Page 64 of 87 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674 ... LastLast

Thread: How much did you pay for your Mirage?

I just did a build and price on mitsu canada's website. Built a base model es 5 speed. The list the msrp at $10998. When you go to summary, the total comes to $12334. That includes freight and pdi, tire tax, etc... But the one thing they have on there is $100 air conditioning tax for a car that doesn't have air conditioning. Has anyone else had this? Or does nobody buy a new car without ac anymore? I wouldn't cry too much about it but that works out to about 3/4 tank of fuel in my truck, or 2- 30 packs of beers.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Quote Originally Posted by grevster View Post
    I paid $5200 CAD ($3900 USD) just a month ago for my 2014 CVT ES with 115k kms (71k miles) on it. Auto A/C, bluetooth, cruise control, heated seats, alloy rims. It has some body damage/dents but most of it can be PDRed. The front brakes needed replacement. Fog lights were vandalized and need new ones. Did not check the rear brakes yet but I expect them to be replaced soon as well.
    Rear brakes should be ok, unless someone was e-brake happy? Why do you think fog lights were vandalized? Those things are rock magnets. Our cars don't have foglights but the knock out where the light would be is missing on most cars. We thought people were kicking them in at first but nope.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by grevster View Post
    I paid $5200 CAD ($3900 USD) just a month ago for my 2014 CVT ES with 115k kms (71k miles) on it. Auto A/C, bluetooth, cruise control, heated seats, alloy rims. It has some body damage/dents but most of it can be PDRed. The front brakes needed replacement. Fog lights were vandalized and need new ones. Did not check the rear brakes yet but I expect them to be replaced soon as well.
    Dont concern yourself with the rear drums too much. I had a trusted brake shop owner basically tell me the drums in the bad hardly do anything besides throw in with emergency e-brake manuevers. I changed mine out at 50k miles, they were a little thin, but dont worry about em till your at like 125k miles honestly. Just keep changing those tiny front ones every 30k miles and your good. Driving a 2000lb car can let let you get away with stuff like that.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Dirk Diggler For This Useful Post:

grevster (08-30-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,684 Times in 2,103 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    I just did a build and price on mitsu canada's website. Built a base model es 5 speed. The list the msrp at $10998. When you go to summary, the total comes to $12334. That includes freight and pdi, tire tax, etc... But the one thing they have on there is $100 air conditioning tax for a car that doesn't have air conditioning. Has anyone else had this? Or does nobody buy a new car without ac anymore? I wouldn't cry too much about it but that works out to about 3/4 tank of fuel in my truck, or 2- 30 packs of beers.
    $12,334 Canadian is approximately $9,285 American. Apparently, Canadian cars come with a hefty freight charge!

I would question a $100 A/C tax, too?

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    Rear brakes should be ok, unless someone was e-brake happy? Why do you think fog lights were vandalized? Those things are rock magnets. Our cars don't have foglights but the knock out where the light would be is missing on most cars. We thought people were kicking them in at first but nope.
    That was previous owner's answer when I asked about the broken fog lights. I ordered new ones from ebay, which was about $100 CAD including duty. I will be installing them sometime in the coming weeks.

You gave me a good warning though (thank you), before I install them maybe I should put some kind of metallic mesh in front of them to provide protection from rocks. Sounds like a small DIY project.

@Dirk:

That is good to know, thank you. I would like to inspect them because there is some sound coming from rear left sometimes when I brake and the brake noise makes me feel ill for some reason. Hopefully it is just lack of lubrication under contact points and not metal to metal condition.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    MIT's removed the various discounts like $500 loyalty, $500 student, $500 service member,$500 first responder etc.

You could stack those if applicable and have a nice discount. I would have qualified for $1500 at the time.
    Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Paid $5900 taxes and licensing and plates included for a 2015 mitsubishi mirage de 5 spd. 81k on it. Has Bluetooth, power windows, steering control for radio and Bluetooth, fog lights and came with 15 " rims that are off a newer model I believe. I'm happy with the price.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Daso For This Useful Post:

Fummins (11-14-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I got the Mitsubishi Mirage G4 Sedan 2017 for $14,000. It was suppose to be higher but I was able to negotiate it that low. The car was bought new with less than 300 miles. I got the lowest tear Mirage G4 Sedan.
    Last edited by Teshuah; 11-23-2019 at 07:10 PM.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Me and my wife paid like $23k total out the door for our mirage se this year. 2019
    had 34 miles on it when we test drove it. They said it was only like 18 or 19 but then tax title and all the others added a few extra K's

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,781 Times in 2,100 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommyskillz View Post
    Me and my wife paid like $23k total out the door for our mirage se this year. 2019
    had 34 miles on it when we test drove it. They said it was only like 18 or 19 but then tax title and all the others added a few extra K's
    That seems more than a little on the high side for an economy car, Tommyskillz. I paid almost half that for my top trim 2015 with a manual transmission.

You might want to hold off spending any more money on modifications for that car until the loan is paid off.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)