Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Midwest Mitsubishi Mirage Meet 2018! (June 23, Port Washington, WI)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Daox View Post
    You get a certain number of free ECU writes. You start with 2, but I think you get an extra one every week. I'm not sure what it tops out at. I only used one to get my cruise enabled and thats it. I haven't messed with it since its been cold out. I will be poking around it more when we have warmer weather and I have a minute.
    I think its a limit of per vin then you have a set amount of Vins you can do

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Rkt Ship For This Useful Post:

Daox (03-16-2018)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    That does appear to be the case (VIN limitation). I'm not sure how many I can do before I hit the limit though. The free request thread on the ETACs site is not very clear about this. EDIT: Looking at purchasing server requests, it appears 'personal use' is "under 3 requests" for the past 30 days. So, I should be able to do at least 2 cars. If someone else brings a laptop, we can use that to do more than that. I believe he also tracks IP or MAC addresses to eliminate mass use as well.
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

Thanks for organizing this, spork!

We'll get this into a couple of the monthly e-mail newsletters, plus on the "featured topics" on the home page. Doing that now...

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

bzacon (03-20-2018),Daox (03-16-2018),spork (03-17-2018)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Daox View Post
    That does appear to be the case (VIN limitation). I'm not sure how many I can do before I hit the limit though. The free request thread on the ETACs site is not very clear about this. EDIT: Looking at purchasing server requests, it appears 'personal use' is "under 3 requests" for the past 30 days. So, I should be able to do at least 2 cars. If someone else brings a laptop, we can use that to do more than that. I believe he also tracks IP or MAC addresses to eliminate mass use as well.
    If i dont make it you can use my login stuff too. Or is it based on Mac addresses....hmm i wonder

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I totally dropped the ball on replying to this. I'll make a point of getting etacs installed and bringing another laptop if it's any help. Also, anyone else around Milwaukee, especially south side who wants to meet up for a micro-convoy up to the park on the day of, that might be something fun to do, albeit silly and a short distance. I assume some people will be bringing tools in case this becomes a modding party, and I plan to do the same. Be safe and use jack stands everyone!
    2014 Mirage GLX 5MT Plasma Purple
    2004 Accord EX 5MT Graphite Pearl RIP

No one ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public. -- That's why Ford outsells Mitsu in the US

8. The Following User Says Thank You to bzacon For This Useful Post:

Daox (04-05-2018)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Getting closer. Make sure you let Spork know if you're coming!

Name:  meet.jpg
Views: 535
Size:  64.5 KB
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,781 Times in 2,100 Posts
    Can I make a suggestion? Whoever shows please take the time to make a video review of the Mirage. It would be good to counter the ignorant negativity with some positive highlights from owners.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

LetItMarinate (03-26-2018)

Someone remind me to set up a site-wide dismissable meeting "notice" at the start of June that shows up at the top of every page.

(Like the current one we're running for the MPG gauge give-away.)

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

13. The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

bzacon (04-11-2018)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    The countdown continues...

Name:  count.jpg
Views: 429
Size:  64.1 KB

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    How many do we have coming so far?