everyone know it is possible.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to G4 Mirage 2017 For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (04-26-2021)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by G4 Mirage 2017 View Post
    I bought my 2017 Mirage G4 in September 2017 used, but had only 558 miles for $9,000 cash from a law office handling the estate of an old lady that passed away. I walked from the law office to the tag office, which was next door, to register and tag it. Paid only the $9k and Florida sales tax. No dealer fees, tag/title fees (other than what I paid the DMV) or any other fees whatsoever. It has Android Auto, cruise control and CVT. It did not have push button start or aluminum wheels.

I now have about 59,000 miles, never had any problems.
    Easily in the top 5 of deals ever posted on here. G4 is underrated. That trunk space matches many mid sized sedans on the market. I drive the wife's G4 more than my hatch when I can.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Dirk Diggler For This Useful Post:

inuvik (04-27-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,417 Times in 1,025 Posts
    I agree (G4 underrated). I saw a review where they said the hatch had better lines. And I was like "whuuuuh?" Not that the hatch is ugly. It's nice looking. But the sedan to me is at least on par with the hatch, if not better. I've just never owned a hatch and wanted the "truckster" kind of use from the hatch area. No regrets. But I'm guessing I would have been just as happy with a G4, but I have had sedans and coupes out the ... ying-yang.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

13. The Following User Says Thank You to 7milesout For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (04-27-2021)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    I agree (G4 underrated). I saw a review where they said the hatch had better lines. And I was like "whuuuuh?" Not that the hatch is ugly. It's nice looking. But the sedan to me is at least on par with the hatch, if not better. I've just never owned a hatch and wanted the "truckster" kind of use from the hatch area. No regrets. But I'm guessing I would have been just as happy with a G4, but I have had sedans and coupes out the ... ying-yang.
    Two adults or 3 kids can fit fine in the back of the G4 and you can pack some seriously luggage back there. When I was driving Uber part time, I did it in my hatch but regretted not doing it in the G4. It would of made some airport rides a lot easier. Also the hatch IMO has a worse blind spot when changing lanes. I really like the G4 visibility better. Not that I dont love my green hatch though. Its better looking IMO, I mean the G4 is a little goofy looking with that big butt and tiny tire wheels lol. Our G4 didn't come with a push thru either which I didn't learn until after I got it, felt like a schmuck after that lol. I hope the G4 stays on here. Alot of folks will always be sedan drivers, like my Dad. He thinks big SUVs are a waste of money because if you need utility for the kids, a van does everything an SUV does but better. SUV just aesthetically more pleasing too most.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Dirk Diggler For This Useful Post:

Eggman (04-27-2021)