Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: High consumption fuel

Country
    Algeria
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

High consumption fuel

Hello everybody

I just bought a used mirage 1.2 cvt 80ch year 2014, 115000 in counter, spark plug changed, air filter changed, oil and filtre oil changet too, no default in diagnostic, but i have a very high consumption 12L/100km !!! other symptom, an anormale vibration in idle engine, anybody can help me if you have solutions

I posted you two photos to help you identify the engine.

Sorry for my inglish im I am a stranger

Thanks

Attached Images Attached Images   

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage 1.2 automatic: 26.0 mpg (US) ... 11.0 km/L ... 9.1 L/100 km ... 31.2 mpg (Imp)

What are your rpm's at at certain speeds? Maybe someone could tell you if they are higher than normal. Do you have a green "eco" light ever come on to the right of the speedometer while driving? 12l/100kms is pretty bad, how are you figuring this out, by hand calculating or by looking at the display in the car?
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Welcome, Pegas111 --

Where are you driving the car? City traffic? Open highway? What speeds?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Algeria
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    What are your rpm's at at certain speeds? Maybe someone could tell you if they are higher than normal. Do you have a green "eco" light ever come on to the right of the speedometer while driving? 12l/100kms is pretty bad, how are you figuring this out, by hand calculating or by looking at the display in the car?
    Hello thanks for reply, my mirage is automatic transmission,i don’t have eco light, how i can activate it?
    12L/100km is marked in board computer, and with refueling i can use it for 320 km in trafic

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage 1.2 automatic: 26.0 mpg (US) ... 11.0 km/L ... 9.1 L/100 km ... 31.2 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Algeria
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Welcome, Pegas111 --

Where are you driving the car? City traffic? Open highway? What speeds?
    City trafic, average speed 30km/h

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Hello Pegas111 and welcome to the forum.

Driving with frequent stops and short trips where the car is turned off before it reaches operating temperature can cause increased fuel consumption. However, your problem seems worse than what can be caused by driving habits alone. There must be something else going on, as you are consuming twice as much fuel as most other forum members.

I would like you to try an experiment. Make an entry in our forum's Fuel Economy Log and enter data there for several refuelings. A link to this feature can be found at the top of every forum page. There we can follow your progress, and this can also address possible miscalculations.

There are some things to follow to make calculations more accurate.
    1. Multiple fill-ups averaged are more accurate than a single fill-up.
    2. Be consistent in filling up your gas tank. Be sure to fully fill your gas tank, but be sure to stop filling when your fuel pump automatically shuts off.
    3. Use your Mirage trip computer. Reset the trip recorder at every fill-up, record your odometer readings and compare your results. The trip distance should equal the odometer difference between fill-ups.

It might be helpful to understand that the Mirage is designed to be an affordable economy car. By design, it is not very fast and powerful.

What size tires are you driving on? Who makes them, and what model are they?

Let us know what you think. Advice from a distance can be difficult as we don't really know all that is happening.

Thanks for participating in our forum. We look forward to hearing from you again soon.
    Last edited by Eggman; 03-07-2018 at 08:43 AM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Algeria
    Thanks
    Hi and thanks for reply

the tires are original, it was replaced at the dealership, a mechanic told me that it could be the valve admission... because the engine starts a little long, and the vibrations are important on the position (N), but after the start (D) the vibrations disappear

Thanks

Country
    Algeria
    Thanks
    Hello, i make a video for more details, video is in 4K change YouTube setting to better hear the sound

https://youtu.be/RaGe9UbOTmY

Thanks

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    What air temps are you driving in? 40+ celcius? Are you always running the AC at full?
    Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Algeria
    Thanks
    No, in my country at winter temperatures is between 2°-16° i run without ac